Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So to summarize the media thus far:
Poch's big audition tomorrow
If Poch wins tomorrow it will prove to Utd board that he's their man
If Poch loses tomorrow it will be easier for Utd board to persuade him to join Utd
If it is a draw tomorrow it's status quo, he's their number 1 target and they will move heaven and earth to get their man

So to summarize the media thus far:
Poch's big audition tomorrow
If Poch wins tomorrow it will prove to Utd board that he's their man
If Poch loses tomorrow it will be easier for Utd board to persuade him to join Utd
If it is a draw tomorrow it's status quo, he's their number 1 target and they will move heaven and earth to get their man
You will be watching the match tomorrow on your own. Enjoy...

I'm fucking frightened about this match to be honest.

Years and years of being a Spurs fan would do that to you.
It will be a tough game if Utd go out the blocks fast, that first half at their place earlier in the season will give them encouragement and belief. That first half I still think was the worst I've seen us play under Poch.

BUT, our defensive display against Chelsea was great, very disciplined and organised and can be deployed if we get put under a bit of pressure. Now I've said this a handful of times before (against other sides as well as Utd and I've been disappointed) but their defence is shite. If they attack us I expect huge holes at the back for us to exploit.

It will be a tough game if Utd go out the blocks fast, that first half at their place earlier in the season will give them encouragement and belief. That first half I still think was the worst I've seen us play under Poch.

BUT, our defensive display against Chelsea was great, very disciplined and organised and can be deployed if we get put under a bit of pressure. Now I've said this a handful of times before (against other sides as well as Utd and I've been disappointed) but their defence is shite. If they attack us I expect huge holes at the back for us to exploit.

To be fair, I refuse to get excited for a big game again after the NLD fiasco.

To be fair, I refuse to get excited for a big game again after the NLD fiasco.
Utd game is different for me. Most of my life I would write this one off, never ever expected a result against them. Not any more. I love beating these arrogant arseholes.

You know the media would always trotted out how long it was since we beat them at Old Trafford? Here's a stat I've not heard the media say once, doubt we will over the weekend too:

The last time Utd beat us at home in the league was March 2012 (SEVEN years ago!!!!). They have only beaten us at home in the league TWICE in the last decade!

Last edited:
Utd game is different for me. Most of my life I would write this one off, never ever expected a result against them. Not any more. I love beating these arrogant arseholes.

You know the media would always trotted out how long it was since we beat them at Old Trafford? He's a stat I've not heard the media say once, doubt we will over the weekend too:

The last time Utd beat us at home in the league was March 2012 (SEVEN years ago!!!!). They have only beaten us at home in the league TWICE in the last decade!

Indeed. Another stat you won't hear the media twats mention is we have beaten them 3 times in the last 7 at Old Trafford - not too shabby at all.

I don't have a good feeling about this one though...

You know the media would always trotted out how long it was since we beat them at Old Trafford? He's a stat I've not heard the media say once, doubt we will over the weekend too:

That worries me even more.

Right boys, let’s put the little elf Solskjær back on the shelf Sunday with a thumping victory, followed by Pochettino sitting down with Levy to sign a new 7 year deal on Monday.........Media meltdown inbound!!!

United are likely to beat us if they play as well as Chelsea did in possession against us. They won't get the same amount of possession because they do not have a Hazard and won't play with 6 midfielders, all very comfortable on the ball.

It will be interesting to see who plays for us in defence. We know Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Son and Sissoko will start but will it be Winks or Dembele or both? If both which of that 5 just stated miss out? For sure I think the Belgian will be on the bench at least, assuming he is fit and so he should be.

Again Davinson and Alderweireld for me. Vertonghen is just back so leave him be for now. Full backs?

United will show us respect and we will create chances.

Solksjaer has done well but he does not look the type who inspires from the sidelines.

If we start well and score early I think we can win by a couple but no easy game and certainly not one we want to be chasing.

Last edited:
Not really
If we turn up it’s not a problem.
Utd aren’t the issue, we are
Exactly..... If we both play as well as we possibly can it will be close but we would be favourites.

If Utd are on top form and we're only at 90 percent then it will be tough and impossible to predict.

They have some good players but their defence is capable of shipping a few goals.

Back
Top Bottom