Tottenham Hotspur Women

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's exactly the point. I should think anyone of a certain age would love to be called a girl/boy if said in a complimentary way. People get offended by the most innocuous renarks these days.

Absolutely right Mrs P. My wife used to visibly grow 6 inches in height (She's only 4'10" bless her) whenever our cockney neighbour used to shout "You alrite gal ?" to her in the morning with a wave and a smile. You are scared to say anything these days for fear of offending. Sad times.

Absolutely right Mrs P. My wife used to visibly grow 6 inches in height (She's only 4'10" bless her) whenever our cockney neighbour used to shout "You alrite gal ?" to her in the morning with a wave and a smile. You are scared to say anything these days for fear of offending. Sad times.

Agree. I still wolf whistle and shout ' cooorrr' at birds I find attractive, sure it brightens up their day

You must live next door to me.

Even keeping a door open if a woman/girl is coming behind in a shop/mall etc can be taken the wrong way, then if you don’t hold it you get a glare as much to say, how rude......

2 Summers back i nearly had a tear up at a garden party for saying "your welcome treacle"
To the female half of a couple who thanked me for stepping aside in the kitchen to let them pass.She wasn't bothered at all.But her partner decided i had called her a tart...
I apologised several times, but he got more lairy. Even other people including two ladies joined in to say i had meant nothing of the sort. I let myself down a bit after that with what i said to him, and he told me he had no intention of going outside to discuss it with an oiky thug like me, so decided it was better to leave...I returned 2 minutes later ,marched in picked up my previously forgotten of ale and left again.My mate reckons it was one of the funniest things he'd seen.I rang the fella who's party to say sorry,but he would have none of it.He told me the bloke was a notorious bully in the Jazz scene(the people at the party were mainly Jazz people),and he always starts on someone,he just picked the wrong person that night.Made me feel better.
I have since decided not to rise above my social station and now only socialize with my own fellow oiks :)

Even keeping a door open if a woman/girl is coming behind in a shop/mall etc can be taken the wrong way, then if you don’t hold it you get a glare as much to say, how rude......

Joy is the woman that ignores you and walks through the other side of the double door instead.

2 Summers back i nearly had a tear up at a garden party for saying "your welcome treacle"
To the female half of a couple who thanked me for stepping aside in the kitchen to let them pass.She wasn't bothered at all.But her partner decided i had called her a tart...
I apologised several times, but he got more lairy. Even other people including two ladies joined in to say i had meant nothing of the sort. I let myself down a bit after that with what i said to him, and he told me he had no intention of going outside to discuss it with an oiky thug like me, so decided it was better to leave...I returned 2 minutes later ,marched in picked up my previously forgotten of ale and left again.My mate reckons it was one of the funniest things he'd seen.I rang the fella who's party to say sorry,but he would have none of it.He told me the bloke was a notorious bully in the Jazz scene(the people at the party were mainly Jazz people),and he always starts on someone,he just picked the wrong person that night.Made me feel better.
I have since decided not to rise above my social station and now only socialize with my own fellow oiks :)

2788ac8b9d42def99f8b006ac4528391.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom