Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No way do we bring in a new manager before the Liverpool game

You would be condemning the new man to a heavy defeat before he has even got into the building
I don't think for one minute it would happen but if it did they would do the 'normal' of saying he will take over the squad after the Liverpool match and use the game to assess the players.

Basically what he needs to do at this point, it's either that or he needs to go. It's the choice I'd make as well, put out the youngsters. We may not be as good from a ceiling perspective but we can't be any worse than we have been, and we'll be truly seeing what we have in these kids. Curiously, a RB is not mentioned.

I'd actually be really curious to try our a 3 at the back to give them a bit more shelter. Slide Davies in at CB and Sess at LWB. Try something like this...

----------Foyth-Sanchez-Davies----------
KWP-Lo Celso-Winks-Ndombele-Sess
------------------Kane-Son-----------------

Maybe it doesn't make sense to be play three at the back with our attacking options though but I think this may help us build the most solid defense as possible.

Basically what he needs to do at this point, it's either that or he needs to go. It's the choice I'd make as well, put out the youngsters. We may not be as good from a ceiling perspective but we can't be any worse than we have been, and we'll be truly seeing what we have in these kids. Curiously, a RB is not mentioned.

I'd actually be really curious to try our a 3 at the back to give them a bit more shelter. Slide Davies in at CB and Sess at LWB. Try something like this...

----------Foyth-Sanchez-Davies----------
KWP-Lo Celso-Winks-Ndombele-Sess
------------------Kane-Son-----------------

Maybe it doesn't make sense to be play three at the back with our attacking options though but I think this may help us build the most solid defense as possible.

My guess is either Jan or Toby will be starting alongside Sanchez and Foyth will be a right back.

Would be good to start with a clean sheet but I can’t see us building our play from the back with Foyth, Sanchez and Davies.

We need a CB who can start our attack from the back like Toby in January.

Imagine the money needed for next season to bring a new defence :adewtf:
Aurier - shit
Toby and Jan - end their deal
Rose - shit
Aurier --> KWP
Toby an Jan --> Foyth and Sanchez
Rose --> Sessegnon

Total outlay: £0

Levy+Money.gif

If true, lets hope it works.

You can imagine the meltdown if he changes all them and we leak like a colander 😁 😁 😁
We are going the Woolwich route of outscoring our shit defense. Difference is their defense is not full of players 23 and under.

And it will be worse than it is now. Jan, Toby, Rose, Aurier are all used to playing with each other and the team. A whole new back 4 will take weeks to get used to things. Good thing we have 16 matches before January!

My guess is either Jan or Toby will be starting alongside Sanchez and Foyth will be a right back.

Would be good to start with a clean sheet but I can’t see us building our play from the back with Foyth, Sanchez and Davies.

We need a CB who can start our attack from the back like Toby in January.
Ah yeah, good point about Foyth probably playing right back. I'd hope we lean towards playing Jan with Davinson. Sanchez can play his natural position then. I guess my hope is we still try to develop Foyth as a CB, not a RB.

Back
Top Bottom