Tottenham Hotspur vs Stoke City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seriously how do they willingly pay to watch that shit?

Football is supposed to be entertaining......those cunts are a cancer on the sport

I won't bother going next season when we play them, whats the fucking point in even playing the fixture - just agree to a 0-0 draw and stay at home.

Meh, I hate playing that team. Just missed that one bit of class or else we'd be talking about a deserved 1-0 or maybe 2-0 if we were lucky. Two absolute opposite styles of play, Bale just back to fitness, Defoe a few shots off target. Pick ourselves up, 9 points available in the next 3 games if we work at it.

Adebayor is a better player than some here would have you believe, but he's a billion times better in the lone striker role. Today and last Sunday he played as a real number 10 which is why it appears he didn't offer much. Think the time has come to abandon the 4-4-2 unless its against much much weaker sides.

7865430536_b804cd7a66_z.jpg

Brian McDermott is a Stoke fan?

Boring game. Not surprised at all at the result but still frustrated. Can't believe the save!!!

Atmosphere shit (as per usual unfortunately). I've heard a few Spurs fans had it out with each other in West upper! West fucking upper! Where I was in Park Lane lower, some cunt booed at FT, so another man went to him 'no need to boo mate'. Calm as anything, casually. The guy loses his temper starts shouting 'I'll do what I fucking want' etc. I go shout to him (like the hero I am :avblol:) 'calm the fuck down mate! You're both fucking Spurs for fuck sake'.

When the whistle went (to start the game) this couple next to me sat down. Straight away. :defoe:. They looked at me so I looked at them and shook my head and they reluctantly stood up.

Also sang 'sing up, it's a library, sing up' and 'we only sing when we're winning' it's that bad.

Wow, if you thought today's atmosphere was bad, wait till Reading come to Town the morning after the night before!!

Coventry/1882 can't come quickly enough IMHO!

Today was my first trip to the Shelf side lower, and I actually thought that the atmosphere was one of the positives today. It was an awful game, awful weather, but we still tried to get behind the team, despite the continued frustration. I didn't hear much in the way of booing at the end, and certainly nothing more than general frustration at having paid for another Stoke special.

I felt sorry for the referee throughout as he was having an absolute 'mare, although feeling sorry didn't stop me throwing out a fair few Fs, Cs and all the rest in his direction. He should really do something else for his living.

Tactically, we looked wooden, and I don't think Ade or Bale had their best games. Lennon worked hard again, lots of hassling and chasing back. Our set pieces were woeful, and AVB's subs removed what little cutting edge we had. Gylfi has got to step up soon and show that he can make a meaningful contribution at a bigger club. I also think that plain old 4-4-2 did not work against Stoke, but why couldn't AVB see it?

To be honest, I'm glad we didn't succumb to a last minute defeat. On days like today, it's probably just best to be happy with a point. It didn't even save me from Christmas shopping as I've got to get through that now. Be glad you're not my relative this year: my presents are going to be shit.

I felt sorry for the referee throughout as he was having an absolute 'mare, although feeling sorry didn't stop me throwing out a fair few Fs, Cs and all the rest in his direction. He should really do something else for his living.

Tactically, we looked wooden, and I don't think Ade or Bale had their best games. Lennon worked hard again, lots of hassling and chasing back. Our set pieces were woeful, and AVB's subs removed what little cutting edge we had. Gylfi has got to step up soon and show that he can make a meaningful contribution at a bigger club. I also think that plain old 4-4-2 did not work against Stoke, but why couldn't AVB see it?

First how could you feel sorry for that little cunt of a man. They should have had at least one red card and we should have had a penalty.

Second. Tactically wooden? a couple of weeks ago everyone was whingeing about him only playing one up top. Now he is wooden for playing two up top. The poor bloke can't win with some of our support.
Lennon ran and ran and ran some more, but it was all meaningless, he kept getting forced inside where he is as useful as a chocolate tea pot. Gylfi nearly won us the game, if it wasn't for that Begovic wonder save he would have scored.

AVB said:
"No one enjoys being level on points with Woolwich at this club," Villas-Boas said.
"I have experienced this rivalry for the first time this year and I have spoken very highly about it before.
"It is an extremely healthy competition between both teams, but we have to continue now.
"Today was a difficult game. Stoke are an extremely competitive and physical team who are difficult to break down.
"I want to be extremely positive as the players really tried hard.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8352357/

How cool would it be if he actually said "Woolwich"?!

Why does eveyone blame the strikers, and not the service they are given?
Not only that - but the pair of them had to operate inside the adventurous 5-5-0 environment that Stoke operated, before they got really jiggy and moved to 5-4-1 when Crouch came on.
What we lack is a creative ball carrying midfielder, and against Stoke we played without effective flankers and a number 8 to challenge Huth at the lineouts.

Why does eveyone blame the strikers, and not the service they are given?
Not only that - but the pair of them had to operate inside the adventurous 5-5-0 environment that Stoke operated, before they got really jiggy and moved to 5-4-1 when Crouch came on.
What we lack is a creative ball carrying midfielder, and against Stoke we played without effective flankers and a number 8 to challenge Huth at the lineouts.

Were you watching the rugby?

Back
Top Bottom