Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes we need to rest players but not 10, it did not work against Villa and did not work today

Sorry I thought we won both games?

For crying out loud its 4th division oppo. Poch safeguarded the risks with the players on the bench he was able to bring on to change the game. It clearly did work....a game is 90 mintes, not one half.

Im sure you'd be delighted if it was Walker who went off with cracked ribs in that game eh

Last edited:
Well, if we end up getting knocked out in an away tie in the next round, at least the Final FA Cup match at The Lane was a classic!!!

(it would almost be a shame to go and ruin in now!!)

Sorry I thought we won both games?

For crying out loud its 4th division oppo. Poch safeguarded the risks with the players on the bench he was able to bring on to change the game. It clearly did work....a game is 90 mintes, not one half.

Im sure you'd be delighted if it was Walker who went off with cracked ribs in that game eh

The people who whine the most about this are the same ones who would throw a hissyfit should a key player get injured in the cup or the team run out of steam towards the end.

You can only have it all if you're City or Chelsea that have 80 players on 100k a week wages.

The people who whine the most about this are the same ones who would throw a hissyfit should a key player get injured in the cup or the team run out of steam towards the end.

You can only have it all if you're City or Chelsea that have 80 players on 100k a week wages.

Well thats the thing....it will be all this "Kane needs a rest" stuff if he burns out again or "WHAT WAS POCH THINKING???" if one of them oafs had broken Eriksen's leg yesterday.

And we are so overdoing the "weak squad" thing.
It was a poor effort first half yesterday no doubt, but take a look at the team. I mentioned it in the game, that only CCV, Onomah and NKoudou are in experienced.

Trippier, Davies, Wimmer, Winks, Son, Dier, and Sissoko have all come in and had excellent performances in our first team during PL games. But suddenly we have a shit b team?

I wanted Janssen yesterday, not Kane. We played without a striker, so every great ball in from Trippier was wasted.

We were unfocused and unbalanced, and thats what needs addressing, not playing full strength against 4th division teams and claiming our squad is weak.
If someone honestly believes that team yesterday didnt have the ability to make that game more comfortable for themselves, then surely they must want to see about 10 players sold.

Tottenham have arguably the best starting XI in the Premier League, but their reserves proved incapable of securing a result against League Two Wycombe
Considering Tottenham and Liverpool’s chronic lack of squad depth, it is a wonder they are able to compete on the same level.

Look at this nonsense from F365....Did we lose after all then?
Or does losing the first half count nowadays?

So sick of this of this crap in the media, and Spurs fans are falling into the same trap sadly

Tottenham have arguably the best starting XI in the Premier League, but their reserves proved incapable of securing a result against League Two Wycombe
Considering Tottenham and Liverpool’s chronic lack of squad depth, it is a wonder they are able to compete on the same level.

So sick of this of this crap in the media, and Spurs fans are falling into the same trap sadly
What crap journalism. We were very poor in the first half, granted, but that's why Poch deserves some credit. The bench was used to shuffle his pack. And he got the result.
We are in the draw. That's all that matters. Now back to focusing on our league position.

Well thats the thing....it will be all this "Kane needs a rest" stuff if he burns out again or "WHAT WAS POCH THINKING???" if one of them oafs had broken Eriksen's leg yesterday.

And we are so overdoing the "weak squad" thing.
It was a poor effort first half yesterday no doubt, but take a look at the team. I mentioned it in the game, that only CCV, Onomah and NKoudou are in experienced.

Trippier, Davies, Wimmer, Winks, Son, Dier, and Sissoko have all come in and had excellent performances in our first team during PL games. But suddenly we have a shit b team?

I wanted Janssen yesterday, not Kane. We played without a striker, so every great ball in from Trippier was wasted.

We were unfocused and unbalanced, and thats what needs addressing, not playing full strength against 4th division teams and claiming our squad is weak.
If someone honestly believes that team yesterday didnt have the ability to make that game more comfortable for themselves, then surely they must want to see about 10 players sold.

I would probably play Eriksen if get a home draw because he gives us so much control which we sorely lacked. I'm not sure I would risk him on an away pitch though.

Bloke in front of me:

- arrived 5 mins after KO
- stood and turned to face the crowd trying to get a song going (nothing wrong with that in itself but the people around were mostly either 60+ or -5 years old.....not going to happen)
- left to go for a beer when we went 2 down (c. 32 mins)
- only came back at 2-2
- left the ground entirely at 3-2
- openly said he'd bet on the opposition to win

We also would have accepted, "Was sat by a cunt for most of the match...."

Bloke in front of me:

- arrived 5 mins after KO
- stood and turned to face the crowd trying to get a song going (nothing wrong with that in itself but the people around were mostly either 60+ or -5 years old.....not going to happen)
- left to go for a beer when we went 2 down (c. 32 mins)
- only came back at 2-2
- left the ground entirely at 3-2
- openly said he'd bet on the opposition to win

Haha is this the chap in the Paxton lower by any chance? If so, I was watching that from a far, doubt he'll remember much of it to be honest.

Related topic - What gave me the most pleasure yesterday with the trolling win was the number of 'Wycombe' fans in jolly corporate giving it the biggy. One whole box who went mental at their first goal - and another a few across as well. Pretty sure the main lot got sent packing some point in the first half. And I'm sure those in the other box who stayed enjoyed the final few minutes.

:kaneshh:

Fucking ridiculous. We won the game from a losing position with ten men through no fault of our own! we also had injuries to our best CB pairing so had no option but to twist. Liverpool just plain lost, and have only won a single game this calendar year. Trying to suggest we are the same is a fuckign joke. Liverpool don't even have that good a starting eleven, let alone a squad.

Totally agree, the media are very poor and biased but I don't listen to them. I rather watch the game and listen to what the club, players and manager are saying.

We was lucky yesterday but sometimes you need luck in a football game.

What a great game , hopefully the younger players have learnt a lot about what it takes to be a top player and make it into the first 11.

Back
Top Bottom