Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Huddersfield. Lucas hattrick and Wanyama.

Also smashed Bournemouth 5-0 a few days after smashing Everton 6-2.

Ahhh my first game at the new stadium.
4-0 , 2 up at half time.
Then went on to score less goals (3) in our remaining 5 league games..

We had the Everton & Bournemouth strong wins.. then fuck up at HOME (Wembley) against Wolves 1-3.

Smashed up United 0-3 on their own turf... then lose 2-1 at Watford.

It's rare we win games without giving me anxiety at some point... but when we do it gives me anxiety about the next game now.

Would take a 2-0 tomorrow though. Everyone including Toon fans expect us to smash them... which makes me nervous because we have a habit of making hard work of these situations.

I love being a Tottenham fan.
COYS!

Not playing Lucas or Lamela would be harsh and based on Pochettino's glowing comments it sounds like Son will be reintroduced. Wouldn't be surprised to see Eriksen on the bench.

Lloris
KWP Alderweired Sanchez Davies
Winks Sissoko
Moura Lamela Son
Kane

Bench: Gazzaniga, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Dele/Skipp (depending on Dele's fitness)

If i see one more time that people suggest Lo Celso should or will start i will hit the disagree button. He is not fit yet and will not start till League Cup or CL if we get easy first game. He needs time.

Not playing Lucas or Lamela would be harsh and based on Pochettino's glowing comments it sounds like Son will be reintroduced. Wouldn't be surprised to see Eriksen on the bench.

Lloris
KWP Alderweired Sanchez Davies
Winks Sissoko
Moura Lamela Son
Kane

Bench: Gazzaniga, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Dele/Skipp (depending on Dele's fitness)

I agree and think Poch will start that 11.
Bench I'm optimistic that Parrott will get a spot tomorrow. It's just the kind of game he could get his Premier League debut.. 8 minutes when we're 2 or 3 up hopefully.

If i see one more time that people suggest Lo Celso should or will start i will hit the disagree button. He is not fit yet and will not start till League Cup or CL if we get easy first game. He needs time.

giphy.gif

Police waiting on the side of the pitch for the final whistle to blow so they can arrest our players.

THATS the level of abuse I expect us to inflict on a terrible Newcastle team.

If not I'll see you all here for the melt flavoured brawls

Why can't he be fit? He played in the Copa AmerIca, only had few weeks off before joining us so in terms of fitness there shouldn't be a problem. The question is whether he knows by now what Poch wants from a tactical viewpoint

I still say he should start:pochsmirk:

Why can't he be fit? He played in the Copa AmerIca, only had few weeks off before joining us so in terms of fitness there shouldn't be a problem. The question is whether he knows by now what Poch wants from a tactical viewpoint

I still say he should start:pochsmirk:

I understand fitness to an extent, but this is the part that baffles me the most... What is it about how we play that is so supposedly complicated that players that have already played at a high level are expected to struggle with?

We aren't the aggressive, hard pressing, hunting in packs, fast transitioning team of a few years back. Meanwhile, amongst others, Rodri, have/has been dropped straight into starting XIs from day one; so what gives?

I won 124 euros on the horses today so I have placed 4 euros on us leading 3-0 half time and 5-0 full time....odds of 65/1.
Just trying to decide where to go to celebrate tomorrow evening :thumbup:

I understand fitness to an extent, but this is the part that baffles me the most... What is it about how we play that is so supposedly complicated that players that have already played at a high level are expected to struggle with?

We aren't the aggressive, hard pressing, hunting in packs, fast transitioning team of a few years back. Meanwhile, amongst others, Rodri, have/has been dropped straight into starting XIs from day one; so what gives?
Watch Ceballos at Anfield today. Looked a world beater last week. Put him against that Liverpool midfield and he couldn’t cope. Looked knackered by half time. It’s the different pace of the game compared to what he is used to

Watch Ceballos at Anfield today. Looked a world beater last week. Put him against that Liverpool midfield and he couldn’t cope. Looked knackered by half time. It’s the different pace of the game compared to what he is used to

Like I say; energy levels I get....

Ever since we lost to these twats 5 1 away when they had 10 men I've always hated them. And now with that thumb in a suit steve bruce as boss I want them to feel real abuse.

If we can't beat a team like newcastle at our world class ground then there is a bigger problem. Oddly we took a point off city from one of the worst performances I've seen from us so surely we are due a response on the back of the morale boost of nicking a pt off them.

Last time we really dicked someone was the second half vs Dortmund at wembley. The 3 1 win over chelsea at wembley. Everton 6 2. Yes we beat Bournemouth 5 0 but they had a lot of chances and another day we would have lost.

Drop eriksen. I want to see a front 4 of Lamela moura son and kane. Fuck it, let's play lo celso alongside sissoko in mid now that ndombele has got a knock.

Ever since we lost to these twats 5 1 away when they had 10 men I've always hated them. And now with that thumb in a suit steve bruce as boss I want them to feel real abuse.

If we can't beat a team like newcastle at our world class ground then there is a bigger problem. Oddly we took a point off city from one of the worst performances I've seen from us so surely we are due a response on the back of the morale boost of nicking a pt off them.

Last time we really dicked someone was the second half vs Dortmund at wembley. The 3 1 win over chelsea at wembley. Everton 6 2. Yes we beat Bournemouth 5 0 but they had a lot of chances and another day we would have lost.

Drop eriksen. I want to see a front 4 of Lamela moura son and kane. Fuck it, let's play lo celso alongside sissoko in mid now that ndombele has got a knock.

You mean something along these lines in the papers on Monday ??
38tb90.jpg

Can we just start the game fast, with energy, tempo, intent and 'aggresivity' for fuck sake, even if the goals don't come. Just tired of so many slow, casual first halves lately.

Well Newcastle at home should be the perfect game for Lo Celso to make his full debut then. A nice easy introduction to PL life

Back
Top Bottom