Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Tielemans one is interesting as he’s ended up at Leicester anyway, for not much money. So we probably tried to bully them contractually and they told us to fuck off.

Leicester more accommodating and they got the player.

And Ricardo. Are Leicester really that much of a prospect? This is the shit that pisses me off with Levy. Haggling over pennies which makes us miss out.

And Ricardo. Are Leicester really that much of a prospect? This is the shit that pisses me off with Levy. Haggling over pennies which makes us miss out.

Well, yes, they are. Won the league. Good manager. Good set of players.

Sadly we have to ask ourselves, are we much of a prospect?

We’ll never know if Tielemans was Levy or Poch. It actually feels like the sort of deal Levy would have loved.

Well, yes, they are. Won the league. Good manager. Good set of players.

Sadly we have to ask ourselves, are we much of a prospect?

We’ll never know if Tielemans was Levy or Poch. It actually feels like the sort of deal Levy would have loved.

That they win the league will grate me as the biggest missed opportunity for our football club in history. So close. And yet, here we are now.

And we will find out in the end. It’ll be in Balague’s inevitable second Poch book.

Poch wouldn’t give McGinn one minute on the pitch, he turned down Tielemans because he didn’t want to loan him, Grealish was taken out of the market in the middle of negotiations and we ended up with Ndombele instead and Barkley is shit

You don't know any of this. It's just your opinion

At the moment, I'd take Barkley (and even McGinn) instead of any of our midfield options.

If we'd offered Villa what they wanted before their takeover, the likelihood was that Grealish would have joined us.

Tielemans to Leicester instead of a CL club? Yet we take a loan option on Clarke? Umpteen other Euro and South American players we CHOSE not to buy.

What about the non-replacement of Dembele and the release of Llorente without a replacement?

2017 was self-inflicted and we felt the effects during the 'injury crisis' last season, where anyone fit, played; and now.

Aurier got better second half but both himself and Rose were massive issues today. when we were using the FBs to stretch the game then they need to be quick. These two tody slowed everything down allowing the Watford double block of four to get back behind the ball and crowd us out.

Not only were Danny and Serge slow thinkers, they play the ball at a walking pace, but they both physically slow too.

Winks wants too much time on the ball, The Belgian CBs have regressed years. I think I'd honestly trade them to have Dunk and Duffy.

Sissoko and Ndombele don't hold onto the ball well enough, like Winks, often turning into trouble.

the biggest prob was we just didn't get the ball to Son/Lucas enough to use the pace and trickery they have to run at the Watford defence!

Alli, I thought was pretty good, a few lovely little passes, took his goal well. I hear people giving out about his flicks and tricks etc but tbh at least he's trying something, okay it doesn't always come off but it's creative and honestly I rather see him try something tricky than watch 3/4 mins of us passing it left to right and then back across to not even muster a shot at the end!

I hate how much I love this club, I hate how much bad performances affect my mood and ruin my weekend. Tottenham are killing me these days and I feel awful for it.
For the point of Rose and Aurier slowed the pace, I would like to say both of them always need to face at least 2 defenders when they received the ball. Our style of play was the main factor of this issue. I thought both Winks and Sissoko were not eligible to make our "playing system" function normally. They couldn't break the line by dribbling or protect the ball well. They are too weak to make any accurate forward pass to penetrate opponent's line when they are in tight space or under pressure. Then they always choose the easy options ( the sideway passes or backward passes to the CBs) and switch the ball to both left and right CBs and eventually to our both wingbacks.

Last edited:

Who said anything about haggling....? Leicester can offer such players a 1st team slot rather than "an opportunity to train". ... Others Poch was alleged to simply not be interested in.

Sticking my neck out, I really don't think we'll get relegated (why am I considering this possibility?)

Complacency is fatal in football. If the manager and players are demotivated, they'll lose to anyone and when we can't beat Brighton, Watford or even Colchester it becomes increasingly clear that our Premier League survival is at stake.

