Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

---------------------------Lloris-------------------------------
Trippier-----Sanchez-----Alderweireld-----Davies
------------------Sissoko-----Winks------------------------
Lamela------------------Dele---------------------------Son
----------------------------Kane--------------------------------

Considered a heavier rotation, but our two games following are Cardiff and Tranmere. Plenty of opportunity for rest. Meaning we could then have fresh legs for the semi and United.

Expect this to be tougher.

2-1. Lamela and Sissoko.

Giggidy.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a home game versus Wolves before.

Used to live about 5 miles away from their ground and used to get my hair cut by an old fella Wolves fan on a Saturday morning, and all he talked about the entire morning was Wolves, and when they played at home he'd shut up shop at 12.30.

When you think about it.

Poch and the squad on a roll. I think Lamela and Dele are in for Eriksen and Lucas. Trips, Davies and Sanchez as well, I imagine.

Lloris
Foyth - Sanchez - Alderweireld
KWP - Sissoko - Winks - Eriksen - Rose
Son - Kane
3-1

Three at the back to mirror their style. Get our wings back forward to push there's back abit. It's a big part of their game.

Crowd out midfield to stop Mourinho and Saiss/Neves from playing. Can't break up Son and Kane. Just can't.

Go in very strong for this one.
Momentum is very much with us right now & a chance of closing the gap if the fucking South London nomads can pull their fingers out. If not, can’t let the gap get bigger between us and the scousers.
3-1 Spurs.
Kane with a brace and Sonny to continue his unbelievable form.
Rotate in the following 2 matches where necessary and only if absolutely necessary in this one.

Lloris
Trippier
Sanchez
Foyth
Davies
Winks
Sissoko
Lucas
Son
Lamela
Kane

Let Eriksen, Toby, Dele & co get a bit of a breather from the bench with Cardiff away & a couple of cup games on the horizon. If Toby can fit this game and Cardiff in I’d probably got for him ahead of one or the other in defence but I really want to see him stay fit and fresh as I think he’s been outstanding recently. If he wore a red shirt his name would be all over the back pages at the moment!

3-1 Spurs in a game that will temporarily put us 3 points behind Liverpool, 4 ahead of City, 8 points ahead of Chelsea, 10 points & +10 GD ahead of Woolwich and about 40 points ahead of West Ham, wherever the fuck they are in the league.

Beautiful!

Three at the back to mirror their style. Get our wings back forward to push there's back abit. It's a big part of their game.

Crowd out midfield to stop Mourinho and Saiss/Neves from playing. Can't break up Son and Kane. Just can't.

Don’t think anybody’s ever worried about stopping Mourinho from playing... definitely not anymore
:sonpoint:

I’ll say 2-0 Kane & Son.. COYS!

Quite like Wolves as a club and their fans are decent too. They have peppered our history and I for one would have loved to have them as our first opponents at NWHL. I was at the 72 uefa cup final along with 54,000 others at Tottenham when mullers scored and they were very graceful in defeat as i remember. Had some fun in Tipton at the last game of the season a few years back too. Back to Saturdays game, i doubt we will thrash them like we did the last two teams however i still think we have too much for them. It's a satisfying fact that if we play to our strengths we will win, waited a fair few years to say that!.

They’ll park the bus, I have no doubts.
Going to be more frustrating but should be winning this.
Do you think so? From what I've seen of them this season they seem quite attacking...Definitely can't be more negative and unambitious than Burnley that's for sure.
On a bloody plane while it's on - very frustrating.

Do you think so? From what I've seen of them this season they seem quite attacking...Definitely can't be more negative and unambitious than Burnley that's for sure.
On a bloody plane while it's on - very frustrating.

I reckon they may take note from the last two that tried to play against us though...
Hope not!

This time of the year benefits the teams like us used to playing 2 times a week which the non top 6 are not used too and suffer because of it. They do not have the depth and tire easier. Continue with the rotation. If Dele and Aurier fit then they start otherwise
Lloris, Trippier, Sanchez, Davies, KWP, Winks, Skipp, Eriksen, Lamela, Moura, Kane.
Do not expect another high scoring game but do not think Wolves can contain us in a busy fixture time. Would have been harder when we were playing twice a week and them only once a week.

Hello, I m a portuguese spurs supporter who came to london to visit some family. I tryed getting tickets for this game, but couldn t through the official website and now the game is sold out :-(. What s the best way to still get a ticket for this match please?

Last edited:
Hello, I m a portuguese spurs supporter who came to london to visit some family. I tryed getting tickets for this game, but couldn t through the official website and now the game is sold out :-(. What s the best way to still get a ticket for this match please?
Try in the pubs around the station/stadium mate. Always a spare or two going.

hotspur tickets twitter too, might be lucky. Just be careful how you arrange to pay for and get tickets

Back
Top Bottom