TOttenham v Dortmund

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it’s a ruse.
I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

watched them draw 1-1 away at Frankfurt last week and they were looking very average tbh. This is my penultimate visit to wembley this season and I reckon we will get a slim lead to bring over there.

They aren't the best defensively but absolutely devastating in the attack.

Will be interesting to see if Reus makes it or not - would be a huge bonus to us if he can't make the first leg due to injury. I imagine this is their likely their line-up:

Burki
Piszczek - Weigl - Diallo - Hakimi
Witsel - Delaney
Sancho - Gotze - Guerrero
Alcacer
I think they'll start with Alcacer up top - they tend to keep him on the bench and bring him on where he's proven to be most deadly but I feel they'll want a focal point against us with two wide men either side of Gotze.

Won't be an easy game either way - that's a very good central midfield pairing right there and we'll need to be at the top of our game without Kane and Dele to match this lot.

I'd go with:

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Winks - Eriksen
Lucas - Llorente - Son
And just go right at them with power and pace. Need Eriksen to be on top of his game for this one too.

They aren't the best defensively but absolutely devastating in the attack.

Will be interesting to see if Reus makes it or not - would be a huge bonus to us if he can't make the first leg due to injury. I imagine this is their likely their line-up:

Burki
Piszczek - Weigl - Diallo - Hakimi
Witsel - Delaney
Sancho - Gotze - Guerrero
Alcacer
I think they'll start with Alcacer up top - they tend to keep him on the bench and bring him on where he's proven to be most deadly but I feel they'll want a focal point against us with two wide men either side of Gotze.

Won't be an easy game either way - that's a very good central midfield pairing right there and we'll need to be at the top of our game without Kane and Dele to match this lot.

I'd go with:

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Winks - Eriksen
Lucas - Llorente - Son
And just go right at them with power and pace. Need Eriksen to be on top of his game for this one too.
Anyone but aurier for me at rb , been very meh for me.

Nice of the PL to do us a favour and have us playing a day after Dortmund....

You could thank the new stadium.

The only reason it's on a Sunday was because it was moved to television as it was a potential date we moved into our new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom