Tottenham v Burnley(Wembley). 15th 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s bang out of order Tracy, you just don’t demonstrate that kind of behaviour around kids end of story. Hope your boys are ok? Give them a high 5 from me and tell them that unfortunately there are arseholes [or a word of your choice] like him in society.
Don’t worry not too many more games at Wembley and we can all get back to normality.

Got a call from the club this morning and they are looking into it. The boys are fine but it definitely put us on edge and we definitely don't want to run in to him or anyone like him again!

Thought both Sissoko and Lamela had good games.

Also thought Sissoko overhit his pass to Lamela and Lamela’s control was poor. Both at fault.

Are you being rude Mick?
you gave up the right to be treated like an adult
so you are obviously trolling for a reaction, so just like I would have done if you were stood in front of me - I am telling you that you are behaving like an immature prick.

Which saddens me, because I thought you were OK - but your childish insistence on defending every aspect of Sissoko's game has become a massive bore.

what he did once in the last 100+ games is less important to my thinking than what he does regularly and he blatantly cannot shoot for shit. Every player scores the odd worldy in their career.

Understand your point about lamela being surprised though, although having seen the chance few times now i really think the pass was ok and lamela should have have buried it.

I think everyone's personal opinions of sissoko makes every footstep he takes over scrutinized - what's interesting to me is that the people i watched the game with are all neutrals and not one made any mention of sissoko's pass - they just thought lamela fucked it up.
cool
its all about opinions, some of us handle the fact that not everyone agrees with them like adults and some don't.

I think he was caught out, probably because he would have tried a rabona.

:)

For the record stevee stevee I didn't once blame Sissoko for the Barca goal.

As far as the Lamela chance, it was just typical of Sissoko, it wasn't the most heinous crime, but we see it time and time again through everything he does. A lack of touch/finesse. A poor technique. Yes, you could say it's not picking, yes Lamela could have done better, but the trouble is poor technique is just endemic to Sissoko's game, and he wasn't the only one I criticised for being careless Saturday - he was just the only one I criticised that has this cultish fan club who leap to defend and hype his every fucking breath.

He did the same thing against Leicester away, wasted two glorious chances to play a simple through ball.

But even now he's putting in competent performances, he still does really poor stuff, like not control the ball properly, like not pass into people's strides, whack the ball at people, he panics under pressure. And he doesn't close down half as well as people keep saying. I've given people examples, and it's why I do it in the match thread, because it irritates me when any player doesn't do it, but when people are actually praising a player for doing it and he's isn't doing it, it's fucking idiotic.

I don't really care if this makes me unpopular with his fan club, I don't really give a shit that he's finally managed to crack "competent" or a level of effort- I'd be disappointed if one of our 18yo academy players couldn't crack competent/effort - Sissoko is still woefully short of the required basic level of footballing skill and intellect to play for a club at our level. And don't give a shit that he goes on one marauding run a game or if he has a couple of assist either. KWP got two in one game last season. Lesniak got one in his only ever start for us. He is still nowhere near good enough for this level of football.

It says everything 18yo Skipp comes in and looks more comfortable and composed under pressure in his first taste of proper football than a 30yo we paid 30m for.

I just pray that him finally managing to string together a handful of performances of a competent level gets some Chinese oligarch, who doesn't understand football, to part with enough money to meet Levy's deal recuperation threshold.

Last edited:
you gave up the right to be treated like an adult
so you are obviously trolling for a reaction, so just like I would have done if you were stood in front of me - I am telling you that you are behaving like an immature prick.

Which saddens me, because I thought you were OK - but your childish insistence on defending every aspect of Sissoko's game has become a massive bore.

