Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Toby sanchez jan
Trippier davies
Wanyama foyth
skipp sissoko
Kane

Park the bus & take a 0-0. Get them all nervous in the 2nd leg where away goals will come in to play. Go through with a glorious 1-1. Doing things the right way!

Lloris
Toby sanchez jan
Trippier davies
Wanyama foyth
skipp sissoko
Kane

Park the bus & take a 0-0. Get them all nervous in the 2nd leg where away goals will come in to play. Go through with a glorious 1-1. Doing things the right way!

Not Pochettino's way.

We will give them a real game I feel.

If Winks is fit it will definitely be him and Sissoko.

Then Alli will play as will Eriksen and Kane. Then it's Son because Pochettino trusts him more.

A back 4 I feel but Aurier if so. If a back 5 then Trippier may get the nod.

If we take a lead into the second leg or are ahead in the home leg Moura will start or come on.

Not Pochettino's way.

We will give them a real game I feel.

If Winks is fit it will definitely be him and Sissoko.

Then Alli will play as will Eriksen and Kane. Then it's Son because Pochettino trusts him more.

A back 4 I feel but Aurier if so. If a back 5 then Trippier may get the nod.

If we take a lead into the second leg or are ahead in the home leg Moura will start or come on.
It was tongue in cheek. Yeah I agree with a lot of what you say. We will need winks to give us some decent possession & a breather from city's attacks. Hopefully aguero will still be out. I noticed they rested both silva's & sterling tonight. At least they play on Saturday & we can put our feet up. I think over 2 legs they will have a bit too much but if we play a blinder & get at least a 2 goal lead then who knows. They do get nervous in this competition.

Not having a game this weekend could be a big plus for us. Need to use the momentum from tonight and really take the game to these bastards, sit off them in any way and they will pick us apart.

Lloris.
Aurier, Toby, Jan, Rose.
Winks, Sissoko.
Eriksen, Dele, Son.
Kane.

It doesn't really sound ambitious but I'd trade going through to the semi finals of the Champions League for 3 points away at the Etihad a few days later.

What I think will be nice for the players is a game at the new stadium where tension and nervousness won't be as high. We get a free swing at them which hopefully acts as a nice distraction from the league jitters at the moment.

Let 4-5 players go out there and allow them the freedom to express themselves, the other 5-6 players ensure they play with discipline.

Big game but our bread and butter is top 4 & how we perform in the league

It doesn't really sound ambitious but I'd trade going through to the semi finals of the Champions League for 3 points away at the Etihad a few days later.

What I think will be nice for the players is a game at the new stadium where tension and nervousness won't be as high. We get a free swing at them which hopefully acts as a nice distraction from the league jitters at the moment.

Let 4-5 players go out there and allow them the freedom to express themselves, the other 5-6 players ensure they play with discipline.

Big game but our bread and butter is top 4 & how we perform in the league
Be interesting if most would prefer to beat city in the league or CL knockout. I'd be happy with either but probably the league is the sensible option. Basically making sure we get top 4 in the league.

Can see the point people are making but I'd 100% rather win the CL game than league game.

Lose to City in the league and we've still got a kind looking set of fixtures until the end of the season to ensure top four.

This is the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE quarters. Just imagine a semi final against Juve or Ajax in that stadium. Spine tingling stuff.

Plus helping the scousers win the league :pochrolleyes:

Can see the point people are making but I'd 100% rather win the CL game than league game.

Lose to City in the league and we've still got a kind looking set of fixtures until the end of the season to ensure top four.

This is the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE quarters. Just imagine a semi final against Juve or Ajax in that stadium. Spine tingling stuff.

Plus helping the scousers win the league :pochrolleyes:
Yeah I get it, but this season has been very eye opening. If we can some how scrape top four it gives us a chance to re group in the summer, get some fresh blood in and have our first full season with a home in over 2 years.

Just imagine if we make the place a fortress. Return of the 4-0 lane. I think the league fixture is more important even though I respect the romanticness of the CL fixture.

Back
Top Bottom