Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - Premier League - 24.11.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still think at £14m in 'old money', Bentley still takes some trumping... Esp when you consider he saw out his entire contract.
I was just thinking the same thing about Bentley. He is one of my least favourite players of all time...all that talent and occasional performances aside, he was just happy to steel a massive wage every week. His signing deprived us of having someone committed and his attitude couldn’t have inspired the changing room.

We all know Sissoko wasn’t worth £30m at the time of his transfer but we were desperate and Newcastle could play us off against Everton to get top dollar. Its not the players fault and it just makes it harder for him (and similarly Lamela) as fans expect more from them because thier selling club drove very hard bargains.

But even before Sissoko’s recent purple patch, at least he has played regularly, never sulked, always tried and always puts a shift in. (He even occasionally found a White Shirt when passing)
If we compared his price tag to the number of games he has played, as a ratio i bet there are many more worse signings.

I think Sarri is a great manager in a lot of ways. Yes, he can be a stubborn idealist, but unlike Mourinho, you can appreciate why he does his business that way.

That being said, I hope Spurs fuck this disgraceful nothing racist club so hard that Sarri’s pathetic little girl arms get removed from his rotund torso for some reason.

What I’m saying is, Sarri looks like what an alien would draw a human if given a rough approximation by a blind man.

Also, if Hazard’s legs randomly broke off from his body and kicked Willian in the balls so hard that it permanently sterilized his entire lineage, that would be okay by me.

Fuck Chelsea, and fuck their supporters. These people make West Ham fans look enlightened. They make Liverpool fans seem classy. They make United fans seem reasonable. They are a pit of human sewage and garbage so unrelentingly shitty that only Woolworth support could compare. Small time club soon to be in the Championship when Papa Russia jumps ship. Go fuck off with Millwall where you belong.

I think Sarri is a great manager in a lot of ways. Yes, he can be a stubborn idealist, but unlike Mourinho, you can appreciate why he does his business that way.

That being said, I hope Spurs fuck this disgraceful nothing racist club so hard that Sarri’s pathetic little girl arms get removed from his rotund torso for some reason.

What I’m saying is, Sarri looks like what an alien would draw a human if given a rough approximation by a blind man.

Also, if Hazard’s legs randomly broke off from his body and kicked Willian in the balls so hard that it permanently sterilized his entire lineage, that would be okay by me.

Fuck Chelsea, and fuck their supporters. These people make West Ham fans look enlightened. They make Liverpool fans seem classy. They make United fans seem reasonable. They are a pit of human sewage and garbage so unrelentingly shitty that only Woolworth support could compare. Small time club soon to be in the Championship when Papa Russia jumps ship. Go fuck off with Millwall where you belong.

So you don't like Chelscum then?

Our biggest games Performances have not been impressive this season.

Not optimistic at all.

ForkedDiligentIrishsetter.webp

Well said sir!

I tip my hat

Tell us how you really feel about them

Bring back Woolworths.

Interesting point on the pod about us generally doing well when games come thick and fast, unlike some of our contemporaries. Christmas is nearly always prolific for us under Poch.

20 December 2014 Tottenham Hotspur 2–1 Burnley
26 December 2014 Leicester City 1–2 Tottenham Hotspur
28 December 2014 Tottenham Hotspur 0–0 Manchester Utd
1 January 2015 Tottenham Hotspur 5–3 Chelsea

19 December 2015 Southampton 0–2 Tottenham Hotspur
26 December 2015 Tottenham Hotspur 3–0 Norwich City
28 December 2015 Watford 1–2 Tottenham Hotspur
3 January 2016 Everton 1–1 Tottenham Hotspur

18 December 2016 Tottenham Hotspur 2–1 Burnley
28 December 2016 Southampton 1–4 Tottenham Hotspur
1 January 2017 Watford 1–4 Tottenham Hotspur
4 January 2017 Tottenham Hotspur 2–0 Chelsea

23 December 2017 Burnley 0–3 Tottenham Hotspur
26 December 2017 Tottenham Hotspur 5–2 Southampton
2 January 2018 Swansea City 0–2 Tottenham Hotspur

(i may have neglected to mention a pumping by the Arab state formally known as Manchester City just before last Christmas)

Definitely feel like we need momentum sometimes to get into our best form. We may complain about injuries and players needing a rest but i actually think we are better suited than most clubs to deal with games every three days. Our players are fitter and are adaptable to various positions and systems. We don't seem as overly reliant on individuals as we have been.

Saying that i am more confident that we will put in a top notch performance when Vertonghen, Dembelle, Eriksen, Alli and Kane are all actually playing in the same starting 11 which hasn't happened since the premier league started or so it seems.

So yeah, fuck another international break basically, but glad we will be two weeks closer to seeing a fully fit Eriksen and Alli, and two weeks closer to seeing Jan back in training.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom