Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wycombe fan here, in piece.
Read this thread last week and laughed at the few of you who were taking the piss out of Akinfenwa and saying Carter-Vickers would deal with him no worries.
Do you now want to retract your comments?
Akinfenwa bullied him, and didn't lose a header all afternoon. I thought Bayo would even give Alderweireld a game (who I think is the best CB in the league), but CCV....
He had a shocker against Akinfenwa, and luckily for him he had to go off injured.
He didn't go off injured and Dier is not a RB and has never had much speed. If Trippier was not off the pitch or Walker on it Weston would never have done that. Dier has had that happen to him before mate. That's why he don't play there anymore.
The beast would bully most players and win most headers because of his strength. Well done to a 5ft 10 16 stone weightlifter for bullying 6ft, 14 stone 19 yr old .
CCV has never been that good aerially anyway. I think most of us expected that.
He's our fifth choice CB. When Dier and Wanyama can play there. It was a good experience for him.
Anyway unlucky Wycombe you played well.

Last edited:
Carter-Vickers should probably be out on loan as well as Onomah. Given what Poch said after the game, it could be that neither of them plays for us again this season. They would both be better out somewhere getting game time.

Honestly, all the Spurs fans moaning about our shirt pulling, rugby-like, rough style are going over the top IMO. It certainly wasn't evident any more than all of our other games this season. I don't know if that's because I've been habituated to it, but I didn't notice anything remotely like that yesterday. You should have seen our match against Notts County before Christmas. That was 10x worse than this.

Bid for FA Cup match-worn shirts

Spurs were going to do this as well but unfortunately all our shirts have rips and tears in them for some reason so cannot be sold.

He didn't go off injured and Dier is not a RB and has never had much speed. If Trippier was not off the pitch or Walker on it Weston would never have done that. Dier has had that happen to him before mate. That's why he don't play there anymore.
The beast would bully most players and win most headers because of his strength. Well done to a 5ft 10 16 stone weightlifter for bullying 6ft, 14 stone 19 yr old .
CCV has never been that good aerially anyway. I think most of us expected that.
He's our fifth choice CB. When Dier and Wanyama can play there. It was a good experience for him.
Anyway unlucky Wycombe you played well.
Been watching CCV for a few years, he is usually excellent in the air, wins literally everything and carries a threat in the oppo box from set pieces too. Someone must have slipped 10kg weights in each of his shoes.

Made a better one (I think)

alli.gif

Personally, I watch football because I want to be entertained and I want to see skill and ability from the best players or even players that aren't brilliant but can pull something off once in a while and surprise you. The game is about that spectacle. Shirt pulling and cheating just destroys the spectacle. I think if it is deliberate and sustained like this then players should be sent off as basically the situation is that one player has bettered the other but the other therefore nullifies the skill and ability through cheating.

In this match it must have happened a dozen times in the second half, it was ridiculous.

Carter-Vickers should probably be out on loan as well as Onomah. Given what Poch said after the game, it could be that neither of them plays for us again this season. They would both be better out somewhere getting game time.
Do you seriously think they will be better served under the tutelage of Phil Brown at Southend, than under Poch at Spurs?
Phil-Brown-Hull-City-001.jpg

So many entries on a game hat is now history and won.

Shows you how little tangible transfer news we have had.

My only hope is that Pochettino now sees the competition as one to go full pelt at especially if we avoid the remaining 4 big guns.

It's really no surprise it took two huge deflections and a dodgy keepers kick for you to get past a club (players, all staff, stadium and training ground) worth less than almost any of the players you started when almost everyone here thinks Shirt pulling should be a straight red and we were "overly physical", they're was barely a big tackle the game!

Obviously you had more quality on the ball, but we moved it fairly well and really should have been 3-0 up. It would massively help your young cb to go out on loan, playing men's football is a big wake call compared to ressies/u21.

I think we tried to build relations with teams that don't play that way ... Swindon, Yeovil.

This is the reality of our loans.
I've no idea how Stevenage play where we currently have two and Yeovil Town & Swindon Town too. I've no idea if they play a good standard of football, if they do it's not something I've picked up on or can find anywhere to support this.
Appart from Kane who can you say benefited from a loan at Spurs in the past two decades? This is amplified and more relevant today than it has ever been, as we have a coach who has trusted youth all of his managerial career.

UTD_DM_Player-Announcement-Walkes_1280x553.jpg

CnvARQ6UkAE5qXD.jpg

It's really no surprise it took two huge deflections and a dodgy keepers kick for you to get past a club (players, all staff, stadium and training ground) worth less than almost any of the players you started when almost everyone here thinks Shirt pulling should be a straight red and we were "overly physical", they're was barely a big tackle the game!

Obviously you had more quality on the ball, but we moved it fairly well and really should have been 3-0 up. It would massively help your young cb to go out on loan, playing men's football is a big wake call compared to ressies/u21.

I'm sorry, I really am trying hard to work out the logic here. You're saying that because we Spurs fans on here almost all think that shirt pulling should be a straight red and that the team you follow was not "overly physical" in your opinion does not make the fact that both a bad kick from your goalkeeper and two lucky deflections were necessary for the team we support to beat the team you support.

I might come back to that later. I might not.

Congratulations on taking back with you a day of which you can be proud. Good luck with your promotion.

Back
Top Bottom