Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Buggot

Claiming all credit for Son since 2012
My first match thread in a while. Oh God what have I done.

Juventus Stadium - Turin 13/02/2018
Round of 16 , 1st leg
19:45 LONDON TIME

• Sides meeting for first time in UEFA club competition
  • Juve unbeaten in 26 European home matches (W16 D10) since April 2013
  • Tottenham made it through group stage unbeaten (W5 D1)
  • Spurs' record in eight games in Italy: W1 D3 L4 – sole win v AC Milan in 2011
  • Second leg at Wembley on 7 March

Onwards and upwards! I think our run of form will get the lads well up for this one, since we'e done well in the group stage and have been doing well in the league as well.

Last edited:
Fucking buzzing.

This is why we want to be in this competition. To play the very best. Likely to be a very frustrating game. I think they've conceded 1 goal in all competitions since November so it won't be easy - an away goal would be fucking incredible though.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Dembele
Eriksen - Dele - Son
Kane​

--------------Kane----------------
Son---------Ali---------Lamela
--------Winks--Wanyama-------
Rose--Vert----Alder....Aurier
-----------Lloris-------------------

Subs: Moura, Sissoko, Eriksen,llorente..ect

60fa34b81c8da4abd2e33ef5cf29028a.png

1 goal conceded in their last 16..... :dembele::pochfacepalm:

Think Lamela has done enough to get a start, has looked good every time he has come off the bench and has experience in Italy. They will sit back and will be difficult to break down. 0-0 and then we do them at Wembley.

60fa34b81c8da4abd2e33ef5cf29028a.png

1 goal conceded in their last 16..... :dembele::pochfacepalm:

Kane hat-trick incoming...

Seriously though, that’s remarkable. Their counter attack is devastating too. They’re set up perfectly to take on attacking teams like us, so we’ll need to be at our very best. We’ll also need to be far more clinical than we were today, as we won’t get too many chances.

Score over there and the tie is ours I reckon, even if we lose 2-1.

Historically it’s been the English teams coming off worse in the stereotypical crash bang English style vs slow it down Italian style....but Spurs are different as technically just as proficient as them but still fast. Arguably when on form we might be better suited to European games..

Need to make changes for this to bring in fresh players. I would bring in Aurier, Alderweireld, Rose & Wanyama. We need to score and not lose by more than one goal. A draw would be great.

Got to play 3 at the back with Toby, Sanchez and Vertonghen. Wanyama next to Dembele. Kane, Eriksen and Alli/Son up top.

Bring on Lucas & Lamela and one of Alli/Son to grab an Away goal later on.

I'm going for a cheeky 1-0 win.

Back
Top Bottom