Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gotta love the "awwwww ickle fairytale" bollox......with their passive-aggressive shit.
Cunts started singing how shit our support is after 50 seconds, then come on here slating our players and our knowledge of the game.

But, just like the refs, and media, everyone should go easy on them.

This is a Tottenham forum, you dont like it, just fuck off then. Wants to talk to Spurs fans that will pat him on the back like after the game....I bet he didnt spout the shit he is here to those fans faces though.

It's funny because if Wycombe had ended up winning, they'd come on here and gloat.

But their precious little fairy tale ended and they've come to realise that there is no FA Cup dream, they're just stuck in League Two and we ended their little shitty 17 game unbeaten run against nobodies.

Looks like Poch is reconsidering making so many changes. The following is quoting him on Sky's web site and suggests rotation for the premiership matches this week. Yes he needs to rest players but there are players he cannot count on.
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino suggests he will make changes for trip to Sunderland
'And he admits that has led him to reconsider rotating the team so much for their upcoming Europa League knockout campaign.
"We have a few players with some risk of getting injured and you need to rest because you cannot compete on Tuesday at Sunderland and then on Saturday against Middlesbrough," Pochettino said.
"We need the fans need to understand that we cannot always play the same team - the same 11 players - because they are not machines, they are human'
.We will see [about the Europa League]. It's not clear. The first half [against Wycombe] was very difficult and we need to assess why and to analyse.'

How? Did he even have a shot?
What did he prove? That he´s strong?
We could have been 1 down after the first minute because of an Akinfenwa header that set up a guy perfectly, but he headed over. Their first goal happened because Wimmer left his man to go and help CCW deal with Akinfenwa. He played the through ball in the lead up to their penalty with perfect weight.
He lasted longer than I expected as well.

For the record I didn't like how any of our defenders and Dier not winning anything in the air, I'm fuming at that and it's a worry. Congratulations to Wycombe for being aggressive and winning those arial battles. That said, let's just get things into perspective here. Akinfenwa didn't boss our defenders as is being suggested, with the exception of an excellent header in the first minute, setting up the first chance of the game where Wycombe hit the cross bar, not one of the headers he won found another Wycombe player. Whilst he was dominant in the air, our young teenage CB that was marking him schooled him when the ball was on the floor, CCV had the highest pass completion rate in the game and won all of his tackles, fat boy didn't actually get past him all game.

As for the pen, I've now seen it back and sorry that wasn't a pen. His mistake was actually thinking that he had to make the tackle at all, the moment you go to ground like that there is always a risk that the ref will give a pen, and let's be frank here, that ref and his lino's was fucking shocking, (absolutely not having a pop at Wycombe for the shirt pulls) the ref is there to spot them and he didn't. Wycombe's LB should have had 4 yellows in the first 10 mins (all off the ball incidents). CCV will only learn from that and more importantly from Vertoghen and Alderwierld who never go to ground (Toby has hardly committed a foul this season).

In summary, Akinfenwa won lots and lots of headers that went nowhere. He wasn't involved in any of their goals (their third was excellent as much as Dier's defending was calamitous). I don't get the hype, he's better at social media than he is a footballer. Wycombe have far better players than this lump, I feel sorry for them, he has clearly stolen the limelight of more deserving players in a very good Wycombe side.

I really don't think you can read much into a game against Wycombe. I've seen Dier play excellently against legitimately world class players in his time here. I'm not going to second guess his ability because 'Myles Weston' ran past him.

The back 4 was forced on us due to injuries although Dier could have started there. They will not come up against such a strong striker again and I think we should not concern ourselves too much regarding that. What I did not like was the total lack of class (we were playing a div 2 side) from the attacking players with the exception of Son. N'koudou, Sissoko and Onomah. Collectively not good enough and we should not play all 3 together again this season.

We could have been 1 down after the first minute because of an Akinfenwa header that set up a guy perfectly, but he headed over. Their first goal happened because Wimmer left his man to go and help CCW deal with Akinfenwa. He played the through ball in the lead up to their penalty with perfect weight.
He lasted longer than I expected as well.

So no, he didnt have a shot

Back
Top Bottom