Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Match History 1898-2013 (Asia Trophy)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In all seriousness I agree with people saying this result isn't important due to the fact we can't even play our two signings yet and most of our best players were not playing.

Looking at the result, Vertonghen injury apart, this was just a training match that we probably were not taking seriously due to the team line up first and second half. A number of starters didn't get a game. If City win as expected. I think us vs South China in the runner up match will be a bigger draw than Sunderland in terms of viewing figures and commercial appeal.

Don't want to show our hand too quickly against a top 4 side in the League proper.

It gets slightly better

Another worry for Spurs was the forced substitution of Jan Vertonghen, who left the field holding his knee and was sent for a scan.

"It seems like he twisted his ankle, it could be sprained ankle ligaments," said Villas-Boas. "Hopefully there is not too much damage as he has a good range of movement still, but it is swollen a bit. We hope it is nothing very serious, the MRI scan is positive and he'll be back for the start of the season."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...illas-boas-has-no-further-news-on-gareth-bale

It gets slightly better

Another worry for Spurs was the forced substitution of Jan Vertonghen, who left the field holding his knee and was sent for a scan.

"It seems like he twisted his ankle, it could be sprained ankle ligaments," said Villas-Boas. "Hopefully there is not too much damage as he has a good range of movement still, but it is swollen a bit. We hope it is nothing very serious, the MRI scan is positive and he'll be back for the start of the season."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ic-accept-increased-qpr-offer-for-gary-hooper

Thanks for decrypting the Gary Hooper link ;)

It gets slightly better

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...illas-boas-has-no-further-news-on-gareth-bale

I read the link too! Quite concerning if you ask me...
sky said:
"However, Villas-Boas has said there is still a chance that Villas-Boas could be involved in the final match of the Asia Trophy against South China on Saturday."
looks like, in absence of a striker, AVB is going for a player/manger role!!

Wasnt able to watch, but it sounds like the infamous beefcake had a pretty good game considering he was mentioned 2-3 times in the match report.

Can someone sum it all up for me succinctly please.

Someone who knows what they are talking about.....

Ta

You made a thread asking where Audere has gone to which resulted in the revelation that people from here had set up a separate forum. Then several people acted like internet cunts for an inordinate amount of time.

Oh sorry. wrong thread.

We lost 3-1 to sunderland in the pissing rain. #Spursy

Can someone sum it all up for me succinctly please.
Dembs was high so he didn't play, Hudd was a mess (#lardcake)
7d293e5ef38011e2850d22000aaa095e_7.jpg

Chad is handsome, Vert picked up an injury, Friedel & Walker were outstanding, Ade looked interested

Back
Top Bottom