Clubs that thought they were too good to go down have gone down and will go down. The league table doesn't lie. We might be 7th at the moment but we're only 3 points ahead of Man United who are 14th and a mere 4 points ahead of Newcastle who are currently 18th (and who have already beaten us this season). Brighton (who beat us 3-0) are only a point in front of them and Crystal Palace are currently two points ahead of us.

There are only six founding member clubs in the Premier League who have yet to experience relegation and I doubt that many people would have expected Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Aston Villa, Norwich City, Coventry City, Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, Queens Park Rangers, Wimbledon, Southampton and Nottingham Forest to go down back in 1992 but they did.

Last edited:
You don't know any of this. It's just your opinion

At the moment, I'd take Barkley (and even McGinn) instead of any of our midfield options.

If we'd offered Villa what they wanted before their takeover, the likelihood was that Grealish would have joined us.

Tielemans to Leicester instead of a CL club? Yet we take a loan option on Clarke? Umpteen other Euro and South American players we CHOSE not to buy.

What about the non-replacement of Dembele and the release of Llorente without a replacement?

2017 was self-inflicted and we felt the effects during the 'injury crisis' last season, where anyone fit, played; and now.
And it’s just your opinion that:
a) Levy wouldn’t stump up and Poch desperately wanted them
(Fantasy land theory)

and

b) They would have helped us

(Medium level squad fillers)

And it’s just your opinion that:
a) Levy wouldn’t stump up and Poch desperately wanted them
(Fantasy land theory)

and

b) They would have helped us

(Medium level squad fillers)

Most of our current team are playing as medium level squad fillers and any of those mentioned, Grealish, Barkley, Tielemans (yes, and even McGinn) would be chosed ahead of Winks, Sissoko and co.

We're pinning a lot on Lo Celso's return and Sessegnon and Clarke!

Most of our current team are playing as medium level squad fillers and any of those mentioned, Grealish, Barkley, Tielemans (yes, and even McGinn) would be chosed ahead of Winks, Sissoko and co.

We're pinning a lot on Lo Celso's return and Sessegnon and Clarke!

Son is world class and on our bench.

Our manager is a fucking idiot

Son is world class and on our bench.
Afraid he isn't. Two games when he's unplayable followed by half a dozen anonymous ones. Not my definition of world class.

He was on the bench as he'd just flown 6000 miles back from international duty. Before yesterday, Lucas was our saviour (he wasn't and isn't).

However I'm starting to have doubts about our head coach.

Afraid he isn't. Two games when he's unplayable followed by half a dozen anonymous ones. Not my definition of world class.

He was on the bench as he'd just flown 6000 miles back from international duty. Before yesterday, Lucas was our saviour (he wasn't and isn't)

Lucas has been destroyed by the manager, and Son is inconsistent because he’s never been anything other than Pochs little pet who never kicks up a fuss when he’s subbed off and benched year after year while Dele and Eriksen steal a wage.

Son would play every week at Liverpool, Utd Chelsea and Woolwich and I find it fucking hilarious that people can laud those squads and Leicester’s and slate the club for lack of signings and then defend benching Son and Moura.

You don’t mind Son being just a squad player?

But our squad is weak?
Who has better subs that Son?

Last edited:
Lucas has been destroyed by the manager, and Son is inconsistent because he’s never been anything other than Pochs little pet who never locks up a fuss when he’s subbed off and benched year after year while Dele and Eriksen steal a wage.

Son would play every week at Liverpool, Utd Chelsea and Woolwich and I find it fucking hilarious that people can laud those squads and Leicester’s and slate the club for lack of signings and then defend benching Son and Moura.

You don’t mind Son being just a squad player?

But our squad is weak?
Who has better subs that Son?
Currently he wouldn't get into the Scouser's team.
Probably not Chelsea.
Possibly into Woolwich.
You and I would get into the United team.

Back
Top Bottom