Tottenham v Burnley(Wembley). 15th 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope we are able to focus on this game so soon after such a historic result in the CL. Got to approach it professionally, there are no easy games, and earn the three points.
Exactly, no easy games in the PL. Remember last year 1-0 Dele scored and we were all over them but 5 mins to go they equalised.

I don't think we should be prioritising any competition over the others the moment. Of course we all want a trophy, but getting as higher league position as possible should also be important.

Winning a trophy and finishing top 4 would be an incredible season, but the next match is always the most important one.

I hear ya......but we can’t lose on Wednesday.

It’s just not an option.

Spurs of a certain age are still apprehensive ahead of each & every game, even Burnley at home.

I'm one of them.
Here, here.
We are more than capable of a brain fart. The Woolwich game reaffirmed what we always knew. Don’t take any of them lightly. And fuck resting/rotating anyone for the league cup game. I really want us to smash them up at their place. Knocking them out of a cup, any cup, will go some way to put right that shit show from a couple of weeks ago. Rest/rotate after that please.

I see the logic in some calling for Kane to be rested, but he had a welcome rest last weekend. Poch will be training them light over xmas and Burnley will be stubborn, so I think I'd prefer to try rest him after the NLD instead. Bournemouth (H) on boxing day maybe? (Despite their qualities, they're not the best at the back and I think we could still succeed going false 9, whereas Kane as point-man could be a valuable weapon against Dyche's lot).

This is exactly why I consider it to be the perfect game for Lorente to come in. If they decide to sit deep and we want to knock some crosses in to the box then Lorente is perfect for that in my mind.

This is exactly why I consider it to be the perfect game for Lorente to come in. If they decide to sit deep and we want to knock some crosses in to the box then Lorente is perfect for that in my mind.

I get where you're coming from, but we"ve proven over and over we won't play such crosses (ironically, not whilst hes on the pitch anyway) and thus he poses zero goal threat.

Happy to give him cameos for tactical reasons, but not as a starter when valuable EPL points are up for grabs.

vs Burnley
Lloris
KWP- Toby - Foyth - Davies
Dier- Sissoko
Lucas - Lamela - Son
Kane

vs Woolwich
Gazza
Serge/Tripps (if fit) - Toby - Jan - Rose
Winks - Sissoko
Eriksen - Alli - Son
Kane

So with three of our next four games consisting of Burnley, Bournemouth & Wolves at home our season currently stands at:

24 games played in all competitions

10 away games played, 6 at home, 4+ Home games to come to even things out

Our record points to start a Premier League season, 6 points off the leaders

10 points & a +12 goal difference off of Manchester United, the team who currently sit bottom of the top 6 thus not qualifying for any European competition next season

Quarter finals of the League Cup

Through to the knockout stages of the Champions League inna group consisting of Barcelona & Inter Milan

All in all I'd say it's been a great start to our season. Wins against Burnley & in the cup vs that lot next week would be huge. I think we'll do it, especially as we seem to be hitting a little bit of form performance wise

So we lose/drop points to Burnley and potentially end up 5th? We're still in a title race, it's important we keep winning.
We lose to Burnley or draw we have the rest of the season to gain more points . We lose to Woolwich (again), that's another opportunity to win a trophy gone . And don't know about you, but I would like to see us win something . The trophies haven't exactly been coming thick and fast have they ?

We ain't gonna win the cl or the pl, so that leaves 2 trophies . That's the league cup and the fa cup. And you just want to throw the opportunity to win one away ?

We lose to Burnley or draw we have the rest of the season to gain more points . We lose to Woolwich (again), that's another opportunity to win a trophy gone . And don't know about you, but I would like to see us win something . The trophies haven't exactly been coming thick and fast have they ?

We ain't gonna win the cl or the pl, so that leaves 2 trophies . That's the league cup and the fa cup. And you just want to throw the opportunity to win one away ?
Never said throw it away. There's no reason why we can't rotate certain players against Burnley and Woolwich, No doubt Woolwich will do the same too. I didn't agree with the fact you said to play all the reserves that's all. We can rest the players that need it most. Lamela and Lucas came on late against Barca, they will be fine for Burnley for example.

*EDIT. my error you said "play the weakest team we can". Which is pointless, we should play the most competitive team available

Back
Top Bottom