Tottenham Hotspur v. Newcastle (9/2/13)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dawson doesn't fancy the long ball, and when he does, he's on target. The stats bear that… oh, fuck…
GMIeWf1.png

If AVB really is directing Vertonghen to hang back, I didn't see Caulker bound by any similar instructions on Saturday. I remember him charging forward a few times, including all the way into Newcastle's box on at least one occasion.

I don't see what that has to do with anything, my initial point was regarding people arguing for JV at left back over BAE, amongst other things in other threads. People can moan all they want, it's not what I was talking about.
What's wrong with arguing for that? JV plays there regularly for Belgium AFAIK, and he's played there for us. There will be times when he might do a better job at LB than BAE. An example might be West Ham away or Stoke away. When Kaboul is back, our best back 4 may well be Walker Daws Kab JV.

I suspect, along with some others that AVB isn't a great fan of BAE, we'll see how it goes.

If you think that BAE is always preferable to JV or indeed Naughton at LB, fine. .No problem for me, you may well be right. I know a lot of Spurs fans rate BAE very highly. I'm not one of them though. He's a decent Prem LB and effectively that makes him a good/very good player, but I don't think he's outstanding or anything like that.

Dawson doesn't fancy the long ball, and when he does, he's on target. The stats bear that… oh, fuck…
GMIeWf1.png
I dare say many of Daws long passes go astray. As I say it never worries me, what I don't like is weak clearances or misplaced passes that lead to us conceding. I've no idea why so many Spurs fans are hooked up on Daws long passes.

Caulker twice this season has taken the ball away from Lloris, IIRC, put in a poor clearance, and both times that's led to goals. That's what I don't like. I've nowt against Caulker BTW, but ATM Daws is a better player and a leader to boot.

Was bored and looked at the NUFC forum for this game. Pretty fucking funny before the game, "Bale won't score 3 games in a row" and "Bale can't play through the middle" was my personal favorites.
http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/33952-tottenham-hotspur-vs-newcastle-united/page__st__80

My favourite one was "The only club who can afford Bale at the money Spurs fans are bandying about is man citeh. I think the deal for him to go Real Madrid is probably done in principle,just the price needs sorting. Can't see him going for more than 25 million tbh."

So according to Newcastle one of the best left midfielders in the World, who has 5 years left on his contract at a top English Premier league side is £10m cheaper then Andy Carrol?

this Bale valuation stuff is hilarious.

He's minimum £60m ATM, if he wants to go. But he shows no sign of doing so, so probably it would take £70m for Levy to even think about it.

We've never sold under ENIC any of our top players against their wishes. But there comes a time if a player wants out, we will sell.

We're financially secure, so we never need to sell.

Back
Top Bottom