Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To anyone interested. I have answered the ridiculous arguments put forward by our cousin across the sea. If you're interested, scroll back. If not, then I'm fairly sure anyone on here that has ever read my posts knows that I'm not at all racist.
Thank you and goodnight!
Apparently that's not good enough, when I tried that tack He argued with me and called me a liar (to all intents and purposes) and then a couple of posters disagreed with me for telling him that it never occurred to me that your comment was racist because I dont think that way.
Funny old world it's turning out to be....

Afraid not.

You wouldn’t write ‘hippo’s’.
I dont give a fuck Joe. Typo is an informal use of typographical errors, which means letters have been removed for brevity. I am happy to use the apostrophe to reflect that.
Feel free to to stick my surplus apostrophe's up your arse if you find them offensive.
I'm an electronic engineer not an Oxbridge don in English - or your favourite subject, splitting hairs.

I dont give a fuck Joe. Typo is an informal use of typographical errors, which means letters have been removed for brevity. I am happy to use the apostrophe to reflect that.
Feel free to to stick my surplus apostrophe's up your arse if you find them offensive.
I'm an electronic engineer not an Oxbridge don in English - or your favourite subject, splitting hairs.

Or you could just admit that you were wrong. And it’s ‘electronics engineer’. Presumably you don’t unplug yourself in the morning?

The only reason I mentioned it was that you, as usual, were telling someone not to use words they didn’t understand. You say that ‘letters have been removed for brevity’ - precisely - so why stick an unnecessary apostrophe in then? I couldn’t give a monkey’s fuck about your appalling grammar, but please stop lording it over other people you enormous horse’s arse.

Seriously, are you so insecure you can’t admit to a mistake? Yes you are. Sad.

Edit: One agree and a like. Amazing. Another victory for wrongness. Carry on.

Last edited:
Or you could just admit that you were wrong. And it’s ‘electronics engineer’. Presumably you don’t unplug yourself in the morning?

The only reason I mentioned it was that you, as usual, were telling someone not to use words they didn’t understand. You say that ‘letters have been removed for brevity’ - precisely - so why stick an unnecessary apostrophe in then? I couldn’t give a monkey’s fuck about your appalling grammar, but please stop lording it over other people you enormous horse’s arse.

Seriously, are you so insecure you can’t admit to a mistake? Yes you are. Sad.

Edit: One agree and a like. Amazing. Another victory for wrongness. Carry on.
He used a term incorrectly, and he was patronising me, as you are, you massively arrogant cockwomble. You need to keep your own posting misdemeanors in mind before criticising everyone else.
I dont have a problem with being criticised for errors in my posts, but you are are nitpicking over tiny details that are subtle nuances of sentence construction that I really dont care enough about to get right on a football forum. My point was over a complete sentence construct that he wrongly used as a defence of his unfair and erroneous argument.
The only saddo in this particular exchange is you, and your continual lording it over everybody on pretty much every subject known to man. You really are a self appointed know all Joe. Most are though, in my experience.
Oh and my degree is in electronic engineering, not electronics engineering.

Yours, presumably, is in absolutely everything.

Last edited:
Oh and my degree is in electronic engineering, not electronics engineering.
But you’re not an ‘electronic engineer’ which is what you said. Look Mick, I really don’t give a fuck about you or your bleating. You’re perfectly happy to jump on people for incorrect spelling or grammar and try to belittle them because of it - I’ve seen it hundreds of times. Look at your reaction to me? It’s so totally over the top. You’re a prig Mick, and a massive hypocrite. You simply can’t take what you dish out. The words “I was wrong” are simply not in your lexicon - which makes you a weak person.

In my opinion you contribute nothing to this site. Only your “I’ve been watching football for 150 years so I’m bound to be right” bullshit. I really have no idea why I took you off ignore.

P.S. I’m not a self-appointed anything Mick. It was you who said that.

Cheers.

But you’re not an ‘electronic engineer’ which is what you said. Look Mick, I really don’t give a fuck about you or your bleating. You’re perfectly happy to jump on people for incorrect spelling or grammar and try to belittle them because of it - I’ve seen it hundreds of times. Look at your reaction to me? It’s so totally over the top. You’re a prig Mick, and a massive hypocrite. You simply can’t take what you dish out. The words “I was wrong” are simply not in your lexicon - which makes you a weak person.

In my opinion you contribute nothing to this site. Only your “I’ve been watching football for 150 years so I’m bound to be right” bullshit. I really have no idea why I took you off ignore.

P.S. I’m not a self-appointed anything Mick. It was you who said that.

Cheers.
Wow.
Take your own advice
"O wad some Power the giftie gie us To see oursels as ithers see us!

As a medical professional, I plead not guilty to being ignorant. However, your last line finally shows your true colours. Colours as in" nature", just in case you decide that's also racial.

And I stand by it. Most of them are apes, white, black, green or purple. I watched an 8 part series about the Dallas Cowboys and from the white GM down, they were almost all pig ignorant, foul mouthed idiots. That documentary really said it all. NFL is not a game for thinking a lot!
Okay fair enough, not racist, but certainly ignorant. Unless gay people started eating dicks i'm not sure how that's offensive to them, but if any gay men were offended, I offer my apologies.

There is so much more to what happens on the field that the layperson wouldn't understand. Understanding the offense/defense what they're trying to achieve and how is not readily visible. The language used to communicate while masking that from the opposition. No, i'm not trying to convince anyone to like it, but if you watched one documentary on one team, and think you can apparently form an opinion about virtually every individual in the sport, then maybe not racist, but indeed you're prejudiced and ignorant.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, the remark had no racial overtones at all. You can't come on to a predominately British web site for a British team and expect people to know what might possibly be offensive in your country.
APE...BIG, MUSCLE BOUND, THICKOS OF NO PARTICULAR RACE CREED OR COLOUR.

And I never ever mentioned fruit of any kind. Although I do love a banana!!!

If you find our rhetoric offensive (and it's not), I suggest you find another forum.
I'll take you at your word, but please stop pretending it's only in my country that this happens. Even unintentionally.

Ever heard of Archie the royal Chimp?

Apparently that's not good enough, when I tried that tack He argued with me and called me a liar (to all intents and purposes) and then a couple of posters disagreed with me for telling him that it never occurred to me that your comment was racist because I dont think that way.
Funny old world it's turning out to be....
That's not what happened, but if it helps you sleep at night...

Surely another Spurs win would do far more good.

Okay fair enough, not racist, but certainly ignorant. Unless gay people started eating dicks i'm not sure how that's offensive to them, but if any gay men were offended, I offer my apologies.

There is so much more to what happens on the field that the layperson wouldn't understand. Understanding the offense/defense what they're trying to achieve and how is not readily visible. The language used to communicate while masking that from the opposition. No, i'm not trying to convince anyone to like it, but if you watched one documentary on one team, and think you can apparently form an opinion about virtually every individual in the sport, then maybe not racist, but indeed you're prejudiced and ignorant.

Have a great day.
I am ignorant about the game. You're absolutely right. But definitely not prejudiced. I am ready to be enlightened to the subtleties and nuances of the game if you can help.

Back
Top Bottom