Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City - 10th Feb - 1.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can understand some of why Son didn’t get it and got booked. He kind of dangles his right foot outwards to “hang on” to Maguire’s leg as Maguire moves it away.

It was one of those that legitimately could have been given because there was a very light “foul” on him, which he then emphasised/exaggerated.

More outrageous was the penalty Oliver didn’t give Son against Liverpool. That was a 100% stoner.

Their penalty seemed more like Maddison falling into Vertonghen.

I really wish they’d completely re-think penalties. Instead of being awarded just because a player gets fouled in the area, regardless if they are in a position to score or create a clear goal scoring chance, they should make penalties for anywhere in the attacking half where a foul/hb prevents a clear chance (including the clear assist of one) and just have direct free kick for non threatening fouls inside the box.

It’s daft that a player clean through on goal gets fouled 6 inches outside the box is rewarded/punished less than a player tripped going the opposite direction 6 inches inside the box down toward the corner flag

“Light Foul”?????

It was a penalty all day long

You'll get there in the end

Will I?

What’s the matter Mick?

Still sulking after I criticised your appalling “joke” in the joke thread regarding Sala?

New depths plumbed even for you

And before you say it
No I’m not easily offended

The most striking thing to me in the game was that Leicester have some of the younger English talent we should be having on our books and developing before they become unaffordable.

We seem betwixt ideology a little was my overriding thought over and above the game itself.

Oh poor Mick Cooper

Doesn’t like it when posters challenge him but ok taking the piss out of the recently deceased

Par for the course with him though as he posts in an army forum and calls squaddies cannon fodder

Really upset he’s put me on ignore

Wanker

you got the last 5 words right
but you don't understand what a "target man" does
watch the game again, because thats what he did all game - hell, he even started running at one point, doing crossfield passes and helping with the defence.
he could have been more robust with Evans and McGuire IMV, but otherwise he was OK
Nothing special, but played his part

Forum Policemen alert

Oh poor Mick Cooper
No - I'm not actually

Doesn’t like it when posters challenge him but ok taking the piss out of the recently deceased
Couldn't care less, but you aren't really a challenge Baz, you're really not. You're just a sad angry old man.

Par for the course with him though as he posts in an army forum and calls squaddies cannon fodder
Beneath contempt, but shows how ignorant you are.

Really upset he’s put me on ignore - aren't you?

Wanker
But upset enough to call me offensive names because I did?
I'm really pleased for you Baz, you have found another person to try to piss off and annoy, your life's work laid bare.
I have put you on ignore simply because I don't want to get sucked into your world of hate, division, conflict and anger.
I prefer supporting Spurs, having a laugh and enjoying the craic on here. You are on ignore because you just spoil everything that's good about the place

I'm really pleased for you Baz, you have found another person to try to piss off and annoy, your life's work laid bare.
I have put you on ignore simply because I don't want to get sucked into your world of hate, division, conflict and anger.
I prefer supporting Spurs, having a laugh and enjoying the craic on here. You are on ignore because you just spoil everything that's good about the place

Forum Policeman alert confirmed

Also a liar

If you’d put me on ignore as you said then why are you responding to my message?

I will answer that one for you

Because you didn’t like what I posted because you and I both know it was the truth

You did call squaddies canon fodder which was disgraceful just because you’re so high and mighty that you look down on them and this marine called you out on it but as usual Mick Cooper can’t take it because his head is so far up his arse

And you like the craic on here providing you aprove of it
If not you make your usual asnine remarks so go and fuck your self and no more PMs this time please

I’m really done with you

Maybe I am the only one, but it looks like Son tries to move his foot towards the leg therefore trying to con the ref. I probably would not say it was a yellow, but it was not a penalty. He did dive earlier in the game though so maybe the ref was remembering that.

If it was Harry instead of Son would he still gotten a yellow for the same play?

If it was Harry instead of Son would he still gotten a yellow for the same play?
I don't know. Kane has got a yellow for diving and has a reputation for it, SO I am not really sure what your point is.

(I am guessing it is some sort of hint at favouring English players which is just wrong; Alli, Rose and Kane prove that.)

Last edited:
Raiders<<<<< Gooner alert!!
I am just sick of the constant victimhood on this forum and indeed among most spurs fans. I have had a season ticket for 20 years, so your gooner comments make me laugh. I have never seen it so good and I have never seen the media so complimentary; however, to some everything is against us. Even Jenas who says 'we' when talking about Tottenham is a traitor because he thinks Son dived, which probably did btw.
Trying to have some objectivity does not make one a gooner, in fact quite the opposite I would say.

I don't know. Kane has got a yellow for diving and has a reputation for it, SO I am not really sure what your point is.

(I am guessing it is some sort of hint at favouring English players which is just wrong; Alli, Rose and Kane prove that.)

I have a habit of going through possible answers I would get when I ask a question. You seem to have a few opinion of your own on this thread so I asked, but the amswer you gave me "I don't know" did not offer much surprise. Thanks for your reply though

Last edited:
I have a habit of going through possible answers I would get when I ask a question. You seem to have a few opinion of your own on this thread so I asked, but the amswer you gave me "I don't know" did not offer much surprise. Thanks for your reply though
Obviously I can't say for sure what Oliver would have done in hypothetical situation. I would lean towards 'he would have given Kane a yellow'. Most of the decisions were going against us.

Back
Top Bottom