Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So glad for the PL winter break and how they have structured the games giving us a Monday game just two days ahead of this game, giving us the best possible preparation against one of the current world's highest pressing teams, wankers!

Last edited:
So glad for the PL winter break and how they have structured the games giving us a Monday game just two days ahead of this game, giving us with the best possible preparation against one of the current world's highest pressing teams, wankers!
Villa on Sunday, Leipzig on Wednesday. Not ideal, but there is about 75 hours between the two fixtures.

Villa on Sunday, Leipzig on Wednesday. Not ideal, but there is about 75 hours between the two fixtures.
There's no "but" about it. Two days between these games is really unacceptable, especially considering that the PL have insisted a winter break this year for the "protection of the players".

Meanwhile, RB Leipzig will be playing on Sat giving them the extra day. And it's this which is key, if both teams had the same recovery and prep between the fixtures then there isn't too much of an issue. But this extra day is a big difference, our players will not have even got the lactic acid out of their legs.

There's no "but" about it. Two days between these games is really unacceptable, especially considering that the PL have insisted a winter break this year for the "protection of the players".

Meanwhile, RB Leipzig will be playing on Sat giving them the extra day. And it's this which is key, if both teams had the same recovery and prep between the fixtures then there isn't too much of an issue. But this extra day is a big difference, our players will not have even got the lactic acid out of their legs.
I agree, but I didn't understand why you were talking about a "Monday game", that would've been truly disgraceful.

I agree, but I didn't understand why you were talking about a "Monday game", that would've been truly disgraceful.
Ahh sorry! That's my mistake, don't know where I got Monday from, it's the two days thing that's pissed me off, right after having a been introduced to a winter brake designed specifically to look after the player's welfare.

Werner is scoring every game he plays and is rapid, need Sanchez to do a proper man marking number on him

I think it’s 50/50, all hinges on keeping a clean sheet at home imo as is always the case in European knockout games (apart from anomalies like the ajax tie)

He's not scored for 3 games running and Bayern up next. Does well against teams which give him space to run on to.

They are a team set up to play on the counter, which is why they needed to buy someone like Olmo, who can help them unlock the defense against teams which sit deep.

It's the reason why Frankfurt have their number. Played as such with 4 natural centre backs, 2 defensive and one box to box midfielder and then pace on the wings and up front (in the cup). Soaked up the pressure and hit them on the counter.

While it's maybe not pretty, it's effective and it's classic Mourinho.

So glad for the PL winter break and how they have structured the games giving us a Monday game just two days ahead of this game, giving us the best possible preparation against one of the current world's highest pressing teams, wankers!

I think it will be hugely beneficial for EPL teams in Europe. Shame all our teams apart from Liverpool are a bit rag tag

Back
Top Bottom