Only to you Mick

As far as I can recall this little spat started when you decided to stick your nose in and have a go when I was having an exchange with another poster
“Oh come on” etc etc

But this a Forum so that’s fine and I can take it but that doesn’t stop me from having a go back but you can’t take it can you?
There’s the difference pal

So if anyone is an immature little prick it’s you and there’s little chance of us ever meeting as I would be amazed to discover that we move in remotely the same social circles
But you never know as I do carry out lots of charity work

And I’ve never defended EVERY aspect of Sissoko’s game as you’ve accused me of doing

I’ve often remarked on his poor control but, unlike you, I see the bigger picture
So does Poch, clearly
First name on the team sheet now probably which I’m sure pisses you off big time

Now go for a lie down

oh come on
you are so uber defensive of the guy

he's playing much better, but he is not flawless, neither is he beyond comment or criticism

This is the one I was on about

:pocheyes:

So if you post anything similar in future (which you’re quite entitled to do) I will argue back if I think you’re wrong so don’t throw your toys out of the pram if I do

As far as the Lamela chance, it was just typical of Sissoko, it wasn't the most heinous crime, but we see it time and time again through everything he does. A lack of touch/finesse. A poor technique. Yes, you could say it's not picking, yes Lamela could have done better, but the trouble is poor technique is just endemic to Sissoko's game, and he wasn't the only one I criticised for being careless Saturday - he was just the only one I criticised that has this cultish fan club who leap to defend and hype his every fucking breath.

He did the same thing against Leicester away, wasted two glorious chances to play a simple through ball.

But even now he's putting in competent performances, he still does really poor stuff, like not control the ball properly, like not pass into people's strides, whack the ball at people, he panics under pressure. And he doesn't close down half as well as people keep saying. I've given people examples, and it's why I do it in the match thread, because it irritates me when any player doesn't do it, but when people are actually praising a player for doing it and he's isn't doing it, it's fucking idiotic.

I don't really care if this makes me unpopular with his fan club, I don't really give a shit that he's finally managed to crack "competent" or a level of effort- I'd be disappointed if one of our 18yo academy players couldn't crack competent/effort - Sissoko is still woefully short of the required basic level of footballing skill and intellect to play for a club at our level. And don't give a shit that he goes on one marauding run a game or if he has a couple of assist either. KWP got two in one game last season. Lesniak got one in his only ever start for us. He is still nowhere near good enough for this level of football.

It says everything 18yo Skipp comes in and looks more comfortable and composed under pressure in his first taste of proper football than a 30yo we paid 30m for.

I just pray that him finally managing to string together a handful of performances of a competent level gets some Chinese oligarch, who doesn't understand football, to part with enough money to meet Levy's deal recuperation threshold.

You take about half a page to make a point but surely you’re not comparing Skipp’s role on Saturday to Sissoko ‘s?
Firstly I thought Skipp had a steady game but to me he was playing a holding role in front of our defence totally different to Sissoko who was more advanced
They both played well and I’m happy with the result

I’ve never said Sissoko was perfect but he’s good for us at the moment and surely you can see that and hope, like me, that his form continues as we’re both Spurs after all

Only to you Mick

As far as I can recall this little spat started when you decided to stick your nose in and have a go when I was having an exchange with another poster
“Oh come on” etc etc

But this a Forum so that’s fine and I can take it but that doesn’t stop me from having a go back but you can’t take it can you?

So if anyone is an immature little prick it’s you and there’s little chance of us ever meeting as I would be amazed to discover that we move in remotely the same social circles

And I’ve never defended EVERY aspect of Sissoko’s game as you’ve accused me of doing

I’ve often remarked on his poor control but, unlike you, I see the bigger picture
So does Poch, clearly
First name on the team sheet now probably which I’m sure pisses you off big time

Now go for a lie down
what is it I can't take Baz?
You telling me to lie down?

Or you behaving like a ten year old with your silly attempts at put downs?

I come on here to talk about football, and Spurs

I'm bored and tired with you.

Only to you Mick

“Oh come on” etc etc

So does Poch, clearly

Now go for a lie down
social circles?
really?

You take about half a page to make a point but surely you’re not comparing Skipp’s role on Saturday to Sissoko ‘s?
Firstly I thought Skipp had a steady game but to me he was playing a holding role in front of our defence totally different to Sissoko who was more advanced
They both played well and I’m happy with the result

I’ve never said Sissoko was perfect but he’s good for us at the moment and surely you can see that and hope, like me, that his form continues as we’re both Spurs after all

I didn’t compare Sissoko and Skipp’s roles, I compared their respective levels of technical competence.

I expect any player at this level to have a certain level of technical competence, and if anything I would expect the more offensive Player to be more technically adroit than a defensive one. But even if Sissoko was a CB I'd want him to have better basic technique than he has, and you certainly wouldn't expect a 30yo pro to look less comfortable on the ball than 18 debutant would you?

