Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're 7 points clear of 5th and Chelsea / Woolwich / Utd are bound to continue to drop points (Ars Vs Che 19/01, City Vs Ars 03/02, City Vs Che 10/02, Utd Vs Liv 24/02).

I don't want us to lose at the weekend and i don't think we will, but if we do its not hose pipe in the exhaust time.

I am fully aware of this. All I said was it was a top 4 scrap, as opposed to scrapping for the league.

Poch said we won't win the league so delete your post and don't be disappointed.

I'll do what I want mate.

Indeed. Another stat you won't hear the media twats mention is we have beaten them 3 times in the last 7 at Old Trafford - not too shabby at all.
Watched the Sky highlights of the Old Trafford game last night...they were talking about the four times we didn't.

I'm fucking frightened about this match to be honest.

Years and years of being a Spurs fan would do that to you.
It's like when my wife says before an NLD or similar, "Enjoy the match".

Are you mental woman?

tenor.gif

Under Solskjaer they will come at us, and that is what we like. Should be easier than it was under Mourinho really.
Especially with a back-four of Young - Lindelof - Jones - Shaw, we have a very good chance of winning this game if we play to our abilities, especially if Dele, Eriksen, Son & Kane are on it.. They've got a lot more to worry about than we do.

There are perhaps 2 United players who would make it into our XI, imagine if you would've said that 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Recent matches have shown that if we score early and get a 2nd we go onto win well. However if our shots go wide and/or we only get 1 goal then we can struggle in the 2nd half. We will get chances and just need to score them.

Under Solskjaer they will come at us, and that is what we like. Should be easier than it was under Mourinho really.

They won't come at us. They are not good enough for that, especially defensively, as in they would fear the gaps they would leave.

Alli is key again in this match. He can make such a difference because he will run beyond Kane. It's getting that ball into the box which we need to do, but the quickness off that delivery is crucial.

Teams create chances against United and we would expect to do so as well.

Pogba, Sanchez and Rashford are their players of most concern to us one would think.

If we can get at Jones and Lindelof I think that without Mourinho's stare they could creak, not that his presence helped then other than in last season's semi-final of course.

Logged on at work yesterday to an email saying that I am owed 3 days flexi that I have to take before the end of February or lose the hours.
Well that’s not happening, is it?
An unexpected bonus, but am now off tomorrow, so will be glued to the TV down the pub clutching a pint rather than trying to catch snippets on sky mobile on my phone.
COYS
:dude:

Since when did Sunday 4pm become 4:30pm ?

Since everyone started to bend over for Sky.. Fans are never considered when arranging fixture dates and times..
8pm are the worst especially now VAR is being used, many people worry about getting their last train home and all the delays make it a worry, then get critisesed when people leave with 5 or 10 mins to go.

Since everyone started to bend over for Sky.. Fans are never considered when arranging fixture dates and times..
8pm are the worst especially now VAR is being used, many people worry about getting their last train home and all the delays make it a worry, then get critisesed when people leave with 5 or 10 mins to go.
Its getting beyond a joke now. Sky trying to cram as many games in over a weekend,it's wrong,but when you are putting as much money into the game as they are,you can pretty much do as you like.Still haven't forgiven them for our 125 anniversary game.

They won't come at us. They are not good enough for that, especially defensively, as in they would fear the gaps they would leave.

Alli is key again in this match. He can make such a difference because he will run beyond Kane. It's getting that ball into the box which we need to do, but the quickness off that delivery is crucial.

Teams create chances against United and we would expect to do so as well.

Pogba, Sanchez and Rashford are their players of most concern to us one would think.

If we can get at Jones and Lindelof I think that without Mourinho's stare they could creak, not that his presence helped then other than in last season's semi-final of course.
It will be interesting to see how Solskjaer handles it.
Will he say this is how we play and we are sticking with it, or will he try and change things around based on the opposition?

No team in the country has conceded more goals from set pieces than United this season.

Only one team in the league has scored more goals from set pieces than us.

Get on it Poch. Fancy a Toby goal.

Back
Top Bottom