Tottenham N17.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My mrs hates going to Tottenham. I love it :dembelelol:

Not the football part (well, partially), but the place. We did a comprimise a few years ago where we stayed in Holborn on the Friday to see Warhorse, then stayed in a room above a Pub in Tottenham after the match on a Saturday. She wasn't impressed, and it bucketed it down the whole Saturday.

I did also gate crash someone's birthday party in the pub and got pissed, so that didn't help. I've always felt more comfortable in places that make the stuck up folk feel uncomfortable. Tottenham is just a quirky mix of Carribean culture and lower class housing - look beyond that, and everyone seems far more friendly than the twats in the rest of London.

Yes the area has had it's low point but It's representative of the London i grew up in.

Greek, Turkish, Kurdish, Somali, Caribbean, Bangladeshi, Russian, Polish... Portuguese.... and all the food, music and pure culture that comes with that diversity... it's a wonderful thing.

Anyone who has a problem with that can take their attitude back to the 70's along with bell bottoms and monkey noises.

Or perhaps we would prefer to take our matchdays in a super-gentrified, socially cleansed Islington.

For years I've watched footballers looking very awkward whilst shaking hands or doing any foundation/charity stuff etc...

This bunch seem far more interested and engaged in the work being done.

Eriksen is awesome. Like you said, most guys will awkwardly shake a hand, ask how they're doing and then move on. Eriksen looked like he was in some type of a Big Brother program with this kid.

Agree... Eriksen looked genuinely interested and part of what was going on.

...gotta say though, they coulda let the lad on the pitch for 2 minutes. .. wouldn't have killed them!
The electric fence/pitch side cordon seemed a tad excessive!
How else are they going to keep out the Velociraptors? :levyeyes:

Well, it was the "rich" kids at my high school who used to sell me drugs. So, that theory is out the window

Having had the "pleasure" of being educated at a grammar school in Finchley I can confirm the vilest most unprincipled pupils were the spoilt rich kids who indeed had sufficient start up capital to corner the local supply of puff!!

Fucking horrible.

That's the last time I go to that cinema in Wood Green.

Tottenham has been a very dangerous place since I was a kid, I remember not being allowed to go to Stoke Newington with my cousins when we were little, all sorts of trouble flaring up, mostly gangs.

Everything today is worse though, kids will stab you, wont even think about punching you, and the knives have made way for guns.
There are proper scum out there, who will attack anyone, and for the youth its really hard to stay completely out of it, just by the nature of being a teenager. Clothing, demeanor, hanging around can all make any kid a target.

But, 99% is gang related, and if you arent involved, you will generally be fine. I would not recommend bowling through at 11pm if you got no ties to the area though.

However, yeah its a sorry state of affairs, anyone could be killed firing into a fucking cinema.

Tottenham is crazy.

I lived on Broadwater Farm for a year a saw multiple guns and shootings/shoot outs.

There are literally apartments full of guns and drugs. It was like being in a movie.

Out of there now but it's depressing thinking of the kids growing up there.

Tottenham has been a very dangerous place since I was a kid, I remember not being allowed to go to Stoke Newington with my cousins when we were little, all sorts of trouble flaring up, mostly gangs.

Everything today is worse though, kids will stab you, wont even think about punching you, and the knives have made way for guns.
There are proper scum out there, who will attack anyone, and for the youth its really hard to stay completely out of it, just by the nature of being a teenager. Clothing, demeanor, hanging around can all make any kid a target.

But, 99% is gang related, and if you arent involved, you will generally be fine. I would not recommend bowling through at 11pm if you got no ties to the area though.

However, yeah its a sorry state of affairs, anyone could be killed firing into a fucking cinema.
Yeah. I live in Tottenham actually, I agree that if you're not involved you'll generally be fine, I have been living here for 5 years and in all honesty I've had more a lot more trouble in Palmers Green where I mostly grew up, than here. At the same time, you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time and you're fucked. The cinema comment was not really thought through, it could happen anywhere at any time, so not much point avoiding certain places, but extremely unlikely really.

Back
Top Bottom