I don't even think he's great without the ball, many recent games Ive highlighted how bad he does it times. Some days he does OK, but there's no great talent in doing what he's doing for us right now, he's got no great game brain either. After two years he's just reached a level of competence that makes him just about bearable when other options aren't available.

And the over hyping of everything he does is really grating. Even on this page it's "he was our most consistent player Saturday". It's ridiculous, this need to exaggerate the most mundane. What does that even mean, most consistent? He did nothing more consistently than anyone else Saturday. He certainly did nothing exceptional.

We could have any number of our academy players out there doing the rudimentary job he's doing, with a similar or superior level of basic effort and competence. Skipp proved that. Sissoko does nothing special. Luckily for him, our manager insisted we buy him for the second highest fee we've ever paid for anyone, and is probably the 4th or 5th highest paid player at the club, because I can't imagine for a minute, if he was academy player, he would have been given two years of incompetent tripping over the ball to reach a level of basic competence. He'd have been shipped out to League 1 along time ago. He's a massive waste of resources for a club with a small budget, and a waste of pitch time we could be giving to a kid.

We are both Spurs, but your wanting the best for Spurs seems to include Sissoko, mine definitely does not. We disagree massively on this, that's football I guess.

Theres no Sissoko cult fan club here. He is widely appreciated within and outside of hte club. Theres a reason why he was the one chosen for player of the month from all our players for the month of november. Some 18 year old is not going to match that if even the rest of the squad cant match that.

If anything theres a small cult of narrow minded individuals who judge him still based on the previous couple of seasons rather than what he is doing right now.

I didn’t compare Sissoko and Skipp’s roles, I compared their respective levels of technical competence.

I expect any player at this level to have a certain level of technical competence, and if anything I would expect the more offensive Player to be more technically adroit than a defensive one. But even if Sissoko was a CB I'd want him to have better basic technique than he has, and you certainly wouldn't expect a 30yo pro to look less comfortable on the ball than 18 debutant would you?

I don't even think he's great without the ball, many recent games Ive highlighted how bad he does it times. Some days he does OK, but there's no great talent in doing what he's doing for us right now, he's got no great game brain either. After two years he's just reached a level of competence that makes him just about bearable when other options aren't available.

And the over hyping of everything he does is really grating. Even on this page it's "he was our most consistent player Saturday". It's ridiculous, this need to exaggerate the most mundane. What does that even mean, most consistent? He did nothing more consistently than anyone else Saturday. He certainly did nothing exceptional.

We could have any number of our academy players out there doing the rudimentary job he's doing, with a similar or superior level of basic effort and competence. Skipp proved that. Sissoko does nothing special. Luckily for him, our manager insisted we buy him for the second highest fee we've ever paid for anyone, and is probably the 4th or 5th highest paid player at the club, because I can't imagine for a minute, if he was academy player, he would have been given two years of incompetent tripping over the ball to reach a level of basic competence. He'd have been shipped out to League 1 along time ago. He's a massive waste of resources for a club with a small budget, and a waste of pitch time we could be giving to a kid.

We are both Spurs, but your wanting the best for Spurs seems to include Sissoko, mine definitely does not. We disagree massively on this, that's football I guess.

We do so not much point in pursuing this

I now think he’s an integral part of our team

You don’t

Fair enough but I think you’re completely wrong to the extent that I would question your understanding of the game because apart from that twat Cooper you’re in a distinct minority

Whether he plays on Wednesday or not let’s stuff the Scum as that 4-2 loss still hurts

Theres no Sissoko cult fan club here. He is widely appreciated within and outside of hte club. Theres a reason why he was the one chosen for player of the month from all our players for the month of november. Some 18 year old is not going to match that if even the rest of the squad cant match that.

If anything theres a small cult of narrow minded individuals who judge him still based on the previous couple of seasons rather than what he is doing right now.

Well said Sir

I tip my hat!

what is it I can't take Baz?
You telling me to lie down?

Or you behaving like a ten year old with your silly attempts at put downs?

I come on here to talk about football, and Spurs

I'm bored and tired with you.

No you can’t take someone offering an opposing view to yours without spitting your dummy out

I bet you’re tired
Lol

Back
Top Bottom