Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (26th Dec) (12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not hard to see who ate the most sprouts on Christmas Day...
EMzL1ghWwAE8-5w

If we get fifth place people will consider that a success then right? That's punching above our weight and well worth the 15 million a year we are paying Jose.

1 thing at a time please.

I'll happily field questions as and when you acknowledge the points made to you...

I genuinely can't believe Mourinho is getting this much stick when he's taken us from what 12th-14th or wherever the fuck we were languishing to within 3 points of the top 4. In a handful of games.

I've been willing to sack off this season for weeks but not because of Mourinho because VAR is killing the game and Liverpool have had it sewn up for months now.

But I just think people have an agenda here.

I don't buy the "negative football" crap. And it is crap. We've scored lots of goals and played some entertaining matches since he's come here, and anyone who thinks Poch's build from the back and pass the ball endlessly sideways football of the last 12 months was any better needs their heads testing.

It's clear we need new fullbacks and a new DM. Get those and we are a different proposition. Put Trent Arnold, Robertson and Kante in our team we are suddenly challenging for the title. And I'm sure with his experience Mourinho is well aware of what we need.

Get him behind FFS!
COYS!
👏

I acknowledged them, I even went along with your side of argument.

Where....?

I didn't chop any of your reply off.

You seem to be flopping back to implying that JM has to win the league/CL again.

Meanwhile you can't even bring yourself to acknowledge that we're doing ok for now compared to the final days of Poch.

Back to an earlier unanswered question...

"What's happened to you man? .....Are you just sulking and pining for Poch?"

I genuinely can't believe Mourinho is getting this much stick when he's taken us from what 12th-14th or wherever the fuck we were languishing to within 3 points of the top 4. In a handful of games.

I've been willing to sack off this season for weeks but not because of Mourinho because VAR is killing the game and Liverpool have had it sewn up for months now.

But I just think people have an agenda here.

I don't buy the "negative football" crap. And it is crap. We've scored lots of goals and played some entertaining matches since he's come here, and anyone who thinks Poch's build from the back and pass the ball endlessly sideways football of the last 12 months was any better needs their heads testing.

It's clear we need new fullbacks and a new DM. Get those and we are a different proposition. Put Trent Arnold, Robertson and Kante in our team we are suddenly challenging for the title. And I'm sure with his experience Mourinho is well aware of what we need.

Get him behind FFS!
COYS!

The fact that some "fans" are moaning about Mourinho when he hasnt even been here for 10 games is ridiculous.

Plus he hasnt signed any of these players.

This is a transitional season for many reasons yet we are 3 points off 4th place - people need to get a grip.

I suspect you are supporting the wrong club. We are trying to build success the right way.
We are doing things in a particular way because that is what we are forced to do with the resources we have it's got nothing to do with some kind of moral crusade.
You are right MVP. This 'right way' has failed when the likes of Leicester have won more and are a better team than us right now too. Charging the fans the highest ticket prices in the league is not 'the right way', that is the worst possible way.

Where....?

I didn't chop any of your reply off.

"If we get fifth place people will consider that a success then right? That's punching above our weight "
You seem to be flopping back to implying that JM has to win the league/CL again.
That's not my requirement, that's what some other people expect.
Meanwhile you can't even bring yourself to acknowledge that we're doing ok for now compared to the final days of Poch.
We were 14th when we left so we are obviously doing better but we also lost to Man Utd and Chelsea without a fight and scraped past Wolves and Brighton. Generally I feel this team is on the decline and Jose has some rebuilding to do.
Back to an earlier unanswered question...

"What's happened to you man? .....Are you just sulking and pining for Poch?"
I didn't answer it because I don't know what that means. How do you think I was before?

"If we get fifth place people will consider that a success then right? That's punching above our weight "

Well, that comes across as an extention of a somewhat loaded question.

If that's genuinely your opinion then, thanks for sharing, but it does none-the-less fly in the face of the overall sentiment you're projecting.

That's not my requirement, that's what some other people expect.

Then let it go; engage with me on the basis of your OWN opinion then and let others represent theirs.

We were 14th when we left so we are obviously doing better....

....And how many posts has it taken for you to eventually conceded this much? :roll:

but we also lost to Man Utd and Chelsea without a fight and scraped past Wolves and Brighton.

Generally I feel this team is on the decline and Jose has some rebuilding to do.

Maybe, but you're projecting that a) we won't attempt to and b) that he's not capable whilst claiming accross various threads that this is merely you being a "realist".

I didn't answer it because I don't know what that means. How do you think I was before?

i.e. Not so terminally pessimistic... On the subject of us, you're skulking round like TheHood-light atm.

Give it (us) a chance is all I'm urging.....

Question in the interests of moving forward:
Having found ourselves 14th over a 3rd of the way into the season and struggling at both ends of the pitch; what would you consider a relatively pleasing outcome to our league campaign this season?

Well, that comes across as an extention of a somewhat loaded question.

If that's genuinely your opinion then, thanks for sharing, but it does none-the-less fly in the face of the overall sentiment you're projecting.

Then let it go; engage with me on the basis of your OWN opinion then and let others represent theirs.

....And how many posts has it taken for you to eventually conceded this much? :roll:

Maybe, but you're projecting that a) we won't attempt to and b) that he's not capable whilst claiming accross various threads that this is merely you being a "realist".

i.e. Not so terminally pessimistic... On the subject of us, you're skulking round like TheHood-light atm.

Give it (us) a chance is all I'm urging.....

Question in the interests of moving forward:
Having found ourselves 14th over a 3rd of the way into the season and struggling at both ends of the pitch; what would you consider a relatively pleasing outcome to our league campaign this season?
Top 4.

Back
Top Bottom