Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs don’t want this smoke.
1f525.png

:kaneshh:

Right now, if we win this game, it would put the Wolves game to bed for me emotionally speaking.

If we lose it, we are in a scrap for top four and the league cup which is terrible for our fixture pile up and the last thing we need.

And, if we draw it, well, I'll be even more disappointed because we don't do draws and it is surely a 99/1 bet by now somewhere that I am missing value on...

Nah, if we draw, no title race. No top 4 scrap. Third place, same old same old, and probably no trophy.

I think we're better in every area overall (except keeper but there's not too much difference there).

Predicting 2 - 0 and a more comfortable afternoon than some might expect.

I think it's a bit naive to have watched our midfield diamond struggle so badly to retain possession against Chelsea and think that we will just walk over a fresh and hungry United team that will play 3 midfielders in the centre.

We've seen in the league games against Woolwich and Wolves, the cup game against Chelsea that tired legs are a killer for our 442 diamond, if the lads aren't full of energy then they simply can't cover the grass properly. I hope Poch comes up with a tactical reshuffle to help us in that area, with either Alli or Eriksen playing in a more compact central 3.

I think it's a bit naive to have watched our midfield diamond struggle so badly to retain possession against Chelsea and think that we will just walk over a fresh and hungry United team that will play 3 midfielders in the centre.

We've seen in the league games against Woolwich and Wolves, the cup game against Chelsea that tired legs are a killer for our 442 diamond, if the lads aren't full of energy then they simply can't cover the grass properly. I hope Poch comes up with a tactical reshuffle to help us in that area, with either Alli or Eriksen playing in a more compact central 3.

I don't give a fig how we win as long as we do win.

13 points ahead, a goal difference that would be 16 better at least and 16 games remaining would all but take them out of the equation for a top 4 slot at our expense.

Just one less pressure is my point here as opposed to limiting our ambition.

United fans are getting back to their cocky selves again. Now they’re invincible again. Would be nice to slap some reality into them.

Huge respect for United. A true English institution with their trophy count but mostly their support. Forget all the touristy types (we have them too of course) their core support is unequalled i believe. Enormous home crowds throughout the years but for me it's their away support. They realised that modern football was killing the atmosphere so they did something about it. New songs, old songs, clever songs and constantly loud throughout their games. How anyone can compare them to city is beyond me as they are miles apart. I think we have a good support but we have been left behind by United in that regard.

Huge respect for United. A true English institution with their trophy count but mostly their support. Forget all the touristy types (we have them too of course) their core support is unequalled i believe. Enormous home crowds throughout the years but for me it's their away support. They realised that modern football was killing the atmosphere so they did something about it. New songs, old songs, clever songs and constantly loud throughout their games. How anyone can compare them to city is beyond me as they are miles apart. I think we have a good support but we have been left behind by United in that regard.

All well and good but they regularly just pillaged the teams below them using their money to take who they want and weaken rivals. Ferdinand from Leeds, Rooney from Everton, Carrick and berbs from us, Cole from Newcastle, Tevez from West Ham the list is endless. Also for such a great side they’ve won the European cup 3 times to madrid’s 14.. I’m not saying they’re not/weren’t good just not having that they’ve done things the right way or whatever. Their fans are mostly spoilt entitled dicks who have no idea how to support a team who doesn’t win all the time.

They say things like ‘he’s such a united player’ about people like Kane and others who aren’t even theirs. They think if Fergie was still there Kane would be a united player now.. fuck them cunts.

All well and good but they regularly just pillaged the teams below them using their money to take who they want and weaken rivals. Ferdinand from Leeds, Rooney from Everton, Carrick and berbs from us, Cole from Newcastle, Tevez from West Ham the list is endless. Also for such a great side they’ve won the European cup 3 times to madrid’s 14.. I’m not saying they’re not/weren’t good just not having that they’ve done things the right way or whatever. Their fans are mostly spoilt entitled dicks who have no idea how to support a team who doesn’t win all the time.

They say things like ‘he’s such a united player’ about people like Kane and others who aren’t even theirs. They think if Fergie was still there Kane would be a united player now.. fuck them cunts.
All clubs have morons FOK, their true core support is more than decent is all i am saying.

Normally feel confident going into every game but I have a bad feeling about this one. Our midfield was running on empty against the chavs and I think it’s going to be difficult to contain United as they seem to have a lot of momentum and players like Pogba playing at their best again.

Think we are favourites to win but that is the issue and will work against us, we aren’t playing Mourinhos United anymore.

Hope I am wrong and we smash them but I can see it being a draw or them snatching a win and it isn’t like me to think this sort of thing, like I said, I am normally confident going into any game.

All clubs have morons FOK, their true core support is more than decent is all i am saying.

Yeah I’d agree with that. The club have thrown their weight around, which is natural, and they have plenty of plastic fans, but generally they’re quite a likeable club.

In my experience their supporters generally have a lot of respect for Spurs as well. Two historical clubs that usually try to play entertaining football.

Yeah I’d agree with that. The club have thrown their weight around, which is natural, and they have plenty of plastic fans, but generally they’re quite a likeable club.

In my experience their supporters generally have a lot of respect for Spurs as well. Two historical clubs that usually try to play entertaining football.
Exactly Jerry, i spoke to a few of their hard bastards at Euston recently and their hatred for the <removed>s was nearly on a level with ours. They totally respected us on and off the field. I don't share the hatred but my mates in Northern Ireland are like FOK in that United fans there are mostly wankers.

Right now, if we win this game, it would put the Wolves game to bed for me emotionally speaking.

If we lose it, we are in a scrap for top four and the league cup which is terrible for our fixture pile up and the last thing we need.

And, if we draw it, well, I'll be even more disappointed because we don't do draws and it is surely a 99/1 bet by now somewhere that I am missing value on...

Nah, if we draw, no title race. No top 4 scrap. Third place, same old same old, and probably no trophy.
Poch said we won't win the league so delete your post and don't be disappointed.

They like us because for years we rolled over and had our bellys tickled by them. Don’t be fooled. They better we get as years pass they'll find more reasons not to like us. It’s easy to like a team in a patronising way that’s no threat to you. They’re as entitled as Liverpool fans in my experience, they speaks in terms like ‘we belong at the top’ stuff like from any fan does my nut. You belong where you are.

Back
Top Bottom