Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lindegard literally said "we'll come at them", so I'm expecting some counter-attacking footie tomorrow. I don't see why he'd bluff about it (not that it's his choice, but it does seem to be Ole's ethos, which they've basically got to do since they dumped Jose). If they come at us, we'll win 3-0.

We won't go toe to toe with Man Utd.

Because it'd leave us open. If they're going to come against us, we need to play on the counter.

A win tomorrow puts us 10 clear of the scum and 13 clear of Utd. I know we have higher aims but that is a good lead in terms of getting top 4. Where as that is not all we should be focusing on it does mean we can look up and not worry about the teams below us and champions league is still massive for us especially as it would be at NWHL.

Where we want to be and beyond means securing Champions League each and EVERY season. Plus the scum (who can't afford any players this month) would continue to suffer without that revenue. Fuck them.

I figure this is going to be a tough game and we may have been found out a little with the diamond versus Chelsea. By all means use it if it is working but if we are losing at our own game (possession) then change it. I think Utd like 3 in midfield with 3 forwards so we will have to adept to this with a back 5 and two in midfield to win that battle. I'm confident we can cause them some problems, it's just if we play a diamond with Winks at the base i'd be more than a little worried.

Hoping the lads have been able to recover well with 4 days off.

1-0 Kane

Lindegard literally said "we'll come at them", so I'm expecting some counter-attacking footie tomorrow. I don't see why he'd bluff about it (not that it's his choice, but it does seem to be Ole's ethos, which they've basically got to do since they dumped Jose). If they come at us, we'll win 3-0.
It's a head scratcher. If Son plays, and with their back 4, it must be good for us if they all pile forward.

Besides Woolwich losing, this really could turn out to be one of the worst weekends in a while.

Don't let us down!

Concerned about Pogba but we do have Sissoko. If they overload against Trippier with Martial it could be an issue.

Rashford may get the better of Alderweireld but Sanchez can cover.

Apart from that, Kane>Jones. Smash 'em.

Lloris

KWP——-TA———JV———Rose

Alli———Skipp——Eriksen

Lamela——-Kane——Son

That lineup gave me cancer.

Why in the world would we -
- start KWP and Skipp when first has seen precious little playing time and most of their threat is coming from this side. And 2nd just is not better than ANY of our current options. Including Sissoko and Winks as of now. Sure, promising, but we need to field best side NOW!
- push Eriksen AND Alli deeper down + into the line with very unexperienced CM in Skippy? FFS even you cannot be so deluded that you'd leave Sissoko out of this one?!?

So we should have back Vertonghen, Dembele and Lamela. Though doubtful if Dembele will be included.

Moura is not certain option (might be available, might not), if he makes it, he will be on the bench.

Dier and Wanyama are still certainly out.

What I really like is that our win tomorrow would put us 10 point ahead of 5th place. That is quite a buffer, ain't it! So come on guys. Make it happen!!

I'd like to see -

-------------Lloris------------
Aurier--Toby--Jan--Rose
-Winks-Sissko-Eriksen--
--Alli-----Kane----Son----

or alternatively

-------------Lloris------------
----Toby--Foyth--Jan----
Trippier--------------Rose
---Sissko---Eriksen-----
-----Alli---------Son-------
----------Kane--------------

PS Now looking at those, I would even prefer 2nd option. I watched the Newcastle game and when their players took room from ManUre players, they really-really struggled for chances. Our players are way superior to Toon ones, so we can contain them better, and certainly be bettar on the attacking side as well :)
COYS! Leave the 3pts at home. Don't care how!!!

Assuming we win tomorrow there's a clear top 3 and next 3.

My football fantasy has Everton miraculously improving next year and displacing Woolwich, and UEFA changing the rules so that only 3 teams qualify from the PL.

So that the 3 English cities each send their best team to the CL (Spurs, City, Dippers) and their second best team to the Europa (Chelsea, United, Everton). I think that has a pleasing symmetry to it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom