Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City - 10th Feb - 1.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forgot to mention this earlier, at the start of the second half Oliver came out with Madison and was whispering in his ear.

Not long after he gave them that pen, specifically Madison.

Also, another incident was that the one time he decided to give us a foul in that first half he “played on” and we gained no advantage but he didn’t pull it back for the foul.

Honestly I really do believe that an independent investigation needs to go into the officials in this league, with everything that happened during the Leicester season and now with Liverpool and also the massive inconsistencies across the league I believe that something needs to be done about them.

IMO, I think that the third view definitely showed it was a penalty. Put it this way, if the tackle on Sonny wasn't a penalty, neither was theirs.
I was annoyed at that on MOTD, they Uber analysed Sons incident, and made no mention of Maddison's miracle of surviving being touched by Vert's, and shot by a sniper at the same time.
They were either both pens, or both disallowed.
....and both booked or given a bollocking.
You had a better view live than I did, from my seat Sons was a clear pen and Maddison's wasn't.
Just two more incidents in a litany of botched decisions and blundering ineptitude by a referee so out of touch and incompetent that he should be put back to Sunday league level.

I was annoyed at that on MOTD, they Uber analysed Sons incident, and made no mention of Maddison's miracle of surviving being touched by Vert's, and shot by a sniper at the same time.
They were either both pens, or both disallowed.
....and both booked or given a bollocking.
You had a better view live than I did, from my seat Sons was a clear pen and Maddison's wasn't.
Just two more incidents in a litany of botched decisions and blundering ineptitude by a referee so out of touch and incompetent that he should be put back to Sunday league level.

I can't believe any pundit or commentator would think that was a penalty. I knew it in real time but it took me exactly one replay to decide it was a complete farce. Bearing in mind all the stick Oliver had been getting throughout the 1st half I'm amazed he had the gall to award it. His head was clearly messed up for the 90 minutes.

Winning again when we didn't play great overall, sign of a good team. I thought Llorente played well, especially the first 35-40 minutes. Sissoko again impressed. Winks and Rose special mention too. So happy to see Sanchez get off the mark.

I tell you what though I do like Tielemans. Certainly has an eye for a pass and is cool and controlled on the ball. Is he just on loan at Leicester? I'd be going for him in the summer.

Whilst Poch wont mention the ref in the post match conference i'm pretty sure they submit match reports including comments on the Ref, you can bet your bottom dollar there will be some questions asked, most notably why Sonny got a yellow, I fully expect that to be rescinded. Taking a step back and looking at the decisions a day later when it's less raw, I feel Oliver should be dropped, plain as. I though Sissoko was mustard, was a great ball to Sonny at the end, sure a little lucky but these things are all fine margins and this time it paid off.

I thought it was a professional performance, especially Danny in Vardy's ear. Skipp up until now has been average for me but I thought he had a really good game. Maybe not a starter for me and quite similar to Winks but he seems to be growing every game and likes to get stuck in, one of those annoying players to go up against (always there trying to get the ball).

Oliver shouldn't ref our games anymore, I have so many instances in my head where he's given shit decisions against us that it would take such a monumental swing in decisions our way that there is no way it could actually be fair on our opposition in those one off games.

It's past the point where either us or our opposition won't think he's a complete cunt.

Oliver shouldn't ref our games anymore, I have so many instances in my head where he's given shit decisions against us that it would take such a monumental swing in decisions our way that there is no way it could actually be fair on our opposition in those one off games.

It's past the point where either us or our opposition won't think he's a complete cunt.
Is it even possible for the club to file such complaints?

And would they even be taken seriously by the FA?

They do get 'demoted' and spend some time reffing Championship or League 1.

A spell running the line in the Valspar League 2 (North) would not go amiss.

Last edited:
Hi
Forgot to mention this earlier, at the start of the second half Oliver came out with Madison and was whispering in his ear.

Not long after he gave them that pen, specifically Madison.

Also, another incident was that the one time he decided to give us a foul in that first half he “played on” and we gained no advantage but he didn’t pull it back for the foul.

Honestly I really do believe that an independent investigation needs to go into the officials in this league, with everything that happened during the Leicester season and now with Liverpool and also the massive inconsistencies across the league I believe that something needs to be done about them.

Sky tell the ref what they want Sky pay Fifa what Fifa want to turn a blind eye the show goes on Sky edit the script to their liking , when none of the Sky teams were in the race they decided a fairy tale would gain the most global attention and gave Leicester all the help they could with decisions , genuinely believe it's the case these days , Man U will get the the same favourable treatment as soon as they resemble a side with a remote chance of challenging.

Back
Top Bottom