Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sorry, I really am trying hard to work out the logic here. You're saying that because we Spurs fans on here almost all think that shirt pulling should be a straight red and that the team you follow was not "overly physical" in your opinion does not make the fact that both a bad kick from your goalkeeper and two lucky deflections were necessary for the team we support to beat the team you support.

I might come back to that later. I might not.

Congratulations on taking back with you a day you can be proud of. Good luck with your promotion.

If the team had the same attitude as the fans, ie that they weren't expecting a battle/ were taken by surprise

It's really no surprise it took two huge deflections and a dodgy keepers kick for you to get past a club (players, all staff, stadium and training ground) worth less than almost any of the players you started when almost everyone here thinks Shirt pulling should be a straight red and we were "overly physical", they're was barely a big tackle the game!

Obviously you had more quality on the ball, but we moved it fairly well and really should have been 3-0 up. It would massively help your young cb to go out on loan, playing men's football is a big wake call compared to ressies/u21.
CCV is doing just fine where he is. 1 game against a wily attack doesn't change that.

If the team had the same attitude as the fans, ie that they weren't expecting a battle/ were taken by surprise
I do believe Spurs' fringe players had a bit of a struggle adapting to Wycombe's style of play, and add 10% effort to account for the romance/fairytale aspect of the fixture. It was a great match.

It's really no surprise it took two huge deflections and a dodgy keepers kick for you to get past a club (players, all staff, stadium and training ground) worth less than almost any of the players you started when almost everyone here thinks Shirt pulling should be a straight red and we were "overly physical", they're was barely a big tackle the game!

Obviously you had more quality on the ball, but we moved it fairly well and really should have been 3-0 up. It would massively help your young cb to go out on loan, playing men's football is a big wake call compared to ressies/u21.

That's if you discount the chances we had. Son missed an open goal, Sissoko had a shot cleared off the line and your keeper made an unbelievable stop from Son's drilled effort towards the bottom left corner. That was all before the 30th minute.

CCV is doing just fine where he is. 1 game against a wily attack doesn't change that.

Is he though? He played one game against a league 2 side and you conceded 3. He's clearly a talented boy, but sitting on the bench behind 3 or 4 others won't help, he needs games. Actual games not reserves games which are useless.

(I'm thinking championship level not down with us btw).

This is the reality of our loans.
I've no idea how Stevenage play where we currently have two and Yeovil Town & Swindon Town too. I've no idea if they play a good standard of football, if they do it's not something I've picked up on or can find anywhere to support this.
Appart from Kane who can you say benefited from a loan at Spurs in the past two decades? This is amplified and more relevant today than it has ever been, as we have a coach who has trusted youth all of his managerial career.
Ryan Mason, Andros Townsend, Jake Livermore and Steven Caulker all had loan moves and then went on to play significant minutes for the first team. Pritchard did well at Swindon and Brentford, which must be part of the reason we got £8 million for him.

Ryan Mason, Andros Townsend, Jake Livermore and Steven Caulker all had loan moves and then went on to play significant minutes for the first team. Pritchard did well at Swindon and Brentford, which must be part of the reason we got £8 million for him.
Proves the point. None of them play for Spurs and non of them any good. Or have I got wires crossed that you want players loaned so we can sell them on. (Yes, we are successful at that and I'm delighted that players that have been sold that some now have careers at their new clubs). I'm talking about developing more Kane's & Wink's.

Is he though? He played one game against a league 2 side and you conceded 3. He's clearly a talented boy, but sitting on the bench behind 3 or 4 others won't help, he needs games. Actual games not reserves games which are useless.

(I'm thinking championship level not down with us btw).
That was more than enough to get Winks to the appropriate level. He'll be fine.

Proves the point. None of them play for Spurs and non of them any good. Or have I got wires crossed that you want players loaned so we can sell them on. (Yes, we are successful at that and I'm delighted that players that have been sold that some now have careers at their new clubs). I'm talking about developing more Kane's & Wink's.
I think we started with the question does a loan help a player improve faster than training at Spurs? If CCV and Onomah don't play any more games for the first team this season, I bet they disappear for peanuts in the summer.

Wycombe fan here, in piece.
Read this thread last week and laughed at the few of you who were taking the piss out of Akinfenwa and saying Carter-Vickers would deal with him no worries.
Do you now want to retract your comments?
Akinfenwa bullied him, and didn't lose a header all afternoon. I thought Bayo would even give Alderweireld a game (who I think is the best CB in the league), but CCV....
He had a shocker against Akinfenwa, and luckily for him he had to go off injured.

What piece of you is here? CCV would have dealt with them no problems if we were playing football, and th fact that you didn't have the hulk playing up front for you, who wouldn't be scared of marking a man giant who should be playing rugby? and would be nice if we had a ref who knew that 2 yellows equals a red, as he seemed to timid to give a second yellow many a times when it was deserved, any how you gave us a good game, and I genuinely hope you get promotion.

Last edited:
Gotta love the "awwwww ickle fairytale" bollox......with their passive-aggressive shit.
Cunts started singing how shit our support is after 50 seconds, then come on here slating our players and our knowledge of the game.

But, just like the refs, and media, everyone should go easy on them.

This is a Tottenham forum, you dont like it, just fuck off then. Wants to talk to Spurs fans that will pat him on the back like after the game....I bet he didnt spout the shit he is here to those fans faces though.

Anyone else reminded of the old rebook advert when seeing afffi-fat-man chasing a ball over th top?

Reebok-belly-advert.png

I think we started with the question does a loan help a player improve faster than training at Spurs? If CCV and Onomah don't play any more games for the first team this season, I bet they disappear for peanuts in the summer.
I doubt that very much to be honest. I don't have anything to back that up other than that goes against what is coming out of the club under Poch.

Now, if they go out on loan then yeah, they are highly likely to be sold and never to be seen again.

I maintain my stance that those that remain under Poch stand a better chance than those being loaned out to Southend under Phill fucking Brown.

Back
Top Bottom