Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People moaning about EL mid-week games disrupting our season but they want us to qualify for the CL so we can play mid-week games again

:avbfacepalm:

I just don't get how it is so hard to see the difference of how much worse Eurpoa League is. All the naysayers who tout 'it's no different to Wednesday/Saturday', whilst correct about the time elapsed between that and a Thursday/Sunday being the same, miss a lot more relevant points.....

Champions League is sometimes split Tuesday AND Wednesday so you can and do have an extra day, you never do with EL (unless a rare Monday Night Football fixture).

More to the point as well, there are regularly 2-3 matches on a Sunday as well due to TV so Champions League sides often get a Wednesday/Sunday.

From the above it is broken up a bit and increased in terms of rest days.

In EL there are two more games to go all the way.

In EL you're regularly going to much further flung places than France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Holland. You get some treks in the CL too but far fewer and generally better trips and/or capital/main city clubs with better facilities!

And not to be underestimated is the prestige and subsequent adrenaline that you get with the CL including most group games. Running on that helps far more than the auto-pilot, tin-pot attitude and feel of he EL for most until it gets to the much later stages.

HUGE DIFFERENCES!!!!!

I just don't get how it is so hard to see the difference of how much worse Eurpoa League is. All the naysayers who tout 'it's no different to Wednesday/Saturday', whilst correct about the time elapsed between that and a Thursday/Sunday being the same, miss a lot more relevant points.....

Champions League is sometimes split Tuesday AND Wednesday so you can and do have an extra day, you never do with EL (unless a rare Monday Night Football fixture).

More to the point as well, there are regularly 2-3 matches on a Sunday as well due to TV so Champions League sides often get a Wednesday/Sunday.

In EL you're regularly going to much further flung places than France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Holland. You get some treks in the CL too but far fewer and generally better trips and/or capital/main city clubs with better facilities!

And not to be underestimated is the prestige and subsequent adrenaline that you get with the CL including most group games. Running on that helps far more than the auto-pilot, tin-pot attitude and feel of he EL for most until it gets to the much later stages.

HUGE DIFFERENCES!!!!!

Well said Sir.

Have to say that it's now been proved, the team selection over the past 4 games was poor. We played a 'half team' in the first 3, and then full-strength in the most difficult/important game we faced. In the end we're out of 2 trophies and made life considerably harder to get into the top 4, in the space of 10 days.

Could see it coming a mile off, pretty much the worst conceivable situation we could've been in.

Well... he was born and raised in a Brazilian ghetto. That must have rubbed off on him during his formative years.
in a brazillian ghetto born & raised. On the playground is where I spent most of my days. Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool, And all shootin' some B-ball outside of the school.

Have to say that it's now been proved, the team selection over the past 4 games was poor. We played a 'half team' in the first 3, and then full-strength in the most difficult/important game we faced. In the end we're out of 2 trophies and made life considerably harder to get into the top 4, in the space of 10 days.

Could see it coming a mile off, pretty much the worst conceivable situation we could've been in.
what was the alternative?
Best 11 for the lot and watch us get steamrollered at Wembley because they were all knackered?
The cup final was always going to be the one that everything was geared towards.

HUGE DIFFERENCES!!!!!

The Europa acts as a glass ceiling in the Premier League - we either need to commit to winning it next season or just play our youth team.

Uefa could fine us £10m (unlikely as you only get £10k fines for being openly racist) and we'd still be far better off if it means finishing 4th.

This little streak of piss cannot spell Gunners or Woolwich.
I think we should keep him to laugh at.
tumblr_mf9b0ckplc1r6w4cjo1_5003.gif

She gives it up all over the south - and barks 'my brother is unlikely to get fucked by anyone of either sex' when she's being rumped. You might blame her for that, but I wouldn't. Word is, you are an ugly motherfucker.
Bit like margate ,everybodys been there,and it,s fucking shite.

Well I thought I did my bit in the corporate seats. In spite of a free bar I was in my seat 40 mins before kickoff until the half time whistle, back in my seat 5 mins before the second half and didn't get up until after the presentations. Sang throughout (except when I was shouting at the cunt referee). I was lucky enough to get the seat there, wasn't going to miss any of it. Don't get people who miss half the game for a bar when you can go to a pub any day.

Where I was was about 60% Spurs fans and they were pretty decent singing up. The Chelsea amongst us fucked off early both before half time (mugs missed cuntrag's goal) and even at full time before the trophy.

Couple of pics from my spot.

MT36K4d.jpg

m1HJQmg.jpg

IQWDFcB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom