Tottenham v Barnsley in the whatever it's called cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's because they only have one good out and out central midfielder!!
Nah, I'd say because Aguero is too good to sit on the bench and too good to allow to be sold.
in any case Fernandinho, Gundogan and De Bruyne are 3 quality players for CM, even if KDB presently is further afield. Again, we have 2 quality CM's and a developing Winks.

Anybody who was at the game that can give a few words on the performances of Kwp and Foyth?
I thought they were two of our better players.

KWP played left back and does seem to be two footed. He was tidy and had a solid game, defended well and kept things relatively simple going forward. Does seem quite small but not weak.

Foyth looked good, nearly scored from a header early on, looked very comfortable on the ball, able to carry the ball forward and pick out a pass, confident, physically strong, did have some troubles defensively at times against a very decent Barnsley striker, but some definite potential there.

What they going to come up with when we do win a league game at there?Tottenham's hoodo!!! Spurs have never won a game at Wembley whilst Haileys Comet is flying past!
It'll be two straight wins, then 3, then 4, then 5 and so on until we have the "Tottenham have never gone an entire season undefeated at Wembley" hoodoo

To be honest, the MK reasoning people are using is only valid if you would have stopped following this club had we moved to Stratford...we´d probably be called London Hotspur by now.

So if MK is a reason on moral grounds, ask yourself honestly if you would have taken the next step at the OS had we won the bid.

I wouldnt have. Spurs would have ceased to exist for me, and I have no judgement on any fans who went along.

Might be double standards on my part but I dont give a toss for Wimbledon to be honest....maybe if they got more than 25 fans a week they wouldnt have gone to shit
A phoenix club (FC Hotspur) would have been the way to go if Stratford had happened. North London, never East, South or West.

What did others think of Llorente on Wednesday? I must admit I was a tad disappointed. Was expecting him to be stronger and hold up the ball better but not going to judge him on one performance alone.

What did others think of Llorente on Wednesday? I must admit I was a tad disappointed. Was expecting him to be stronger and hold up the ball better but not going to judge him on one performance alone.
Held the ball up well as expected but seemed rusty. Considering he's had no preseason it is unsurprising. He'll do fine. Wasn't helped that Dele wasn't great behind him and Sonny is a greedy git sometimes. With Eriksen I'd imagine he'd thrive. But then most would with Eriksen. One of those players that makes everyone else better.

About the only thing that shows up on the highlights is that he missed a free header from 6 yards.

Let's face it he was shit. Janssen would have played better.

That said, I like the bloke. I like that he's a very experienced player that has multiple titles and winners medals, that can only help this inexperienced and young team. I like the fact we have someone in attack that if we need to we can lump balls into the box for him to head goanward or knock down.

From what I'm aware of he didn't have a pre-season, or very limited one, as he broke his arm which might explain he was 5yrds behind. My initial concern is that we don't play to his strengths and we try to get him to do what Kane does, that would be a fucking waste of time, just like his appearance the other day.

Back
Top Bottom