Tottenham Hotspur v. Internazionale (Home), 7 Mar 2013 20:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just off an inter forum, some hilarious comments. They made a thread for next weeks game, someone says 'moderater delete this thread please, it's pointless' then on the match thread from last night,heres a few crackers..

Oh no, not these cunts
Them and Ajax can do one
They're singing that song again, fuck sake
HELL YEAH!!! NO BALE IN MILANO!!!!
GET THE FUCK OUT
So this is what a full stadium looks like..lol
FUCKING SHOOT RICKY YOU FUCK
TOLD YOU SO. Some of you were overpositive because of that comeback win and said it's only Tottenham....our team can only wish that we could play like them.

And that's only from page 1-7 out of 75 odd.

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?11443-Tottenham-Inter-(7-Mar-13)/page38

Thing is, they have a young coach who is under pressure, are 1 point off the last Italian CL spot, and are under financial duress. It wouldn't be outrageous to think they might, at least subconsciously, not mind having the extra fixtures.
I disagree, I think they were in complete shock yesterday at our tempo. Regardless of how Inter played, I can count on my hands the amount of times I have seen our midfield go out from the first moment and hunt and recycle the ball like that. Every midfielder was busting a gut to tackle back and just about every time Inter had the ball in the centre third, they would be met by at least two Spurs shirts trying to take the ball off them.

The engine of the team was completely off the charts. You look at reactions of players like Pereira, Alvarez, Zanetti and Chivu through the game and tell me they wanted to lose like that... The only player that looked like he was having a good time was Cassano, but then that crazy clown would have a smile on his face if he was 10-0 down to Milan in a CL final...

I think last night shows how A) confidence and B) having the crowd fully behind you 100% really can make a difference. Its been a bit of a talking point recently, what with the booing and that, and some of the players have come out on Twitter and said as much, but not having lost in a long time and the whole atmosphere around the club and the fans singing like that, (i only watched on TV but you could tell how amazing it was even from that) it just seemed to make everyone 6 inches taller, give them an extra foot in the sprint, everything.

I'm fucking loving every second of it at the minute. I'm high as fuck on Tottenham Hotspur.

I agree, of course no one wants to suffer a demoralizing loss like that. I guess I was just shocked at how bad Inter were last night. I know they have declined sharply in the past few years and are suffering from injuries currently but they were just shockingly toothless.

I disagree, I think they were in complete shock yesterday at our tempo. Regardless of how Inter played, I can count on my hands the amount of times I have seen our midfield go out from the first moment and hunt and recycle the ball like that. Every midfielder was busting a gut to tackle back and just about every time Inter had the ball in the centre third, they would be met by at least two Spurs shirts trying to take the ball off them.

The engine of the team was completely off the charts. You look at reactions of players like Pereira, Alvarez, Zanetti and Chivu through the game and tell me they wanted to lose like that... The only player that looked like he was having a good time was Cassano, but then that crazy clown would have a smile on his face if he was 10-0 down to Milan in a CL final...
Well said, we blew them away physically both on the ground and aerially. Yes they're not the team they were, but let's not take anything away from our tremendous performance.

I think last night shows how A) confidence and B) having the crowd fully behind you 100% really can make a difference. Its been a bit of a talking point recently, what with the booing and that, and some of the players have come out on Twitter and said as much, but not having lost in a long time and the whole atmosphere around the club and the fans singing like that, (i only watched on TV but you could tell how amazing it was even from that) it just seemed to make everyone 6 inches taller, give them an extra foot in the sprint, everything.

I'm fucking loving every second of it at the minute. I'm high as fuck on Tottenham Hotspur.
VEry, very well said. If only our crowd will now realise that if they back the team and stop whinging so much they can really help us. Not only that, it's much more fun for the crowd themselves, I'd hope anyway. Though some people love to moan, that's for sure. not just Spurs fans either, or indeed just football fans :)

Have a really good feeling about this competition and the result against Inter is only strengthening it. I really believe we can go all the way, the players want it, the staff want it and we want it!

Have a really good feeling about this competition and the result against Inter is only strengthening it. I really believe we can go all the way, the players want it, the staff want it and we want it!
I dig that ! We can go all the way: Would feel a lot more comfortable if Lloris was in goal after next weeks match for. Getting towards the business end of the comp and we need very advantage we can get!

I dig that ! We can go all the way: Would feel a lot more comfortable if Lloris was in goal after next weeks match for. Getting towards the business end of the comp and we need very advantage we can get!
I thought Brad was pretty good against Inter personally.

I'd rather Lloris stayed fresh for the league. The Europa League would be nice to win, but CL qualification is crucial, specially if we want Bale to stay.

I thought Brad was pretty good against Inter personally.

I'd rather Lloris stayed fresh for the league. The Europa League would be nice to win, but CL qualification is crucial, specially if we want Bale to stay.
Yes its an interesting conundrum: I agree with CL as most important. If say we make the semis dont we want to play our best keeper, the guy who comes out and narrows the scoring chances for the opposition and/or rely on our defence to continue their great form with Friedel playing well on his line! We could play Lazio again, when we are in this sort of form. I think we would have their measure:

Before the home game I wanted Hugo in goal for the San Siro

but I've changed my mind and would stick with Brad

IF we get to the quarter finals i'd probably give Brad the home game and Hugo the away game

Hopefully what happened to Milan tonight serves as a reminder to our boys that the tie isn't over.

Inter aren't a scratch on Barcelona of course but still

Back
Top Bottom