Tottenham Hotspur v. Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gonna be a tough one to judge but we really need to win with as little ammo as possible. Leicester will be tough. Very tough. Any kind of victory over Saints is acceptable.

Had we won today this would have been a banker. Not sure now.

Football does weird things and Southampton would have got much confidence watching us today.

Team selection will be interesting because I suspect the players will want to atone for today's no show.

The issue is how it impacts on the players.

What I don't see in Woolwich is anything that worries me too much but today they were better than us.

And Aubameyang is a quality striker.

We will bounce back & give this lot a mauling.
At the same time, Maureen will do us a favour and slip Woolwich a length.
Karma restored.
Woolwich back in their place beneath us
And the League cup to put right today’s abomination.
3-0 Spurs.
2-0 United
Job done.

Theyve just binned Hughes.

So were probably going to expect a southampton with a bit more fight. (New manager syndrome and all that bollox) But we shouldnt let this one slip, regardless of that.

Coys!

Theyve just binned Hughes.

So were probably going to expect a southampton with a bit more fight. (New manager syndrome and all that bollox) But we shouldnt let this one slip, regardless of that.

Coys!

They won’t have someone in time for wed. It’ll be some caretaker

Kelvin Davis (Assistant coach) will be in charge for southampton on Wednesday. I reckon they will have someone in charge for there game on saturday.

Current level of cynicism stands at 85%.
They don't need a new manager bounce, just sacking Hughes was probably enough to smash down that 50kg water urn they were having to balance on their heads.

Callum Wilson

...and the chance of Bmouth selling their main man, even when the january window is open, is???

...Will he be keen to move in order to be understudy to one of the world's best strikers???

If he's gonna resign himself to being a #2 pressumably he takes most lucrative offer (which isnt likely to be us)...

The landscape hasnt changed for us sadly.

Another Jansen (young/unproven) or another Llorente (proven/ageing) continue to be the options for the forseeable.

Whilst you do get a 'new manager' bounce, you don't tend to get that until one is appointed ... I would like to imagine it's a cluster-fuck at Saints right now ... let's hope they're all to busy worrying about the new boss than about playing us ....

Back
Top Bottom