Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A bit early perhaps, but possibly the first time this season we'll have most of our players fit.

Lloris
Walker-Peters. Alderweireld. Vertonghen Davies
Winks. Ndombele
Son. Eriksen Lo Celso/Dele
Kane

Subs :. Gazzaniga. Rose. Sanchez. Sissoko Skipp Lo Celso/Dele, Moura

Fit but not in squad :. Aurier, Lamela Sessegnon

Not fit : Foyth, Dier

First of many I hope when we have choices as to who starts and who is on the bench.

Really couldn't decide whether Poch is going to prefer to start Dele or Lo Celso

Thought after Rose being involved in so many goals it's about time Davies got a run out

One of these days Poch will need to rest Ndombele and start Skipp, so Skipp needs practice and Crystal Palace could just be the kind of opposition to do that with.

No idea which Spurs will turn up and can’t take any match for granted. Zaha will bully our defenders.:levyeyes:

Hope we see Aurier or KWP on the right, Tanguy back in action and a bit more of Lo Celso.

Last edited:
Should hopefully have Ndombele, KWP and Sessengon for this one.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Ndombele - Winks
Son - Dele - Eriksen
Kane

Providing Ndombele is fit I'd sit Winks out for this and stick another attacker in. We can't keep a clean sheet so may as well try and blast them away.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Ndombele
Son - Lo Celso - Eriksen - Lucas
Kane​

I just don’t understand how people judge that NDombele can do the holding midfielder job when he’s been brilliant at Lyon doing something totally different. Also Winks is not a holding midfielder and I’ve said it before, I’d normally start only one of Winks/NDombele/Sissoko and a more defensive midfielder like Dier.
Removing Winks and sticking another attacking player in won’t help us break packed defences either.

When we get hit on the break and concede goals people wonder why the fuck is our defence shambles. That’s why, cause it has no protection from the mid line.

Going to my first game of the season Vs Palace. Hoping to meet a few on here such as Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman and her crew.

Will need to make a sharp exit as The All Ireland replay is on at 6pm - Kerry Vs Dublin.

I just don’t understand how people think that NDombele can do the holding midfielder job when he’s been brilliant at Lyon doing something totally different. Also Winks is not a holding midfielder and I’ve said this before, I’d normally start only one out of Winks/NDombele/Sissoko and a more defensive midfielder like Dier. Removing Winks and sticking another attacking player in won’t help us break packed defences.

There is no other defensive midfielder available unless Wanyama's transfer is off (I hope it is).

For three of four games we have been losing after 60-65 mins and took Winks off for an attacking player. Why not just do it from the start at 0-0?

Not an easy game.

8 points from our 5 games would be 2 shy of a very good start.

I expected 6 points but 2 losses so 5 and 1 is okay but only if we beat Palace.

Happier tonight than last weekend that is for sure.

There is no other defensive midfielder available unless Wanyama's transfer is off (I hope it is).
As I said I don’t know what’s Poch thinking to do with his system but having no real defensive midfielder is a fucking shambles strategy. Why haven’t we addressed this in the summer I really don’t know.

Villa game, Newcastle game and even today showed how much space we live in the middle when we get hit on the break. Our double pivot is usually too high up the pitch to track back runners from deep. I’d say that’s because their nature is not holding but more like transitional, someone who links the defence with the attacking players.

A point at the Death Star and city are progress on last season, let’s get a good run of wins together after the break starting with palace and prove Newcastle was just a blip!

As I said I don’t know what’s Poch thinking to do with his system but having no real defensive midfielder is a fucking shambles strategy. Why haven’t we addressed this in the summer I really don’t know.

Villa game, Newcastle game and even today showed how much space we live in the middle when we get hit on the break. Our double pivot is usually too high up the pitch to track back runners from deep. I’d say that’s because their nature is not holding but more like transitional, someone who links the defence with the attacking players.

I agree and your last sentence is why Winks does well in bigger games than against bus parkers because in game like today there is a bit more frantic tempo and his style of retaining the ball stands out while others on both sides are giving it away. Against sides like Newcastle and Villa when they don't mind not having possession he has not enough ideas. That's why I'd sit him out because Palace at home you suspect we'll have 60% possession even without him so someone who can use it to create chances cam be better fit.

As for DM I imagine Poch either really rates Skipp or is waiting for Dier to return.

yIPx7HO.jpg

Gazza, Aurier, Rose, Sanchez, Ndombele, Dele, Kane

This is what I go with. We need to use our pace and high pressure game to put teams on edge. We have been playing far too lackadaisical for far too long. Run at them and win the ball back high up the pitch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom