Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This would be a massive game in terms of our club records...

A win would set a new record for consecutive Spurs home wins (15), which is currently 95 years old, as well as setting a new Premier League record for Spurs consecutive wins (7).

This would be a massive game in terms of our club records...

A win would set a new record for consecutive Spurs home wins (15), which is currently 95 years old, as well as setting a new Premier League record for Spurs consecutive wins (7).

I wanna see us win all our remaining games at the lane, put it up to 18, and what a fitting end that would be to the Lane, that and us celebrating winning the double..........:pochsmirk:

I'll be sitting with the prawn sandwich eaters, first time actually sitting in the west stand. Block 15.

Dier looks terrific again in the DM role, and I think that the problem with not knowing what our best XI is at the moment is definitely a good thing. Son, Walker, & Wanyama might not even start at the moment. I think that we should probably lineup the way TottenhamAberdeen TottenhamAberdeen suggests though.

Me too think we are block 14, assuming we are at Wembley next season my last visit to the old place as well, confident we will March on and I would be happy with the same line up as for Watford. COYS

Don't fix what's not broken.

- Lloris -
- Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies -
- Dier Dembele-
- Eriksen Dele Son-
- Kane -

Only bring Walker and Kane back in. Harsh on Tripps but Walker is first choice.

We need to be careful though. Bournemouth are in ok form, and have Josh King who is in very good form. Aim to cut off the supply to him and do our usual press. 3 points needed.

Win this and I'm confident enough to say top 4 is guaranteed. Still not willing to say we'll finish above Woolwich, not after last season.

Last edited:
Don't fix what's not broken.

- Lloris -
- Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies -
- Dier Dembele-
- Eriksen Dele Son-
- Kane -

Only bring Walker and Kane back in. Harsh on Tripps but Walker is first choice.

We need to be careful though. Bournemouth are in ok form, and have Josh King who is in very good form. Aim to cut off the supply to him and do our usual press. 3 points needed.

Win this and I'm confident enough to say top 4 is guaranteed. Still not willing to say we'll finish above Woolwich, not after last season.

Trippier will start at least another 2 matches at some point this season (likely Palace and Leicester), our schedule is crammed starting with the semis.

My last game at the Lane as well, Park Lane Upper, so I think I'll feel quite poignant and sad come the final whistle.

I might try and steal something as a memento, so if you see someone leaving with a seat hidden under their t-shirt, come and say hello.

Last edited:
My last game at the Lane as well, Park Lane Upper, so I think I'll feel quite poignant and sad come the final whistle.

I might try and steal something as a memento, so if you see someone leaving with a seat hidden under their t-shirt, come and say hello.

Help yourself to a souvenir urinal cake.

:wanyama:

Feels like we've gone from looking a little threadbare to having to leave at least 3 players out unfairly within a week...

Its crazy isnt it! These are squad players that "weren't good enough" earlier in the season. Perhaps, we are lucky enough to be seeing a lot of players all coming into form at the same time.

Although it has its own problems. Every Keyboard Manager will have an opinion on who should be starting and if we drop points Poch will have got it wrong.

Bournemouth will be no pushovers, they have given Liverpool and Chelsea a game in the last few weeks. At home, and the form we are in, we should have far too much quality though.

Its crazy isnt it! These are squad players that "weren't good enough" earlier in the season. Perhaps, we are lucky enough to be seeing a lot of players all coming into form at the same time.

Although it has its own problems. Every Keyboard Manager will have an opinion on who should be starting and if we drop points Poch will have got it wrong.

Bournemouth will be no pushovers, they have given Liverpool and Chelsea a game in the last few weeks. At home, and the form we are in, we should have far too much quality though.

8/10 Poch seems to get his team selection right though - so we should all just trust him.

Will be difficult to leave out either Son / Janssen, Trippier / Walker, Wanyama / Dier though....

I'd keep Walker fresh for some upcoming games. Can't see Trippier bombing up and down the right wing at Wembley for 90 minutes, or being defensively good enough to cope with Woolwich or Manure. I'd play him on Saturday & then rotate him for Walker for the next 3 or 4. By then, Walker will be fully rested to do his machine thing all over again on our right flank in the bigger games that follow. Trippier has been fantastic in the last couple of games, but will get shredded defensively against teams with pace & width imo.

Also, is there any update on Danny Rose? We could really do with him back & firing on all cylinders. Again, Davies has done well in his absence, but it's Rose every time if/when he's ready & able.

I'd keep Walker fresh for some upcoming games. Can't see Trippier bombing up and down the right wing at Wembley for 90 minutes, or being defensively good enough to cope with Woolwich or Manure. I'd play him on Saturday & then rotate him for Walker for the next 3 or 4. By then, Walker will be fully rested to do his machine thing all over again on our right flank in the bigger games that follow. Trippier has been fantastic in the last couple of games, but will get shredded defensively against teams with pace & width imo.

Also, is there any update on Danny Rose? We could really do with him back & firing on all cylinders. Again, Davies has done well in his absence, but it's Rose every time if/when he's ready & able.

Apparently Danny may be back towards the end of the month.....
be nice if he was fit for the goons......

Trippier deserves to start this one I feel.

I think this will be another comprehensive 3/4-0 win.

The cherries looked quite good going forward against the chavs and were unlucky to loose 1-3, therefore I think we would be better with walker on this one.....
Plus he is likely to up his game with trippier playing so well lately....
It feels really nice now that we have competition for places even with key players still injured!

Back
Top Bottom