Tottenham Hotspur Women

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DqqZlxfW4AE8tlq.jpg

Impressive!

Have the club been investing a fair amount in the Ladies team? Seems like astonishing good progress in a short space of time so huge kudos either way to the people running it.

Got to think as well that especially with promotion to the Super League looking possible we'll shortly see a politically correct rebranding to become Tottenham Hotspur Women - most of the other sides associated with half-decent men's teams seem to be doing it.

Have the club been investing a fair amount in the Ladies team? Seems like astonishing good progress in a short space of time so huge kudos either way to the people running it.

Got to think as well that especially with promotion to the Super League looking possible we'll shortly see a politically correct rebranding to become Tottenham Hotspur Women - most of the other sides associated with half-decent men's teams seem to be doing it.
Millwall had a decent team but ran into financial difficulties and we picked up a couple of their best players, Rianna Dean being one of them.

When they got promoted last season they changed half the team. Got in a lot of better ability players.
A shame in some ways as i quite liked it when they were all local & nearly all THFC fans through family connections but i suppose you have to go with the flow.

They still have a few originals like (Capt) Jenna Schillachi, Bianca Baptiste, Wendy Martin (although she doesn't get a lot of game time now) & Rene Hector (who was named in the ladies team of the week this week which included 1st Div sides).

When they got promoted last season they changed half the team. Got in a lot of better ability players.
A shame in some ways as i quite liked it when they were all local & nearly all THFC fans through family connections but i suppose you have to go with the flow.

They still have a few originals like (Capt) Jenna Schillachi, Bianca Baptiste, Wendy Martin (although she doesn't get a lot of game time now) & Rene Hector (who was named in the ladies team of the week this week which included 1st Div sides).
So are we still an amateur side, by that I mean our players aren't full-time pros?

Semi-pro mate. I think pretty much all the girls (girls/ladies/women/humans without penises - or whatever the correct terminology of the day happens to be) have full time jobs outside of football.
If we get promotion will that mean they will all or some will go full professional like Chelsea, City and Woolwich? Sorry for the questions but I find Woman's football odd in how it's pyramid is put together.

If we get promotion will that mean they will all or some will go full professional like Chelsea, City and Woolwich? Sorry for the questions but I find Woman's football odd in how it's pyramid is put together.

I would have thought so. All (or at least i think all) of the top flight teams are professional.

Some of the ladies at the 'big' teams earn £100k+ per annum.

On that note, Spurs ladies are away at Man U this weekend. Big game of first (THFC) vs second (ManU). United have thrown A LOT of cash at this their first season back in Women's football. Would be nice to put them in their place.

I would have thought so. All (or at least i think all) of the top flight teams are professional.
Yeovil Town are up there and they are an awful team, they haven't won a game in the three seasons they've been there. They only reason they have stayed there is that not enough teams applied to join the top division. West Ham applied to join and jumped ahead of us....we stuffed them 10-0 a season or so ago.

Todays United game being shown live on MUTV...a live stream available of a Spurs Ladies match...what's the world coming to...kick off is at 12...

Back
Top Bottom