Tottenham v Burnley(Wembley). 15th 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wembley games are as good as you make it. The loyal ones are having a good time there. It’s in London. You can have a good pre match and post match. It’s an amazing Tottenham team. People just being miserable and tight. “I want a ticket for Barca... or the test event... but fuck Wembley and watching the best Tottenham team in a generation...”. K’off. It’s not like it’s in the Isle of Wight or somewhere else dead and inconvenient...

Thanks for the advice!! If only I had a simple life where it just revolves around me........

Maybe it suits your lifestyle but it’s a total ballache for me.
A 45min drive to WHL is now a drive to a train station to park, costs £8 - or a few quid for a bus journey to the station which is slightly cheaper - tried it a couple of times but adds on up to an hour :( - or a taxi. £10 each way.
Then a train to Wembley. £30 odd for me and the boy. On the way there minimum 1 hour with good connections. Taken 2+ hours at worst.

Way back a total fuck. Often queuing up to 1hr after just to get on a train. Then back to home. Taxi, bus or car. Etc etc etc

With a knackered teenager who on a week night is sometimes back at around 1am with school the next day and me getting grief from the other half.

Weekends I can write off pretty much a whole day while trying to balance work, other commitments, parents with serious health issues and the usual life stuff.

But yeah I’m miserable and tight.

Fuck off mate.

Quick edit. Btw I’m miserable as fuck right now but hey ho.

My son will be in the program as he’s a mascot.

Put him on the list years ago, only problem is he’s 14 now and gonna be taller than the players. I will piss myself if he comes out holding Danny or Kieron’s hand

He will love it, no matter how tough they think they are at 14! My boy and his mates are the same age and doing the Chirpy Parade tomorrow, sure they will be the biggest kids on the pitch. Bailey was a bit moany about it but the truth is he will love it once there. They haven’t done it at Wembley either yet so it’s another new experience.

I’m still so buzzing from travelling to Barcelona on Tuesday (blatant) I hope there’s a bit of atmosphere at this game! A good 3/4-0 thumping would be great with H getting a few to overtake salad and Aubameyang

We lose to Burnley or draw we have the rest of the season to gain more points . We lose to Woolwich (again), that's another opportunity to win a trophy gone . And don't know about you, but I would like to see us win something . The trophies haven't exactly been coming thick and fast have they ?

We ain't gonna win the cl or the pl, so that leaves 2 trophies . That's the league cup and the fa cup. And you just want to throw the opportunity to win one away ?

It's a tricky call for the gaffer over the next 4-5 days. Burnley should be our bread and butter, espwcially with the teams in 4th & 5th so close but at the Quarter final stages I want to see us go for it.

Personally I'd go for the following against Burnley &a that lot in the Qrts:

Burnley:

Lloris
Walker-Peters
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Davies
Dier
Winks
Lamela
Dele
Lucas
Kane

Woolwich:

Lloris
Aurier or Trippier, (whichever one is fit)
Foyth
Alderweireld
Rose
Dier
Sissoko
Eriksen
Dele
Son
Kane

I think we should have enough to get past Burnley without over exerting Eriksen, Sonny etc and if that isn't the case bring them on win half hour left like we did against Inter at home. Getting to a semi final where you have a 33% chance of pulling one of either Middlesbrough or Burton over two legs is too appealing to throw this one out the shop window. I'd take a scrappy win over Burnley if it means we can shake things up at the Emirates.

2-0 & 3-1 wins for me

It has been a great response s8nce the Woolwich defeat but tomorrow is another game and focus is needed for the next 2 big matches.

Win this in whatever fashion and then let's prepare for Wednesday.

Undoubtedly Woolwich will face a very fired up Southampton.

Four days until the Woolwich game after this one - we will hardly be going weak against them. We won't play full strength and neither will they. Just like I wouldn't expect us to play full strength tomorrow. It's a squad game and our squad is more than good enough to get through tomorrow and Wednesday.

