Tottenham v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so is this place gonna be a proper spurs forum too? Well, well, well. I thought it was just gonna be swearing and stuff. Ok, here goes:

Harry should keep the same team but do his best to drop Niko who is relatively crap against decent opposition. Play Bale on the LEFT and not the right and even though it's not his position I'd put Livermore on the right as he's more than capable of "doing a job" against Downing and Enrique. I wouldn't start vdV and if he gets the hump I'd shag his Mrs behind his back to teach him a lesson.

At the end of the day we're just filling time until we can play 4231 and I can run around Tottenham with my willy hanging out.

As for the result, given the fact one of the following WILL happen:

1. Redknapp will change a winning team
2. Niko will play and look out of place and be given the run around my Charlie Adam
3. Bale will play on the right and do nothing all game, costing me potential fantasy points
4. After spending time with Mike Riley in the week Liverpool will coincidentally be given plenty of "help" from the referee

I'm not expecting much but *touching wood* we don't lose back to back home games very often.

In summary, I don't have a fucking clue. :problem:

From Sky

However, Rafael van der Vaart (hamstring), Aaron Lennon (groin) and William Gallas (calf) could all come back into contention after making good progress on their fitness.

Steven Pienaar (groin) and Tom Huddlestone (ankle) face late fitness tests but Redknapp is likely to stick with the side that won at Wolves.

Gallas & King? Probably won't happen though.

I don't think Gerrard is fit.

Seemingly Van Der Vaart has an unrelenting quest to play through his whole Tottenham career at 70% fitness. Though he did have a stormer at Anfield last year...in other thoughts can anyone tell me how Kyle Walker is a right back? He looked poor pre season, very lapse defensively in the Premier league and had a shocker last night made Hutton look like Lahm. :shifty: :shifty:

I have Friedal in goal, need a calm head there so he doesn't go diving at the feet of Suarez when he's in or around the box or go flapping at crosses

For defence when need quick players to deal with Suarez and Downing and so we can deal with Adams' through balls and players composed enough to remain patient and not force situations.
This means for me it at RB i would go for Walker, although Corluka is more steady Walker's pace edges it for me. As CB are limited we'll just have to go with Kaboul and Bassong only advatage is they are tall and quick but a liability for diving in IMO. LB has to Benny as he's a LEG-END.

Midfield - Parker, Modric, Bale and unfortunately Krancjar, not sure how he'll cope having to help out with the defending side but as he'll more than likely tuck in and allow Walker to overlap.
One thing we could do due to the lack of proper right sided players is to play Walker at RM and Corluka at RB offers us more defensive cover on the right against Enrique.

Up front Ade and Defoe, they should really test Carragher and Agger or who ever is at CB.

We will score i have no doubt about it but i can see us conceding too, but we should score more than we concede i feel. :thumbup:

COYS

I can see Harry playing VDV in the RM position with walker behind. This might work in an attacking sense but I think it will leave us really open at the back. I also think King may play, I'm hoping at least.

So Friedal, Walker, King, Kaboul, BAE, Bale, Modric, Parker, VDV, Ade, JD

PLEASE don't stick Bale on the fucking right again.

Not my choice but I see Harry's lineup like this:

Friedel
Walker Kaboul King BAE
vdV Parker Modric Bale
Defoe Ade

Good players but we're going to get hurt on our right. Rafa will cut in and roam like always and Parker will allow it and fall back. Walker is a great athlete but I much prefer the Corluka / Lennon combination even if Azza is not fully fit.
I expect that once Rafa begins to slow or pulls up lame (prior to the 65th minute), Harry will inexplicably move Bale to the right and put Kranjcar on the left.

Weekend just got infinitely better.

Had plans to go to the other halves parents tomorrow however it's been cancelled due to some other shit of theirs coming up. Didn't hold much hope but thought I'd have a quick check on ticket exchange. Lo and behold a ticket was going in East Lower. Snapped it up sharpish and will be making my first trip to the Lane this season.

All this and the scum lost. Buzzing :excited:

COYS!!!

drwinston001 said:
As for the result, given the fact one of the following WILL happen:

1. Redknapp will change a winning team - INCORRECT
2. Niko will play and look out of place and be given the run around my Charlie Adam -INCORRECT
3. Bale will play on the right and do nothing all game, costing me potential fantasy points- INCORRECT
4. After spending time with Mike Riley in the week Liverpool will coincidentally be given plenty of "help" from the referee-INCORRECT

I'm not expecting much but *touching wood* we don't lose back to back home games very often.

In summary, I don't have a fucking clue. - CORRECT

Your not to post anymore

Back
Top Bottom