Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First, I don't post here nearly often enough. I always enjoy reading the game threads after we win! Quite entertaining. Very similar to the same type of threads on Kentucky basketball. Personally, I can't read threads, post, and watch games at same time. I'm typically a bit of a mess!

Games like yesterday's are such joy. Dortmund looked the better squad, we made a few horrific plays, had a couple of chances, but overall great concern at half. Then an absolute joyous 2H. Son's great start (after Jan's amazing cross), on edge for 30+ mins w it being just 1-Nil despite us obviously being better, then the incredible last 10 mins. So much fun!

My daughter may be doing a semester in England in 2020. Not even sure where, but if so, I've told the wife we are planning a visit to see her around a trip to the New White Hart Lane. I'll finally be able to see Spurs in person! If so, I will absolutely need to learn the various songs well in advance and plan to leave with no voice. #COYS!

State of these ratings, must have been watching a different match...

The only positive from that is that it reminded me that Chelsea paid £58 million for Pulisic

giphy.gif

So true...
My mate and I were looking across at them last night, and it dawned on us that they looked like what Watford are trying to be... the colour scheme helps of course...
Problem is, when you're from suburban Hertfordshire, it doesn't quite have the same impact!
I'm glad they didn't score, as we were saved the flares...

And yes, they didn't seem to notice when they went 1...2.... 3-0 down, as they seemed oblivious to what was going on during the game.

One thing to be said for them... at least they stayed till the end... more than plenty of Spurs fans did!

IMAGINE the empty seats on 90 mins if WE were 0-3 down??

Trouble is, with 8pm kick offs finishing at nearly 10pm, trains start getting sparse then. I’ve had to leave myself before the end of night games just to make sure I get home.

Have watched the match back today and that second half really was a masterclass. So proud of the team and manager and i think this little break before Burnley will do us the world of good.
Three things that need sorted or should have been already are Toby, Eriksen and Jan-they should all be on top wages and finish their careers with us. I think Verts will stay until retirement or close to it but the other two are possibly gone and that is so disappointing. If Foyth and big Dave are to be long term replacements for our senior CBs they still have absolutely LOADS to learn, they have the attributes but the diff bet the younguns and the old boys is massive.

I've been a huge fan of Winksy since I first saw him a few years ago-always thought he had the goods but I have got to say, the lad has become a man the last few months. He will only improve more and more now-I would love someone in there with him of genuine world class though to really free him up and see just how good he can actually become.
I think we have another little legend on our hands though.

"You were in good form with your singing tonight, Klaus."
"Thanks, Maxi."
"Such a rush."
"Yeah had loads of fun."
"By the way, what was the score?"
"Dunno, did we win?"
"No clue."
"Oh."
"Hmm."
"So, same time next week?"
"You're on."

I know a lot of y’all hate me for my negative posts. They are pessimistic. But they’re accurate. Levy is a cunt.

But... what I’ve been saying for the last year (Sotto) is that Vertonghen is a legend. A club legend. Sensational performance sensational player. He incapconates our team over the last 5 years

#legend

I know a lot of y’all hate me for my negative posts. They are pessimistic. But they’re accurate. Levy is a cunt.

But... what I’ve been saying for the last year (Sotto) is that Vertonghen is a legend. A club legend. Sensational performance sensational player. He incapconates our team over the last 5 years

#legend

I don't hate you. I don't think I have ever read one of your posts.

Drums were a drone but at least its a European culture....personally, I think the home support by and large in the PL is toilet. No big home team sings when they are losing, and barely when its level, so however contrived the Dortmund fans were, Im not going to cunt off a fan base that makes a noise for 90 minutes regardless of whats going on on the pitch.

I think its a bit of a shame that no matter what team you play against outside of the Britain, bar Barca and Real, our Euro away fans (our loudest element) are barely heard because these clubs try and make their homes a cauldron of support

Give me Basle, Dortmund, Malmo over the Etihad, Anfield, Emirates and Goodison every day of the fucking week personally, and minus the ultra thing, I hope NWHL is also more like European grounds.
At least Palace and Huddersfield etc tried to do something about it.

Back
Top Bottom