Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm certainly not qualified to criticize tactics. But, despite Dean's error, we were back on terms at 65 minutes, with better players on the field. Poch and Levy could reasonably expect the players to get across the line. Didn't happen. We must move forward.

I'm certainly not qualified to criticize tactics. But, despite Dean's error, we were back on terms at 65 minutes, with better players on the field. Poch and Levy could reasonably expect the players to get across the line. Didn't happen. We must move forward.
That's what fucked me off the most with today. Clawed our way back in it, then instead of pushing on for the winner we faded and got worse if anything. It was Burnley who were asking all the questions from then on. Weak mentality from the team today. Can see why Poch was so angry/disappointed with the display. All that time off and they serve that powder puff shit up. Let themselves down big time.

I think this has finally shown us that Levy needs to shit or get off the pot! We simply don't have a strong enough squad to go all the way. Sissoko, Trippier, Sanchez to name but a few. Look at M.C's bench. Or Liverpool. We simply don't have the strength in depth and Poch is hamstrung. Wasting millions on a stadium where we'll probably lose.
Levy MUST GO if we're ever to have a chance of glory and silverware.

“Wasting millions on a stadium where we will probably lose”. That has got to be one of the stupidest comment I have ever seen aired on here.
Then you follow up with “Levy must go”. Name me a Chairman of another English football League that you would think would do better. Woolwich, Chavs, Man U, L’pool and all the rest bar Man City envy how we have progressed over the last 10 years.
No chairman is perfect (Even the Chavs complain about the Russian crook not investing enough, after dropping billions) but we have improved enormously under Levy.

Hoped that I’d have calmed down by now from the pain of this defeat. No chance. Just getting worse and worse. Rugby didn’t help. I’m just puzzled as to why we didn’t go at then from the off with maximum intensity. Like many, with the break we’ve had, I’m just baffled at the lack of energy in the performance. We honestly had a decent chance of challenging for the league. Another failure when a wee bit of pressure is on and an opportunity is there for the taking. Fucking bollocks.

I think this has finally shown us that Levy needs to shit or get off the pot! We simply don't have a strong enough squad to go all the way. Sissoko, Trippier, Sanchez to name but a few. Look at M.C's bench. Or Liverpool. We simply don't have the strength in depth and Poch is hamstrung. Wasting millions on a stadium where we'll probably lose.
Levy MUST GO if we're ever to have a chance of glory and silverware.

What position was Sanchez playing today?

I think it was stated somewhere that he hasn't featured in any (or almost none) of our PL defeats this season? I can't see him as anything other than our next CB when Toby fucks off or Jan retires to play alongside Foyth.

We play every 3,4 days but keep winning even though we’re tired,we need break...! We get a break rest up and lose.....why? because we broke the momentum of not playing every 3,4 days....oh ffs

We play every 3,4 days but keep winning even though we’re tired,we need break...! We get a break rest up and lose.....why? because we broke the momentum of not playing every 3,4 days....oh ffs

Our players being tired or needing a break is a lazy excuse. Same was thrown at Kane earlier in the season when he was under performing.

I hate it when we have a break because we almost never perform following it. Absolutely dreading that 3 week without games next month. Not only is it going to be boring but it's likely we will probably drop points on return if history is anything to go by.

Some in here banging on about "mentality".

The key to any successful team sport is having players with the right character. Everything else can be trained ball skill, tactics, tackling, systems and how to defend and attack and the mental game.

No man (or woman for that matter) has been born that can train any human to change his or her character, he or she either has the right character to play in a participation sport or not. The same can even be said about staffing at a company.

On a second point, it's fucking obvious to any Spurs fan, that we haven't replaced Dembele. We may need to add a player here or there in the Summer, but we have never looked solid, or have pressed from the middle two midfielders since he left.

That position is paramount and needs to be filled as a priority.

Back
Top Bottom