Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They probably should of won yesterday, had the better chances (Werner missed a very decent one).
The 2 upfront play very wide apart and they mostly play the ball in the channels so we need pace at the back against them (would keep Tanganga @ LB in the 2 games)

They knocked it about at the back from goal kicks as well didn’t they. Quite riskily at times as well. I think will be closing them down from the front like mad based on that and going long from goal kicks ourselves to nullify their press. I knew Kane mission this would be a real pain but after watching their game yesterday I’m even more convinced we will miss him physically occupying their centrebacks and also his clinical finishing in front of goal.

In fact most German teams seem to play the same way, so I think Mourinho would be wise to watch our Dortmund games last season too.

It's not in Mourinho's nature and he won't of course but I wouldn't mind us playing a somewhat weakened team against Leipzig purely because we have a game 2 days before vs Villa and 2 days after vs Chelsea.

The PL really don't do English teams any favours with their games selected for TV do they? Making us a Saturday 5:30 kick off for Villa and a Sunday kick off or even Saturday 5:30 kick off vs Chelsea would have given us just that little bit extra that could help us. It's really shitty how they go about things.

Lawnbowls only had 30% possession! Blimey. That is our trick.
Many similarities between us - except they are playing with all their big guns.
The backlines (Spurs and Leipzig) played differently, but the way their forwards were attacking spaces was EXACTLY how we tried to attack City. And the trick you mentioned.
It will be interesting. But I have to confess, I´m worried about Villa too. Our form away is terrible and a bad result could damage the rest of the week.

Many similarities between us - except they are playing with all their big guns.
The backlines (Spurs and Leipzig) played differently, but the way their forwards were attacking spaces was EXACTLY how we tried to attack City. And the trick you mentioned.
It will be interesting. But I have to confess, I´m worried about Villa too. Our form away is terrible and a bad result could damage the rest of the week.

I couldn't agree more. Villa are not in the worst form and most teams up their game against us as we are there for the taking. I'm still shocked we have gone 6 games unbeaten. It certainly doesn't feel that way.

Good times!

Back
Top Bottom