Tottenham talks with potential Dutch feeder club Roda JC fall through

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower

Supporter
Tottenham talks with potential Dutch feeder club Roda JC fall through
21 Oct 2013 10:09
Spurs are expected to continue in their search for a club that will allow them to farm youngsters out on loan to the continent

Daniel%20Levy%20-1283414

Eurozone: Daniel Levy was hoping to link Spurs up with a top-flight club in Europe
Getty
Tottenham's efforts to secure a 'nursery' club in one of Europe's top divisions have hit a snag after advanced discussions with Eredivisie outfit Roda JC collapsed.

Chairman Daniel Levy and Sporting Director Franco Baldini are looking to tie up an overseas partnership that would enable them to loan out youngsters for first-team action, and the Kerkrade club were favourites to sign an agreement.

Spurs already have a relationship with Swindon Town which has seen four players leave White Hart Lane for the Wiltshire club this year - three on loan - and are looking to replicate the success of Chelsea's link-up with Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem without the constraints of domestic loan rules.

Vitesse's situation has provoked debate in Holland, with other clubs unhappy at their excessive reliance on players lent to them by the Blues.

Roda Technical Director Leon Vlemmings revealed his disappointment that negotiations with Tottenham had fallen through, but hinted that the Dutch side didn't see enough benefit from any potential arrangement.

"If you can do it to your advantage, you should do it, but we must first consider what we want to be and whether it fits within our own strategy.

"First we must make our own house as strong as it can be."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-roda-jc-feeder-club-2474980#ixzz2iMAf1Mzy
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

We should try and partner up with Madrid :bentley:

We already have... unfortunately, it's been a one-way street...

:adestare::vdvdive:

Ahem, as I say, it's been a totally two-way street, a polite, evenly fair agreement, from which we've benefited as much as they have, and no one else has really had a look in!

**COUGH** Modric << Bale << Ozil >> BOLLOCKS!

Why bother with Ro
Don't think they'd be too keen on that.
Doesn't have to be an agreement to the effect of Ajax becoming a feeder club, though.

Could structure it as a marketing partnership. Organize a friendly at the start of each season with Ajax keeping the proceeds. Send some youngsters on loan perhaps, with both Ajax and Spurs selling some of the other's merchandise. They could probably fairly easily set up an online retail partnership, with season-ticket holders of Spurs getting a small discount on Ajax merch, and vice versa; or free lettering on Verts and Eriksen kits for Ajax fans. I would be surprised if there weren't a number of Ajax fans that would snap up Spurs kits for Verts and Eriksen; I haven't heard of any ill will.

Point is, there are ways to construct a club partnership without making one party look like the junior partner.

Why bother with Ro

Doesn't have to be an agreement to the effect of Ajax becoming a feeder club, though.

Could structure it as a marketing partnership. Organize a friendly at the start of each season with Ajax keeping the proceeds. Send some youngsters on loan perhaps, with both Ajax and Spurs selling some of the other's merchandise. They could probably fairly easily set up an online retail partnership, with season-ticket holders of Spurs getting a small discount on Ajax merch, and vice versa; or free lettering on Verts and Eriksen kits for Ajax fans. I would be surprised if there weren't a number of Ajax fans that would snap up Spurs kits for Verts and Eriksen; I haven't heard of any ill will.

Point is, there are ways to construct a club partnership without making one party look like the junior partner.

Good points. The last paragraph would be of utter importance. I can not see Ajax wanting to feel bossed around, and I would not want Spurs to become a bully of a club either.

We could get some more smoke bombs from the Ajax F-side lads, they worked the treat at villa.

Plus we can partner in our Y-word fiasco. Pretty sure those boys identify with that as well.

Oh and thirdly we can keep nicking their top players for barging prices. (Vicktor Fischer next (Going on FM13))

Back
Top Bottom