Tottenham Hotspur vs Stoke City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a LOT of red and purple in Stoke's box today:
1W812.png

Surely that is not all down to Stoke's rugby tactics…

Doesn't change the fact they do it and get away with it though does it?

Just because we fail to break down a team we have to accept dirty tactics against us?

Surely that is not all down to Stoke's rugby tactics…

Absolutely not, we have to seriously look at our record from set plays. I know Stoke are a big physical team, but to be fair so are we (Dawson, Verts, Sandro, Ade, Dembele, Lennon etc.)

We really need to work on our free kicks from shooting range and our corners, we had shit loads today and wasted every single one. If we were a threat from these plays maybe we would be able to punish sides like Stoke.

I'm not bothered about them defending, Swansea did that last week. It's just the WAY stoke go about it. There were some proper rugby tackles going on in that game. The ref had a shocker too fwiw.

This.

I'm never that bothered if teams play us and offer nothing going forward. I do object to a team having the testicles to claim to be a Premiership side when every tackle they put in looks like the one Boris Johnson did in that legends match against Germany though.

Moutinho and Llorente in January for me. I previously thought we weren't in desperate need of a striker and would have rather had a player like Willian but I don't know anymore. I'm very confused.

I'm afraid you may have a very disappointing start to the new year..

Just because we fail to break down a team we have to accept dirty tactics against us?
No, but we didn't fail to score because of their dirty tactics, I don't think.

I had a peep at the passing. We passed, iirc, at vaguely average rates: attempts in the 400s and 86% completion. Our passing is all over the pitch, though, unlike at Swansea, where we penned them in and did most of the ball movement just outside of their box
Dhwrg.png

Those big patches of green in the middle… I don't think that's very common.

Stoke, on the other hand, they came to punt, not to kick. Long-ball merchants of the highest order!

Same old story up front again...........

Adebayor, his 100k wages and yet another stroll in the park.....

1 goal on the campaign so far............

Now does everyone understand how over-hyped his 17 goals from last year were ?

6 from the PK spot

11 from the run of play w/ the likes of Modric, VDV and Bale...........

Yeah, he can hold up the ball...........But he is a Striker who is out there to bag goals and create chances.............which he consistently fails at. And does his 6'3" frame ever get on a header ? Had a sitter today............bollocks

For a big guy with obvious on the ball strength, he is fucking useless in the air. People can say that you need a 'big man' up top so you can vary the play; but not only does Ade never score with his head, but he doesn't even win any headers. Following that snowflake/Bambi that is Crouch with Ade, we haven't had a CF with aerial presence for a long time.

Pissing rain, anti-football, and seeing both Man City and ArseAnal showing us precisely HOW to snatch a narrow 1-0 victory and prove it DOESN'T have to be one of those days if you KEEP going UNTIL you get a dodgy decision!

Not one for the Christmas DVD compilation m'thinks!
Stoke are a disgrace on football, but they do what they do very well!
BOO to Panto Stoke... Bunch of Neanderthal inbred backwards Cunts!

We are SO gonna be the last game on MOTD tonight, I'd be surprised if we're not on halfway through The Football League Show!

Absolutely not, we have to seriously look at our record from set plays. I know Stoke are a big physical team, but to be fair so are we (Dawson, Verts, Sandro, Ade, Dembele, Lennon etc.)

We really need to work on our free kicks from shooting range and our corners, we had shit loads today and wasted every single one. If we were a threat from these plays maybe we would be able to punish sides like Stoke.

Lennon!?:roflmao:

Everyone is missing the point. Its obvious that AVB signed up to the Mayan calender prophesies. He didnt think this fixture was going to take place, thats why we were not prepared for Stoke Citys "Total Football" approach.

Back
Top Bottom