Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (28-09-19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing to add to the comments posted but I will anyway. This felt huge. 1-1 with 10 men. Time to show what we had in the tank. Finally, a marker for the season.

Harry was immense. Moussa, Sonny, Toby, Jan and Danny were superb overall despite a few shaky moments.

Atmosphere was poor. Never turned too negative but was quiet. Nobody on my row - or behind - was the the usual STH. Whole experience at the ground is so clearly geared towards fans as consumers. WHL was so much more fun and genuine. As for the wankers playing music afterwards...

Spent too long in Redemption Brewing afterwards which was nice. Trains fucked so just kept going. Wife gone to bed early so won’t get moaned at until the morning.

Overall decent. COYS.

There was no tactics.

We were getting fucking battered and he just took off an AM for and AM and a CM for a CM.

There was no answer for having ten men. He’s played Sissoko RB before, there was nothing he did to deal with them.

The players just dig deep.

We weren’t getting fucking battered.

They had the ball but were pretty useless with it. They didn’t commit enough bodies forward. It was a far less nerve wracking second half than I expected.

The boys marshalled it through very well.

Sissoko played well at RB. Ndombele looked good. Jan and Toby looked assured. Winks put in a shift. Lamela was a good choice to come on at 60mins, he did well.

After a rubbish week, having to dig 3pts out was probably the best medicine we could have had (thanks Serge....)

:lamelaaghh:

Nothing to add to the comments posted but I will anyway. This felt huge. 1-1 with 10 men. Time to show what we had in the tank. Finally, a marker for the season.

Harry was immense. Moussa, Sonny, Toby, Jan and Danny were superb overall despite a few shaky moments.

Atmosphere was poor. Never turned too negative but was quiet. Nobody on my row - or behind - was the the usual STH. Whole experience at the ground is so clearly geared towards fans as consumers. WHL was so much more fun and genuine. As for the wankers playing music afterwards...

Spent too long in Redemption Brewing afterwards which was nice. Trains fucked so just kept going. Wife gone to bed early so won’t get moaned at until the morning.

Overall decent. COYS.

Things sounded loud and lively on my feed? I thought that the fans did a great job in trying to lift the boys and it sounded good to me, despite there not being a lot to get excited about in the second half. Obviously I wasn't there, so I could be wrong.

Things sounded loud and lively on my feed? I thought that the fans did a great job in trying to lift the boys and it sounded good to me, despite there not being a lot to get excited about in the second half. Obviously I wasn't there, so I could be wrong.

Indeed, felt from the TV that the stadium got behind the boys pretty well in the second half.

They got on our backs for being quiet in the first half but didn't hear a peep out of their lot once they'd equalised.

End the season now.

Overall decent. COYS.
I've done a 180 on Moussa. If used correctly, he's a real asset. Never mind the subtleties, he gives everything and he's solid. Get him to kick the snot out of Lewandowski.

We weren’t getting fucking battered.

They had the ball but were pretty useless with it. They didn’t commit enough bodies forward. It was a far less nerve wracking second half than I expected.

The boys marshalled it through very well.

Sissoko played well at RB. Ndombele looked good. Jan and Toby looked assured. Winks put in a shift. Lamela was a good choice to come on at 60mins, he did well.

After a rubbish week, having to dig 3pts out was probably the best medicine we could have had (thanks Serge....)

:lamelaaghh:

I think danny Rose deserves credit, fought all the way. And Lloris made up for his error. Sissoko was MOM for me. Harry Kane was the real captain sticking up for teammates against a hostile ref.

Game was a metaphor for how we’re going to have be as fans and a club whilst we’re in this difficult transition.

If you still believe in Pochettino, then it’s time to batten down the hatches and support the team in this next period. The team got that today from the crowd and pulled through.

You had your blood pressure checked recently mate? I say this sincerley because you let what others post wind you up far too much.

Instead of commenting on other posters as people and flinging insults which just devalue your point, comment on the match instead, do you really care what other people think deep down inside? Or are you just happy we have turned a corner? If you have a problem with what bus-conductor bus-conductor said then criticise his points, not him as a person, or you know, do what you want as you always seem to do.

I am thrilled we actually managed to win a game, especially with 10 men and our current form, the commitment on show was excellent, not pretending like it was perfect, far from it, tactically we were very flawed and we need massive improvements going forward still but the most important thing for me is the players are still playing for the manager which was my biggest concern before today.

I think bus-conductor bus-conductor makes some good points about us at the back, we really do need to improve but I also agree with you when you say that the commitment was excellent with 10 men especially with the form we have been in.

That was a late night pissed up post which I stand by this morning 100%

I'd just watched the lads put in the best battling performance of the seasons, all the Spurs fans out here were celebrating the result and the way we achieved it - stupidly on arriving home just popped on the site to get some more positive reaction ... but wait

The usual fun sucking trolls are already on posting their gloom and doom ... they need to get their own life not keeping sucking the life from everyone else ... no apologies for calling them out out as cunts.

I thought Eriksen and Sissoko - and we as a team - defended that right side poorly, numerous times letting them get past men or get balls I to the box.

To me, it seemed a typical 10 man defensive display,, stay tight, pack the central areas at the (slight expense of wide areas.

Are there any stats on how many crosses came from their right compared to their left ?
It looked fairly even to me on the amount of crosses coming in from either side
Especially when you take into account that Sissoko isn't a natural RB

To me, it seemed a typical 10 man defensive display,, stay tight, pack the central areas at the (slight expense of wide areas.

Are there any stats on how many crosses came from their right compared to their left ?
It looked fairly even to me on the amount of crosses coming in from either side
Especially when you take into account that Sissoko isn't a natural RB

We didn't stay very tight though, we allowed lots of ball into our box, and much more came down our right:

Here's the heat map:

ampi9WI.png

Here's the chalkboard:

cgDIuMD.jpg

We didn't stay very tight though, we allowed lots of ball into our box, and much more came down our right:

Here's the heat map:

ampi9WI.png

Here's the chalkboard:

cgDIuMD.jpg
On crosses, excluding corners there were 3 more from their left, I think. 10 against 7 ? (might of missed 1 or 2 from either side)

On the other hand their were more corners from the left which implies that we defended better on that side.

All that shows to me is that they attacked that side more, not that we were poorer on that side.

On crosses, excluding corners there were 3 more from their left, I think. 10 against 7 ? (might of missed 1 or 2 from either side)

On the other hand their were more corners from the left which implies that we defended better on that side.

All that shows to me is that they attacked that side more, not that we were poorer on that side.

What that shows is that a) we didn't "stay tight" b) we allowed 24 crosses into our box c) 7 came from our actual right side, inside the 18 yard line, in open play, only 2 from the other side, inside that 18 yard line in open play.

I'm not just blaming Sissoko here, but he was fuckinh lax at closing down - as ever - even the pundits picked up on it on my stream, saying he looked bewildered at times, not knowing where to be - but Eriksen's closing down wasn't good at times either, and generally as a team we just did not get "tight" or keep a tight collective shape, or closed and pressed to stop them getting into positions to put balls into the box.

Southampton were just fucking inept in the box- which is pretty much dogged them for the last 2 years, because they don't play bad football and they do create positions to create chances from in games.

Phew - that was a relief. Luckily Hugo was in tip-top goal-saving form. Be in no doubt, we were NOT GOOD yesterday. We gave the ball away throughout the entire game, making life unnecessarily hard for ourselves. Whatever has happened to the mean Spurs of 2 seasons ago?

Having said that, I thought Danny Rose was IMMENSE in DEFENCE, although he doesn't get forward like he used to. Winks was excellent throughout and Harry seems to be regaining the fire in his belly.

The referee was rightly booed off at half time and booed back on again after the break. I offered him my glasses, but foolishly he ignored me.

Some are saying that a 10-man victory is some kind of a turning point in our season. I flippin' hope so!

Anyway, it feels good to get a win again and to be in 3rd, albeit temporarily.

Phew - that was a relief. Luckily Hugo was in tip-top goal-saving form. Be in no doubt, we were NOT GOOD yesterday. We gave the ball away throughout the entire game, making life unnecessarily hard for ourselves. Whatever has happened to the mean Spurs of 2 seasons ago?

Having said that, I thought Danny Rose was IMMENSE in DEFENCE, although he doesn't get forward like he used to. Winks was excellent throughout and Harry seems to be regaining the fire in his belly.

The referee was rightly booed off at half time and booed back on again after the break. I offered him my glasses, but foolishly he ignored me.

Some are saying that a 10-man victory is some kind of a turning point in our season. I flippin' hope so!

Anyway, it feels good to get a win again and to be in 3rd, albeit temporarily.

"Phew" is spot on.

Now ,that I have been resuscitated, I wish to apologise to Hugo for cursing him, his father, mother and grandparents at the 43rd min, only to be calling him my hero not long after. Gutsy 3 points...

Back
Top Bottom