Tottenham Hotspur Women

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The sport is only going to improve if we actively take an interest in it. It'll then get the investment it desperately needs. If the improvement in quality from now to 2023 is the same as it was from 2015 to this year then it'll be decent.

It's up to us, lads!

I will probably do the BHA away game at Crawley 2pm Sunday 23rd Feb if anyone local fancies it.station

It is a bit of a distance from Crawley station unfortunately but there is a bus (Fastway 10) every 7 minutes - not sure about Sundays though!

Apprently 'Ladies' is sexist as it implies a certain type of demeanour, ie, ladylike = appropriate for or typical of a well-bred, decorous woman or girl.

Why that is offensive i am not really sure.

Ladies & Gentlemen has a nice ring to it in my opinion. A bit nicer than Birds & Blokes.
So I guess we can't say Spurs Dorises then?

Apprently 'Ladies' is sexist as it implies a certain type of demeanour, ie, ladylike = appropriate for or typical of a well-bred, decorous woman or girl.

Why that is offensive i am not really sure.

Ladies & Gentlemen has a nice ring to it in my opinion. A bit nicer than Birds & Blokes.
There's a guy at work who refers to any woman as "girl", whether she's in her early twenties or late thirties.
I think it's just his old school lingo as well (he's nearly 50)

Back
Top Bottom