Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why there is no urgency in our play?

Can’t see the point subbing Rose with Davies!

The bottom line we don’t have a second striker llorente replacement. Parrott is too young and inexperienced
He brought Davies on to add a bit of energy in the dying minutes of the game and, to be fair, he did at least try to get something going down the left flank.

I am not criticising other 'fans' but the usual piss their pants merchants that come out in force after a Spurs defeat that a very large number went missing the minute Moura got his third against ajax.
That's nothing, I saw one fan actually TAKE A PISS over the back walkway at the top of the South Stand...
Admittedly, he was off his face... but still... pissing on your own door step!

when you force their players back so that 10 defender inside the box, how are we going to thread a ball though ? we needed to be playing in the middle 1/3 of the pitch thus drawing their players out and opening up the pitch then we could play balls over the top or though the lines

Newcastle never left their penalty box, they were happy to let us pass it in f

What are your thoughts on what's going on in Kane's head at the moment. He's appears totally out of it. I'm worried!
I wonder if his ankle's still really fragile. He came up slowly out of a couple of tackles today, feeling the ankle and looking like he was thinking, 'is it ok or not?'.
One thing's certain - he's currently a shadow of what he was. 2 goals against Villa covered over the fact that he's just nowhere near his best. As others have said, he may as well have not been on the pitch today. He just stood between their back four, having a fag.

And what did the person in the seat behind you think of that?

No idea. I was looking at the pitch, as was he and those behind him i guess..... and you have started me on one now. Unlike...

All those that turn up, do not utter a single word of a song, show no emotion or passion and very little interest in the game. Family to my right, Dad.Mum and 3 kids... (presumably) Kids sat and didnt watch the game, Mum looked like she was seriously pissed off about something and Dad just had a stupid grin all the game.

Fine, each to their own, but this wasn't in the family section or west, east stands. It was Row bloody 5 behind the goal in the "wall of noise". You know, the area that used to generate the atmosphere, the area where the core support was. That is repeated up and down each row in the South Stand.

My Son who has been coming to games for the last 6 years with me, mentioned at half time how that area of the ground has massively changed. First time he has been in the new "park lane" area. Seems the groups of Lads that got things going are either dispersed or not there at all, or maybe just diluted by the tourists.

The best atmosphere is in the Goal Line Bar area before the game.

No idea. I was looking at the pitch, as was he and those behind him i guess..... and you have started me on one now. Unlike...

All those that turn up, do not utter a single word of a song, show no emotion or passion and very little interest in the game. Family to my right, Dad.Mum and 3 kids... (presumably) Kids sat and didnt watch the game, Mum looked like she was seriously pissed off about something and Dad just had a stupid grin all the game.

Fine, each to their own, but this wasn't in the family section or west, east stands. It was Row bloody 5 behind the goal in the "wall of noise". You know, the area that used to generate the atmosphere, the area where the core support was. That is repeated up and down each row in the South Stand.

My Son who has been coming to games for the last 6 years with me, mentioned at half time how that area of the ground has massively changed. First time he has been in the new "park lane" area. Seems the groups of Lads that got things going are either dispersed or not there at all, or maybe just diluted by the tourists.

This is genuine (not invented for effect) - At half time I noticed a young man with dwarfism walking back to his seat. If he'd have been in the seat behind you, would you have blocked his view for the entire game?

I once blagged a ticket in the home end at St Mary’s during the Jol era - snuck in wearing covert socks, and promised my brother-in-law (a Saints ST holder) not to celebrate if we scored. Turned out we lost. Dire game. Bit like yesterday.

Geezer behind me was saying similar throughout the match.People next to me were tutting.Everything he said /was moaning g about was correct imho. Shame, because it could be mustard in there

This is genuine (not invented for effect) - At half time I noticed a young man with dwarfism walking back to his seat. If he'd have been in the seat behind you, would you have blocked his view for the entire game?

This is not said for effect. I would have offered to swap seats with him. I have done this numerous times for younger fans if my view was better than where they sat, smaller people are also disadvantaged when we all sit.

I would have thought with this fellas disability, he would have been able to make use of the ample spaces set aside for disabled people (quite rightly as well). How do you know he wasn't in that area ?

What are your thoughts on what's going on in Kane's head at the moment. He's appears totally out of it. I'm worried!
That's very concerning. After Newcastle scored, he showed some urgency in the first half but very flat disappeared in the second half apart from pen appeal.

I honestly feel that there has been very little to cheer about and some of the performances have been so turd that it’s killing the atmosphere. Last season Palace, Waste Ham & Everton were awful games. Ajax was flat and this year, Villa & yesterday were pathetic. That’s on average going to be about £300 paid to watch absolute dog shit. I don’t feel like a sing song.

Finally got it over with and watched the lowlights - shocking 'attacking' display but my god the defending (if you can call it that) for their goal was atrocious. Sanchez ball watching and out of position, and worse Rose on the suppposed cover only reacts and sees danger when it's in the net. Schoolboys' own stuff indeed.

Finally got it over with and watched the lowlights - shocking 'attacking' display but my god the defending (if you can call it that) for their goal was atrocious. Sanchez ball watching and out of position, and worse Rose on the suppposed cover only reacts and sees danger when it's in the net. Schoolboys' own stuff indeed.
The entire backline was a calamity on that goal. KWP far up the field, Toby has drifted out of position to the right and Sanchez has thus moved centrally to compensate, which leaves Joelinton dead open since Rose is nowhere near to cover back.

Which raises two questions. Which one of our defenders lead the line when Jan is out? And why doens't our goalkeeper and captain yell instructions to them if there isn't a defender leading the line?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom