Tottenham Hotspur v. Reading (Home), 1 Jan 2013 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

THE MATCH IS ON NEW YEAR’S DAY!

Because I'm a chicken piece of shit, my first TFC match thread will be Reading home. If we lose, I can blame Atkinson for getting Bale suspended, and it won't be my fault.

For the non-Brits here, “Reading” is pronounced not like:
OpyYS.png

But rather it is pronounced like:
IKDpn.jpg

Incidentally, there is a town in Massachusetts called Reading, and it's pronounced the same way.

Reading are now called the Royals, which isn't an interesting name. Earlier, they were known as the Biscuitmen, because they were astonishingly obese. When Scottish/Northern clubs came to play them, they passed the ball around them in circles, and hence passing was introduced into the modern game.

Allegedly, last season David Bentley fancied a move to Reading, because unlike Spurs, their promotion drive suggested some level of ambition at the club.

QPR sued Reading over a decade ago for image infringement rights. They claimed the blue hoops idea was theirs. Part of the settlement was that Reading would not change their name from the Royals to the Rangers.

If you would like to know more about Reading, please see the history thread.

The match will be on at 15:00 BST, 17:00 Vilnius time, and 10:00 EST. It does not appear that it will be televised in the UK. Americans will be getting it on Fox Soccer Plus/2Go. If you would like to see where it will be in your country, see the listing. I'll see you all on sopcast…

My suspicion is that AVB will send out a half-strength team, which will suffice to get the three points, though we won't be helping our GD as much as we could if we played a stronger side.

But perhaps Disco Benny will return. And score. And rip off his shirt to reveal a t-shirt that reads, "West London is my new home!" I kid. The shirt underneath will read "JE M‘EN FOUS LOL” and @Flav’s head will explode.

2–0 Spurs, in an unspursy performance.

Andros Townsend will score a screamer and reveal a t-shirt which says "Andy Townsend's Mexican Love Child" and Parker will get a tap in after a poorly cleared corner and a bit of a scramble in the box. And hopefully Defoe gets a couple too late on to make it a nice comfortable 4-0 victory.

Could really do with stuffing them, goal difference is going to play a big part if our fight against Everton, West Brom and South London Reds, possibly Chelsea should they fall back in, goes to the wire.

Andros Townsend will score a screamer and reveal a t-shirt which says "Andy Townsend's Mexican Love Child" and Parker will get a tap in after a poorly cleared corner and a bit of a scramble in the box. And hopefully Defoe gets a couple too late on to make it a nice comfortable 4-0 victory.
Hopefully JD won't get any imo, we need to give him a rest

I'd go with:
[centre]
Lloris

Walker - Caulker - Vertonghen - Naughton

Lennon - Dembele - Parker - Dempsey

Siggy
Ade [/centre]
Bring Defoe and Townsend on after 60 minutes.

Smash the shit out of em.

Back
Top Bottom