Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@ truetomyself truetomyself ...
To put it all simply ... I wish I knew what the exact problem and solution is.
But I do know is that things are not adding up for me.
We have good players, but often have below par games.
And I don't even want to go to that whole gelling period idea. It isn't completely valid anymore.

The reality is that both teams had injury problems, yet even before the red card, Liverpool were in control of the game. You are asking me why I blame AVB. Well, I could start from his tactical approach to his starting lineup and finally to his substitutions that he makes. But I won't. Many have already said these things on here before.

However, I will tell you that my blaming of AVB doesn't just rise up from this game.
I've always been supportive of AVB, but now the accumulation of our performances this season so far, have made me to think that people like @ Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante and @ sammyspurs sammyspurs may indeed have some valid points in the midst of some of their bickery.

That "whoever starts the thread will jinx us" thing is just superstitious claptrap.

If you want the real reason why we are losing some games, then check the programs from this season for a piece entitled "Off the shelf: Dusting down the forgotten negatives". It is only published every now and then but we always lose those games. Gotta be more than coincidence...
:troll:

I've always been supportive of AVB, but now the accumulation of our performances this season so far, have made me to think that people like @ Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante and @ sammyspurs sammyspurs may indeed have some valid points in the midst of some of their bickery.
Save that those two individuals were on AVB's back after the first game of the season. That's a bit different from giving the man a chance then judging after a good chunk of results.

Hmm, just caught up and read the last 40-odd pages.

I've backed AVB (probably overly so) since the start but at the moment i'm starting to lose a bit of faith. Today wasn't completely his fault but he must take some blame because once again we looked short of ideas.

The players today were fucking cack. I don't mind losing if the players look like they're trying but today there was no movement, sloppy passing, and absolute no desire, and that is inexcusable. Soldado tried, Holtby as usual gave everything, and Lloris made some cracking saves but I didn't see anything positive besides that.

Naughton had the worst performance i've ever seen anyone have in a Spurs shirt, Dembele was terrible, Paulinho even worse than normal, Dawson as bad as his recent form, and Capoue out of his depth. The game was lost as soon as we named that back four to be honest. Not AVB's fault we have injuries and I don't buy the "he should have a LB" argument because if Rose is injured we would usually have Vertonghen as a contingency. Having our first, second, and third choice centre backs out also didn't help.

Wasn't as impressed by Walker as everybody else seems to be. Thought he was out of position quite a lot to be honest and thought it was one of his least impressive performances of the season. The defensive high line killed us, especially because we had Dawson and Capoue there. They also were too wide from each other which left about 20 yards between them that Suarez received through-balls into all game long. The same attacking move from Liverpool happened over and over and over and over again, it was painful to watch. We need to buck things up fucking quick, think if we lose to the Spammers on Wednesday it may be cheerio to AVB.

I have a 6 year old daughter, she has a better grasp of football than you do.
Thats why I have no intention of talking about football with you.
If you have any interests that you have a modicum of knowledge about, and I share an interest, I'll be happy to chat in the off topic section.
Actually that's not going to happen either, I'm going to consign your subsequent posts to the shit can.

"Dawson had Suarez in his backpocket" LMAO. What a gem

Stupidity now taking the lower road. Good times indeed

AVB was incompetent at Chelsea as we all know, so why does the buck start with him and not Levy who made the appointment? The chairman was trying to be clever and make Chelsea look the fools by the appointment and then he sacks Harry, all because he says he would manage England. Who brought the disastrous Ramos in behind Martin Jol's back, it is a catalogue of mistakes by the not so clever Levy that is and always has been the problem IMO...

AVB was incompetent at Chelsea as we all know, so why does the buck start with him and not Levy who made the appointment? The chairman was trying to be clever and make Chelsea look the fools by the appointment and then he sacks Harry, all because he says he would manage England. Who brought the disastrous Ramos in behind Martin Jol's back, it is a catalogue of mistakes by the not so clever Levy that is and always has been the problem IMO...
Aside from Wenger, David Moyes and Red Nose, how many managers in the modern PL era have had long term jobs?

People seem to think that hiring a top manager who makes it all happen is easy, but I think it is, at all.

Naughton had the worst performance i've ever seen anyone have in a Spurs shirt, Dembele was terrible, Paulinho even worse than normal, Dawson as bad as his recent form, and Capoue out of his depth.

Naughton was playing with an injury same with Dembele - Paulinho has been run into the ground (triffic rotation)

Dawson needs someone better than him alongside him, and Capoue played out of position.

These are all managerial choices.

What summed it up for me was the infighting in the Park Lane. Two separate incidents, both symptomatic of why I hate so many of our fans.

One bloke spent the entire match calling every player a cunt, most fans cunts and then started on one or two who gave out back to him.

Still, at least there was more fight in the crowd than the pitch.

One of my problems with our performance yesterday is that we never looked like trying too hard, not at 0-0, 0-1 or whatever the score was; the players were just standing on the pitch waiting for the game to end regardless of the result.

Club agrees departure of Andre Villas-Boas

The Club can announce that agreement has been reached with Head Coach, Andre Villas-Boas, for the termination of his services. The decision was by mutual consent and in the interests of all parties.

Naughton was playing with an injury same with Dembele - Paulinho has been run into the ground (triffic rotation)

Dawson needs someone better than him alongside him, and Capoue played out of position.

These are all managerial choices.
So let's assume Naughton wasn't available (as he's injured like you say) and we leave out Paulinho and Dembele (and Sandro who was also injured), - what's your starting XI for yesterday? Bearing in mind Capoue can't be started at CB because that's out of position.

Genuinely curious.

Also an observation from yesterday, not sure if it happened in the games prior but it was blindingly obvious yesterday.

Our full-backs launch cavalier attacks down the wings leaving the 2 CB's on their own at the back, who have to split further apart in order to defend the wings when the opposition countered. That in turn left a gaping hole between them and on either side of them which meant every time Liverpool attacked they threw 3/4 players forward and outnumbered us. Was that AVB instructing the full-backs to do that or is it in their nature?

From 365 mailbox

Selling Caulker was bad idea because he was a homegrown talent and it sends a negative message to the rest of your academy. It also gives the fans a boost to see one of their own out there. For reference see Jon Flanagan.
Brian (Only a Spurs fan would see a fifth-place finish the season after a fourth-place finish as 'making progress') LFC

Scouse prick has a point sadly

Back
Top Bottom