Kane and Dele will be the only ones who are guaranteed to start both in my honest opinion. I think Gazzaniga will come in for Lloris on Wednesday and there's nothing wrong with that. One of Trippier/Aurier will be back and start over whoever starts tomorrow (Hopefully KWP). One of Alderweireld/Vertonghen may start both games but I think Foyth will probably come in. (Though if not fully fit, would be more than happy with Toby/Vert). Dier will probably start tomorrow and miss out in the week with Sissoko getting the nod ahead of him. Lamela will come in for Eriksen and Lucas/Son will start over who ever plays out of them two tomorrow.

I could see something like this for Wednesday:

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Alderweireld - Foyth - Rose
Sissoko - Winks - Dele
Lucas - Kane - Lamela
Which should be more than enough against a rotated Woolwich side which'll likely to see Koscielny, Martinez, Lichsteiner, Guendouzi, Mkhitaryan etc.

6 of those started against Barcelona, 2 of which came off the bench (with 1 scoring the equalising goal). It's hardly weak.

Last edited:
It has been a great response s8nce the Woolwich defeat but tomorrow is another game and focus is needed for the next 2 big matches.

Win this in whatever fashion and then let's prepare for Wednesday.

Undoubtedly Woolwich will face a very fired up Southampton.
They will beat Southampton imo. I’d love to end their unbeaten run & dump them out of a cup at the Death Star in one go. It’s very, very important...more important than the actual cup itself.

Personally after years of it I am now very bored of the exact same conversation about whether it's more important to prioritise a league cup over getting into the Champions League and so I'm not getting drawn into that again. However I am absolutely desperate for us to beat Woolwich on Wednesday and am anticipating being a bit underwhelmed by our team selection as I don't think the club is going to treat it as the grudge match that the fans are going to view it as.

They will beat Southampton imo. I’d love to end their unbeaten run & dump them out of a cup at the Death Star in one go. It’s very, very important...more important than the actual cup itself.

We shall see but if Southampton do not raise their game against that sh!t I will be staggered.

They are no way as good as their unbeaten run but whilst they avoid defeat they won't believe it will happen.

Personally after years of it I am now very bored of the exact same conversation about whether it's more important to prioritise a league cup over getting into the Champions League and so I'm not getting drawn into that again. However I am absolutely desperate for us to beat Woolwich on Wednesday and am anticipating being a bit underwhelmed by our team selection as I don't think the club is going to treat it as the grudge match that the fans are going to view it as.

You only have to see what line-up Pochettino put out the last time we met Woolwich in the League Cup to see his thoughts on the competition.

Vorm
Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - Rose
Dier - Carroll
Townsend - Eriksen - Chadli
Kane
Though I think he will 100% go stronger than that - he's learned alot since then. I remember the hate he got and "Poch Out" really was going strong at that stage. We then went on to smash Man City 4-1 at White Hart Lane a few days later though and we then had that amazing 15/16 season. The rest is history.

Forget about Wednesday.

Play our strongest team and get three points against Burnley please.

Trying to plan for the game after next is crazy. We don't know who could be injured tomorrow - one game at a time.

Tomorrow will be BUZZING...

old school atmosphere for an old school fixture...
FORGET it's at Wembley... we've had great times there before..
just pretend it's the 1961 Cup Final against Burnley... that should get the juices flowing...

I'm gonna bring my 1960s football rattle... try and fucking stop me!

KWP——-TA———JV———Davies

Eriksen—-Winks——-Alli

Lamela——Kane——Son

Against Arse in the cup

RB———Foyth——-TA——Rose

Skipp——Dier——TOB

Sissoko—-Son——Moura​

Tomorrow will be BUZZING...

old school atmosphere for an old school fixture...
FORGET it's at Wembley... we've had great times there before..
just pretend it's the 1961 Cup Final against Burnley... that should get the juices flowing...

I'm gonna bring my 1960s football rattle... try and fucking stop me!
'When you know your history,' you will know the 1961 cup final was against Leicester. Remember watching it on our little TV. You must be younger than me.

Back
Top Bottom