Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea <removed>s

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He plays the 3-5-2 system when a team plays 2 strikers. He did the same thing last year, nothing new.

Chelsea don't play with 2 strikers, so he won't sacrifice the man in midfield for another defender.

We'll play 4-3-2-1, with Sissoko in midfield.
Sussed it, Its Jimmy Hill junior?

Commentary is shocking. Souness saying "Hard to separate the teams tonight"
Fuck right off. What about the two fucking goals we scored you cretin? Or the clean sheet we kept? Or the three fucking points we take? Or Chelsea's record breaking run that doesn't exist because of us?

Absolutely ridiculous these pundits.

Funny thing is that Sky actually seem to think that they're putting on a Spurs representative in Jamie Redknapp or Souness to counteract the ever present Woolwich and Chelsea types who live at Sky... I would much rather just have Neville there instead of those allegedly pro-Spurs pundits who, and especially in the case of Redknapp jr., have an obvious axe to grind with the club.

Funny thing is that Sky actually seem to think that they're putting on a Spurs representative in Jamie Redknapp or Souness to counteract the ever present Woolwich and Chelsea types who live at Sky... I would much rather just have Neville there instead of those allegedly pro-Spurs pundits who, and especially in the case of Redknapp jr., have an obvious axe to grind with the club.
BT Sports flash up, football related words between programmes , yesterday they flashed up 'Come on you Spurs. This was before the PL review .

watched both goals again just now and trying to work out if they were just two good, improvised crosses or if the whole move was something we'd worked on.
Both times Eriksen plays the ball out to walker and just waits while 2 or 3 of their defenders press the ball. walker immediately gives it back (possibly) already knowing that there will now be space there for eriksen to take time to cross. Meanwhile, because of that press and kane's movement keeping him in the near post area and occupying luiz and cahill, a space to attack opens up at the far post for alli.

Looked pre-planned for sure. Walker didn't even look when he passed, knew Eriksen was there and Eriksen didn't even look up for the run, just crossed first time.

watched both goals again just now and trying to work out if they were just two good, improvised crosses or if the whole move was something we'd worked on.
Both times Eriksen plays the ball out to walker and just waits while 2 or 3 of their defenders press the ball. walker immediately gives it back (possibly) already knowing that there will now be space there for eriksen to take time to cross. Meanwhile, because of that press and kane's movement keeping him in the near post area and occupying luiz and cahill, a space to attack opens up at the far post for alli.
Chelsea defiantly play zone football. Look when we get a throw, they create a box shape of players around the thrower (its not random) They play in - pre trained shapes-if you know what I mean. Shift the ball quick and away from these areas, they have to move and regroup very quickly. What you are saying is probably true and we seem have exploited it.

So you're saying their is a trend here, one that perhaps needs to be broken? By someone?

:pochsmirk:
We mustn't forget Chelsea are a decent side and will not lose too many. We need to keep going and not worry about them, computers or TV pundits. Soon we play in the EL KOs and Chelsea and Liverpool rest at home. This will be the telling spell for us.

We mustn't forget Chelsea are a decent side and will not lose too many. We need to keep going and not worry about them, computers or TV pundits. Soon we play in the EL KOs and Chelsea and Liverpool rest at home. This will be the telling spell for us.

I actually think our season went down the pan after we we forfeited the Dortmund tie.....the flow was disrupted and having that whole week in between did us no favours at all.

I think the lads will cope.....they seem to be reaching peak fitness now, halfway in. Kane looking sharper than he has for a good while, and Eriksen all over the place.

I think we can finish well and win a cup. If Chelsea need to be out of the Europe to mount a title challenge, then its money not well spent on their part.

Last edited:
I actually think our season went down the pan after we we forfeited the Dortmund tie.....the flow was disrupted and having that whole week in between did us no favours at all.

I think the lads will cope.....they seem to be reaching peak fitness now, halfway in. Kane looking sharper than he has for a good while, and Eriksen all over the place.

I think we finish well and win a cup. If Chelsea need to be out of the Europe to mount a title challenge, then its money not well spent on their part.

I hope so. I hate the point of 'stick or twist' moments, what player to choose, PL or EL. take the FA Cup serious or not. My feelings are, I wouldn't have it any other way and play our strongest in every game and play to win. I have always believed this but know modern football will not allow it.

Back
Top Bottom