Tottenham v Bournemouth. Boxing Day 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-----------------------Lloris--------------------
---KWP---Foyth---Sanchez---Rose---
-------------Winks-----Skipp--------------
-----Son---------Lamela--------Lucas--
-----------------------Kane--------------------

Subs: Gazza, Toby, Trippier, Davies, Sissoko, Eriksen, Llorente.

Alli, i think wont be able to conclude in this. I hope I am wrong. Davies, Toby, Sissoko and Trippier needs a rest. Eriksen and Llorente to bring some magic from the bench.

Other question. How many home games have we played in Wembley in all competitons? What do you think? I count 40.

We've finally started performing at the level we were clearly capable of but just haven't been displaying (although fortunately we've still been picking up points anyway). In the mood for another emphatic win, Clive.

This won't be anywhere near as easy as today - they'll actually have a defensive midfielder for a start.

But we REALLY should be looking to win all of our home games in this period. Bournemouth and Wolves are two sides who like to play football which you'd think would suit us. Our defence is a bit of a worry though to be honest, especially as we don't have anyone guarding them.

Dele and Sissoko going off injured doesn't help - Poch has confirmed Dele came off as precautionary but I'd still rest him for this one. Don't think Sissoko's injury is too much though but I'd still probably rest him for this one.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Davies
Winks - Skipp - Eriksen
Lamela - Kane - Son
Looks about right. Trippier has played a lot of football recently, so get KWP in - time to get a centre back pairing going again, can't be chopping and changing at the back so Sanchez keeps his place. Davies starts again just because I feel Rose will be needed more for Wolves due to the width they play at.

Very limited in central midfield due to Dele and Sissoko being out so Skipp gets his second league start. Free Winks up a bit so he doesn't have to be a defensive midfielder and Lamela comes in for Dele. Can't be dropping Son when he's on this form.

3-1

Glad they won yesterday so hopefully they come in with some confidence, otherwise they could have started clenching already Burnley style.
Or maybe they clench so hard and so long they tire their own asses out by then and we ride them like a second hand sleigh.

We need a better GD if we wanna fight for the title. Would take 4-1, 2-0. Anyhow must take 3 points and see how Liverpool and City plays on the same time.

Good a feeling that Rafa will sprung a surprise at Anfield.

Aurier still injured presumably?

---------------Lloris
KWP Toby Sanchez Rose
----Moose 2 Winks
Lamela Eriksen Son
-------Kane

Hopefully Dele is okay, Lamela in for him if he isn't quite up for it.
Rose in for Davies, think we'll need him at his best. KWP for trips as rotation, can't afford to lose both senior RBs again.

I love that our supposedly knackered squad is getting fitter and sharper by the week.

The injuries have given players rest time, and the back up has been fucking immense.
We’re talking 3rd and 4th choice at times.
Immense squad depth.

And to think we’ve still got Dembele and Wanyama on the long term list, and the likes of Dier to come back even sooner.

I don’t care who he plays this match to be honest. Love every single one of them

- Lloris -
- KWP - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Rose -
- Sissoko - Winks -
- Son - Eriksen - Dele* -
- Kane -​

* If Dele is injured then Lamela or Lucas.

It feels like ages since I've seen a live game. Deserting BF and friends for the day, feeling a little guilty but not enough to miss the game ;)
So looking forward to it! I hope we can continue the high level of recent performances going.

I love that our supposedly knackered squad is getting fitter and sharper by the week.

The injuries have given players rest time, and the back up has been fucking immense.
We’re talking 3rd and 4th choice at times.
Immense squad depth.

And to think we’ve still got Dembele and Wanyama on the long term list, and the likes of Dier to come back even sooner.

I don’t care who he plays this match to be honest. Love every single one of them
Think Wanyama is done at this club honestly.
Not nice to admit but that's how things go sometimes.

Lloris
Walker-Peters - Foyth - Sanchez - Rose
Skipp - Winks
Lucas - Eriksen - Son
Kane
Could see Lamela starting with Eriksen playing deeper. Think it's a good opponent to play a very attacking line up since they will try and play as well.

We need a better GD if we wanna fight for the title. Would take 4-1, 2-0. Anyhow must take 3 points and see how Liverpool and City plays on the same time.

Good a feeling that Rafa will sprung a surprise at Anfield.

Need to make up a six point deficit first, although the timing of Liverpool v City couldn’t be more ideal. Hopefully another draw there.

Back
Top Bottom