Tottenham Hotspur v. Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BT have a built in mirroring function through chromecast, Sky don't but with an Android it's just a case of turning on the mirroring through your phone settings. It's the whole screen and pretty shit quality though so tend not to bother.
No sky have put some code in place or something to stop their app from being mirrored onto the tv. Ive tried :(

I don't see the big deal.
Wednesday night, 20:00 KO, away from home at a shithole ground, cold, after NLD blues. completely reasonable.

We averaged 34,800 in our last season at WHL.

Four games in ten days, one away at Barca and Christmas just around the corner. When you figure out the cost of that lot for a single person, imagine what it's like for a couple or family?

No one in their right mind would expect a full house of fifty thousand (capacity for our midweek games at Wembley) given those circumstances.

The journo's raising this subject are just looking to twist the knife that little bit more.

Don't really have much to add, apart from it felt that we were playing a team of Dennis the Menaces :)
Professional performance by the team last night, did enough to get the three points, although it would have been nice to improve our goal difference.

Bloke behind me all game (well almost as he left around 80 mins) was going on and on and on and on and on about 'my coupon, come on Spurs we need 4 nil'.

Ah, the justified half and half scarf!! No shame there... I (as Inter are my Italian team) was sorely tempted to get a Spurs/Inter H&H scarf last week...
Most people have a foreign club they follow as well as their domestic team... and occasionally, those two clubs meet in Europe!

I think the problem a lot of us have, is the H&H scarves with two teams from the same LEAGUE on them!!
That's what I struggle with!
The only half and half scarf I have is from Brighton vs us at the opening of the Amex. Growing up mostly in Sussex, I have a bit of a soft spot for Brighton, and I was in a souvenir mood. It’s proven useful. When they beat Woolwich and West Ham, putting it on my chair at work did wonders to piss off a lot of people at work. I vaguely considered one for ‘The Finale’, but couldn’t stomach having any kind of rival colours on my person.

The club have missed a trick in my book, we should be offering cheaper seats for these next few fixtures, it's too late now I know.
But it's funny those avoiding these games will be whining like a remoaner when they can't get a ticket at the new lane.
Personally first test event for 40,000 plus at the new lane everyone that attended the Southampton game should get first dibs.
Boxing Day could see an even lower crowd with no national rail trains on many lines.

Back on the half and half debate: really interested in the economics of it. A mate suggested they’ve loads of halves that they just sew together but then they’re dated. Seems they’re relying on a high enough turnover of wankers each game as can’t be reused. Suppose the mark ups probably big.

Anyway, on circumstance I could ever see myself getting one is as a Christmas present for the otherwise tranquil guy I often go with who turns in to the dad from wolf of wall st anger levels upon sight of one.

The club have missed a trick in my book, we should be offering cheaper seats for these next few fixtures, it's too late now I know.
But it's funny those avoiding these games will be whining like a remoaner when they can't get a ticket at the new lane.
Personally first test event for 40,000 plus at the new lane everyone that attended the Southampton game should get first dibs.
Boxing Day could see an even lower crowd with no national rail trains on many lines.

For Boxing Day it should be a West Ham special “kids for a quid”.

Back on the half and half debate: really interested in the economics of it. A mate suggested they’ve loads of halves that they just sew together but then they’re dated. Seems they’re relying on a high enough turnover of wankers each game as can’t be reused. Suppose the mark ups probably big.

Anyway, on circumstance I could ever see myself getting one is as a Christmas present for the otherwise tranquil guy I often go with who turns in to the dad from wolf of wall st anger levels upon sight of one.
They're printed for really cheap: probably something like 50p and sold for a fiver.
They probably got a level of intuition that surpasses any data modelling you can do in a cloud setup to estimate how many they need per game.

Totally agree. What those that complain they can't get tickets & moan about how unfair the the system really mean is that it it is unfair they can't get tickets for the big games. I am almost 59, i left my house at 16.15 & got home 8 hours later. Im not playing the martyr, just saying that some of us are willing to go the extra mile to support our team.

That said, there are literally (& i mean literally) no trains on either Southern or Southeastern on Boxing day so i just can't physically get to that one. Big respect to anyone that gets there though,

so i just can't physically get to that one

Bloody lily livered, fair weather fan.

images

I have made my peace with half and half scarfs - they have replaced programs as the memento of the game, if you don't go often I can see the appeal.

I continue to maintain that the only time a half and half scarf can be allowed is for a champion's league final.
I'm going to buy one for the Barcelona game, as I'm sitting in the Barcelona end -am I excused please?
As a rule, I hate them but if you don't support a particular team, then suppose it's ok.

That said, there are literally (& i mean literally) no trains on either Southern or Southeastern on Boxing day so i just can't physically get to that one.

I didn't know this. We have been to the majority of the games at Wembley but have slowed down and have said that we wouldn't do the mid-week games for getting the kids back so late - hate leaving the game even a couple of minutes before the whistle but we have to in order to ensure we make the last train. Cost is a consideration too with 4 home matches in December, Christmas, kids etc. But if there are limited or no trains, we can't even get there anyway, have sworn to myself never, ever to attempt driving to Wembley ever again.

I didn't know this. We have been to the majority of the games at Wembley but have slowed down and have said that we wouldn't do the mid-week games for getting the kids back so late - hate leaving the game even a couple of minutes before the whistle but we have to in order to ensure we make the last train. Cost is a consideration too with 4 home matches in December, Christmas, kids etc. But if there are limited or no trains, we can't even get there anyway, have sworn to myself never, ever to attempt driving to Wembley ever again.

Agreed. I have driven there twice for music gigs. Never again.

Totally agree. What those that complain they can't get tickets & moan about how unfair the the system really mean is that it it is unfair they can't get tickets for the big games. I am almost 59, i left my house at 16.15 & got home 8 hours later. Im not playing the martyr, just saying that some of us are willing to go the extra mile to support our team.

That said, there are literally (& i mean literally) no trains on either Southern or Southeastern on Boxing day so i just can't physically get to that one. Big respect to anyone that gets there though,
I left about the same time, mind you I go a few stops up the line before the match for a pint!
I live south east myself and last year when we had Newport in the cup when the beast from the east hit no trains were running on south eastern. I got two buses to North Greenwich and got the tube, but I was worried all the game about getting home.
I did think to myself in the old days those that braved the elements would have earned a voucher for a cup semi! But if we get much further half this crowd wouldn't qualify for a ticket!
My tickets are bought for Burnley and Wolves, still undecided on the Bournemouth game but I'm very worried about low turn outs for all these games.

Back
Top Bottom